Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavs issues

Cavs issues

Not a hate thread. If it becomes one I'll close it.

Saw that Tristan Thompson is out and may not be back until mid-December with a calf injury.
    IT is hoping to be back in January
    Shumpert is out for a week.

Wade, Rose, and Frye have already missed games.

Can LeBron play 37 minutes a game for the whole season? Is IT really going to turn it around for them?

From watching 4 games of theirs this season it looks like their biggest issue is defensive rotations and closing on shooters.

What can the Cavs do to fix the issues?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Lebron is obviously amazing, but beyond that? Too many sucky players.

Love is an all star caliber talent but on a team that minimizes his shot attempts, particularly in the paint, he isn't an all star caliber player. Take away his bread and butter and he's just another good rebounder/shooter rather than a legit all-star. His game doesn't compliment well enough.

Wade is old and washed up. JR Smith has reverted back to his old ways after a honeymoon period. Rose is a hollow stats guy. Crowder is just another guy, not any sort of building block player.

Reality is they just don't have very good players. Losing a top 20 player like Kyrie and having no replacement yet is serious. IT coming back will be huge because he's an all-star replacement and unlike Love, his game can coincide with Bron-ball at an all star level the way Kyrie's did.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

What can the Cavs do to help this year? The only asset they have anybody wants is that Nets pick.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I mean, the roster isn't nothing to rave about, even with IT. They have no defense, no system, LeBron is pretty much the system. J.R Smith looks like he should be warming up for BIG3. You can't play Rose/Wade together. Love is what he is, inefficient, streaky shooter. Basically take LeBron off this team and they're one of the worst teams in the NBA.

As LeBron ages, he needs a great defensive team and a system. Most of his teams have been falling apart whenever he sits down, you can't have that.

Bron-ball requires a bunch of spot up shooters. And usually to get those guys you sacrifice ability to create your own shot because guys that do that and are knock down shooters arenít easily attainable. So then when Bron is out you got a bunch of guys who canít create a shot. Thatís why his teams usually suck without him.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Bron-ball requires a bunch of spot up shooters. And usually to get those guys you sacrifice ability to create your own shot because guys that do that and are knock down shooters arenít easily attainable. So then when Bron is out you got a bunch of guys who canít create a shot. Thatís why his teams usually suck without him.
    Well said.

He also has been on star studded teams for the second half of his career. You've got 3-4 guys taking up all of the salary cap, which doesn't help when it comes to depth. Plus what you said earlier about Love is spot on and it was the same for Bosh.

So ... basically LeBron might be able to drag this team deep in the playoffs, but if he looks at the writing on the wall he's going to know there is no future that will have him contending in Cleveland. There just is not enough current talent and not enough future assets to move to make the team competitive.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    As bad as their defense has been, their offense has also been pretty bad.

They certainly need to D up better. They need better defensive rotations. Listening to Lue, it seems like his guys don't listen or don't remember their rotations. But I feel like that goes on the coach. The coach needs to set the defensive schemes and motivate players. I don't feel like he's doing either. If Pat Riley was coaching this team, they'd likely not have lost a game yet.

But the offense is stagnant too. Love's had a couple of bad games, and this team needs him playing like the T-Wolves Love. Smith has be laying bricks ever game. I feel like Jae thinks Boston is still signing his pay cheques. What happened to his 3-ball? Wade looks like a ghost of himself. This team is just not shooting the ball well. That is as big a deal as the D. And the D is a HUGE deal.

It seems like other than LBJ, the team isn't pulling their weight.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I just want to see what happens if the players get right and players get healthy.

IT-Rose
    Wade-JR
    Bron-Korver
    Love-Crowder
    Thompson-A broom

Their biggest weakness is the lack of a real center. That first unit is tailored for Bron, second for Rose.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I just want to see what happens if the players get right and players get healthy.

IT-Rose
    Wade-JR
    Bron-Korver
    Love-Crowder
    Thompson-A broom

Their biggest weakness is the lack of a real center. That first unit is tailored for Bron, second for Rose.
    I'm looking forward to see what A broom can do once he gets in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He's there to wipe up Bron's tears.

Maybe a mop would have been more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I'm looking forward to see what A broom can do once he gets in the lineup.
    He's there to wipe up Bron's tears.

Maybe a mop would have been more appropriate.

PROCESSING

Losing Kyrie obviously hurts. Also losing Thompson now to injury doesn't help either.

this is way to early.. this team just needs to get healthy and gain some chemistry ... Lebrons going to the finals and there's not much anyone can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    this is way to early.. this team just needs to get healthy and gain some chemistry ... Lebrons going to the finals and there's not much anyone can do about it.
    I've been a LOT more impressed with the Wiz and Raps this year than the Cavs, and the Celts are playing better by the week. More than any time in the last 7 years LeBron has more between him and the finals.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast