Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Exactly. I watch sports to see the best of the best go at it, not one team conquer all because some guys want to be handed a trophy. I don't watch college ball or women's sports (except occasionally tennis) because I want to see the best in the world against each other, not join already top of the line teams.

If Durant would have went to the Rockets that had already just recently won a title, I would have felt a little dirty like it was a cheat code. I would have still enjoyed rooting for them and the incoming titles but it would have seemed a bit hollow.
    In terms of team championships, there is nothing that should be considered hollow about any titles the Warriors win. Their only job is to win championships and they have been the premier organization in the league the last five or so years. I understand people diminishing the championship as its overall impact towards Durant's legacy, but nothing can be taken away from the team's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    In terms of team championships, there is nothing that should be considered hollow about any titles the Warriors win. Their only job is to win championships and they have been the premier organization in the league the last five or so years. I understand people diminishing the championship as its overall impact towards Durant's legacy, but nothing can be taken away from the team's legacy.
    To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    there isn't anything hollow about a team championship. What a chip does for an individual players legacy, damn right they all mean something different. I think we agree on that, if I am reading your post right man.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    To each their own.
    He's right. Gs fans should be allowed some level of pride with regards to their talent disparity. No other fan base will ever experience this amount of luck and timing

Maybe if he killed a loin with his bare hands

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe if he killed a loin with his bare hands
    maybe

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

KD will always be remembered for 1 thing no matter what he does in his career. That is something he put on himself.

He joined a 72 win team who just won a ship. That will always be a huge part of his legacy and likely what ppl will talk about in 30 years when his name is brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He's right. Gs fans should be allowed some level of pride with regards to their talent disparity. No other fan base will ever experience this amount of luck and timing
    Getting Durant was great for the teams legacy no doubt .. they've done it all right. You can't hold anything against a franchise for getting the best talent available.

Again fantastic for the team. But the move was horrible for his own personal legacy.

I would find it interesting if KD and Lebron teamed up. At this point I wouldn't put it passed either of them. Might as well make a super villain team where Lebron and Durant basically say "yeah this is who we are so what" embrace the heel role full fledge

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The big picture is desire for competition, and watching supposed generational players lift teams to great heights through adversity. These are why we love and cherish sports.

Durant went the other way, there is no competition, and we are robbed of seeing an all timer power through difficulty and show us success the old fashioned way.
    I hear ya. Itís crazy how good this team is. Last year was honestly a warm up and we went 16-1 in the playoffs, and EVEN with a historic shooting night, if we had some decent ref in the first half weíre most likely looking at 16-0 first time in history with a team barely warming up. Itís borderline unreal.

I sit there and I feel bad for other teams. Philly hangs tough thru the half feeling good (philly is gonna be ridic very soon), third quarter we just hit the gas and we gone. They just sitting there like wtf just happened. You could see, these warriors, this might be some sort of thing we ainít never seen before

No pay cuts. No banana boats. Just one sick *** run franchise. So long as we stay healthy and hungry, no reason we shouldnít run the table as constructed

Lebronís gonna have to team up with some major firepower next season in order to give us something to watch. Itís what he always does anyways, heís def the king of that trend. Last time he teamed up he didnít realize where golden state was gonna set the bar, but now he sees so now he can move accordingly. Itíll be fun to see where he goes, and if we can continue this little lebron vs gs thing we got going...

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I would find it interesting if KD and Lebron teamed up. At this point I wouldn't put it passed either of them. Might as well make a super villain team where Lebron and Durant basically say "yeah this is who we are so what" embrace the heel role full fledge
    That would be the sickest combo ever. Natural facilitator lebron wants nothing more than a natural scorer to pass too. Natural scorer KD want nothing more than a natural facilitator to get passes from.

No other fan base will ever experience this amount of luck and timing
    Saltyyy haha

Give credit where credit is due brotha

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Saltyyy haha

Give credit where credit is due brotha
    Untrue. Do you really think we'll ever get the confluence of events to such a degree? Lol it's simply that rare, you should be loving it instead of conjuring up emotions on behalf of other fans

Are golden state fans still thinking that they're in a rational mindset defending Durant's decision? Shocker.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 11-13-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Are golden state fans still thinking that they're in a rational mindset defending Durant's decision? Shocker.
    Most GS fans don't really care, and are able to compartmentalize a players skill + legacy with what team they play on. The irrational weirdos in the debate are the guys that you see in online threads like this (see: you), and they don't penetrate the over-arching dialogue concerning his career.

Untrue. Do you really think we'll ever get the confluence of events to such a degree? Lol it's simply that rare, you should be loving it instead of conjuring up emotions on behalf of other fans
    Correct. We will also very rarely see an organization + leadership (Owners/GM down to the captains) that is ran as well as Golden State. They were already the best team in the NBA based on the players + culture they developed, then they got lucky with a cap-spike (but guess what, it spiked for everyone) and widened the gap.

Enjoy the show.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast