Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Looney is an unrestricted free agent. I do sort of wonder if they are not playing him to depress his value for next year. I'm sure the team will look for a veteran big to play for them too.

    Seth's an unrestricted free agent, but I don't know that he wants to play with his brother.
    I wouldn't be shocked if they did that with Looney but I'd be shocked if he returned. He's going to want a larger role and there will be teams out there where he can get that.

    Seth is an interesting one. I think they have a good relationship and Steph was likely a huge reason why the warriors signed him as an UDFA and put him in their dleague side. But he also likely wants to make his own way and not be Steph's little bro. I see them playing together again someday but I think it will be later down the road.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if they did that with Looney but I'd be shocked if he returned. He's going to want a larger role and there will be teams out there where he can get that.

    Seth is an interesting one. I think they have a good relationship and Steph was likely a huge reason why the warriors signed him as an UDFA and put him in their dleague side. But he also likely wants to make his own way and not be Steph's little bro. I see them playing together again someday but I think it will be later down the road.
    If they show Looney that Zaza, McGee, and West are leaving he'll have reason to believe he'll get more minutes.

    Bell, Looney, Jones as a center lineup is interesting, but need a vet to help them.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If they show Looney that Zaza, McGee, and West are leaving he'll have reason to believe he'll get more minutes.

    Bell, Looney, Jones as a center lineup is interesting, but need a vet to help them.
    Even if they do he still not a center and likely will never get consistent PT or role. He could and likely will want that more.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Even if they do he still not a center and likely will never get consistent PT or role. He could and likely will want that more.
    Looney's been getting minutes at center, just like Bell. The Warriors have 3 traditional centers under contract and none of them are getting more than 15 minutes a night. Looney could get that with the Warriors, I don't know that his body would withstand 30+ minutes a night.

    Regardless ... Bell is going to be the one getting the most bench big minutes. I would love the starting C to be one of the Lopez twins with Bell, Jones, and Looney getting the rest of the backup minutes at 4 and 5.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Looney's been getting minutes at center, just like Bell. The Warriors have 3 traditional centers under contract and none of them are getting more than 15 minutes a night. Looney could get that with the Warriors, I don't know that his body would withstand 30+ minutes a night.

    Regardless ... Bell is going to be the one getting the most bench big minutes. I would love the starting C to be one of the Lopez twins with Bell, Jones, and Looney getting the rest of the backup minutes at 4 and 5.
    My point is he may want a larger role than 15 minutes a night. The Warriors will rotate their bigs and Bell is looking like he's first choice and his role will only grow. Looney may want a chance at a larger role than that cause he won't get more than that here.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    My point is he may want a larger role than 15 minutes a night. The Warriors will rotate their bigs and Bell is looking like he's first choice and his role will only grow. Looney may want a chance at a larger role than that cause he won't get more than that here.
    I get it, I was saying that he may not be physically able to stay healthy at much more than 15 minutes a night.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I get it, I was saying that he may not be physically able to stay healthy at much more than 15 minutes a night.
    Fair enough... tho I think he can. I believe what you alluded to earlier to carry some truth to it. They've been overly cautious. And likely restricted him from playing even when he was fine to play.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Moritz Wagner, Jalen Brunson, Devonte’ Graham are all still in the tournament and all would be good additions to the Warriors.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    It would be great to get a center with the defensive mind and intensity of Bogut. Where can we get that for the MLE?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It would be great to get a center with the defensive mind and intensity of Bogut. Where can we get that for the MLE?
    Hmmm- we could call bogut

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Hmmm- we could call bogut
    I'd love to get Robin Lopez ... I wonder if the Warriors can get the Bulls to pay to take him away, because if he was a Warriors for 3 years for $18M total that would be okay, but I'm sure they don't want to pay him $14M in one season. Marc Gasol would be nice, but I'm pretty sure, even if he wanted to work for the vet minimum the Warriors can get him from the Griz.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Warriors need to add some quality depth next season. West, Javale and company can stay, but they need to bring ina proven vet center. Zaza is only good at one thing. And I think we can upgrade that position.

    I thought Damian Jones would be contributing at higher level by this point

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Warriors need to add some quality depth next season. West, Javale and company can stay, but they need to bring ina proven vet center. Zaza is only good at one thing. And I think we can upgrade that position.

    I thought Damian Jones would be contributing at higher level by this point
    West is likely to retire. JaVale is going to look for work elsewhere again. Zaza can do 3 things (screen, pass, make a FT), but he does need to go.

    Jones was incredibly raw when he was drafted then lost a year to injury. He's getting better, but they need to make room for him. He's incredibly athletic and he's aggressive, but he's still learning.

    Bell also needs more PT.

    I'd be delighted with Lopez, Jones, and Bell as the center rotation.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    West is likely to retire. JaVale is going to look for work elsewhere again. Zaza can do 3 things (screen, pass, make a FT), but he does need to go.

    Jones was incredibly raw when he was drafted then lost a year to injury. He's getting better, but they need to make room for him. He's incredibly athletic and he's aggressive, but he's still learning.

    Bell also needs more PT.

    I'd be delighted with Lopez, Jones, and Bell as the center rotation.
    Yea i think it was you who convinced me Jones would be good. If not you then someone in here but pretty sure it was you.

    Yea Zara can do those things and I’d take him off the bench as a bruiser only.

    Why do you think JaVale goes? I think he’s happy here and he’s no spring chicken.

    I like the Robin Lopez comment but what about Brooke?

    I think a guy like Nerlens Noel could do well here, but maybe not. I’d bring back Mo Speifhtd or even that young guy in Dallas, Dwight Powell.

    They should take a flier out on Seth Curry

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,718
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Yea i think it was you who convinced me Jones would be good. If not you then someone in here but pretty sure it was you.

    Yea Zara can do those things and I’d take him off the bench as a bruiser only.

    Why do you think JaVale goes? I think he’s happy here and he’s no spring chicken.

    I like the Robin Lopez comment but what about Brooke?

    I think a guy like Nerlens Noel could do well here, but maybe not. I’d bring back Mo Speifhtd or even that young guy in Dallas, Dwight Powell.

    They should take a flier out on Seth Curry
    JaVale wanted more money than he got from the Warriors last year, he was upset nobody else offered him more money. He's going to try again to get more money and more PT somewhere, and he can see that the Warriors like Bell more than him and he's said that Jones is more athletic than he is and both are better at covering the pick and roll and setting screens than he is.

    Brooke Lobez isn't near the defender Robin is, but he's a much better offensive player. I'd love if the Warriors could convince them both to come to play together.

    Noel would be perfect in some ways but he seems like a head case.

    Powell wouldn't be an option since he's one of the best players Dallas has.

    Quinn Cook has been playing better than Seth Curry, and he may not want to be on the team with his brother.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •