Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    JaVale wanted more money than he got from the Warriors last year, he was upset nobody else offered him more money. He's going to try again to get more money and more PT somewhere, and he can see that the Warriors like Bell more than him and he's said that Jones is more athletic than he is and both are better at covering the pick and roll and setting screens than he is.

    Brooke Lobez isn't near the defender Robin is, but he's a much better offensive player. I'd love if the Warriors could convince them both to come to play together.

    Noel would be perfect in some ways but he seems like a head case.

    Powell wouldn't be an option since he's one of the best players Dallas has.

    Quinn Cook has been playing better than Seth Curry, and he may not want to be on the team with his brother.
    For some reason I targeted a lot of Dallas guys in that post lol. Didnít design it that way. Noel could rejuvenate his career or even an Okafor. I think we could teach him how to play defense.

    Letís say Iggy retires after next year. Then we should really target a talented big a la Whiteside. Why not go after Dwight Howard? Heíd probably want to ply here to cement his supposed HOF expectations

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,734
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For some reason I targeted a lot of Dallas guys in that post lol. Didnít design it that way. Noel could rejuvenate his career or even an Okafor. I think we could teach him how to play defense.

    Letís say Iggy retires after next year. Then we should really target a talented big a la Whiteside. Why not go after Dwight Howard? Heíd probably want to ply here to cement his supposed HOF expectations
    Okafor, Whiteside, and Howard are all a hard no for me. Okafor doesn't have the lateral speed to switch on guards let alone the determination to guard in the post, Whiteside is an idiot and I want a smart defensive center, and Howard is Howard ... ugh.

    If Iguodala/Livingston retire I don't think the team can use the money for anyone else. Have to get under the cap to sign anything over the taxpayer MLE.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Saying Howard is Howard doesnít negate his production on the court. Heís an upgrade over any center the Warriors have had in well over 30 or 40 years. If he wants to sign here and we have the space to do so then I think the Warriors do it.

    Whitesideís weird but heís still a solid player. From a basketball standpoint can you argue against either of those guys being a huge updgrade at the position?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,734
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Saying Howard is Howard doesnít negate his production on the court. Heís an upgrade over any center the Warriors have had in well over 30 or 40 years. If he wants to sign here and we have the space to do so then I think the Warriors do it.

    Whitesideís weird but heís still a solid player. From a basketball standpoint can you argue against either of those guys being a huge updgrade at the position?
    Yes I can. Howard and Whiteside have both been problems on every team they've been on. They make bad decisions on and off the court. I'd rather have Bell/Jones get those minutes if those were my only choices. I can't deny those two have put up numbers but Howard dragged Orlando down and the teams he's left have generally been better without him. Whiteside has always been a head case who is owed $50M over the next two seasons on a contract he signed a little over a year ago and the team that signed him wants him gone and can't find a way for him to be on the floor late in games or at all in big games.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes I can. Howard and Whiteside have both been problems on every team they've been on. They make bad decisions on and off the court. I'd rather have Bell/Jones get those minutes if those were my only choices. I can't deny those two have put up numbers but Howard dragged Orlando down and the teams he's left have generally been better without him. Whiteside has always been a head case who is owed $50M over the next two seasons on a contract he signed a little over a year ago and the team that signed him wants him gone and can't find a way for him to be on the floor late in games or at all in big games.
    Howard was Charlottes best player this year and I donít think the Hawks have been better without him.

    I donít think anyone in this forum couldíve predicted what JaVale and Nick Young have been to this team. Though limited As players they have been better than advertised (from a mental standpoint). I think Howard would fit in here and if he helped win more championships he could get into the HOF. There is a lot of incentive for him to play ball and do it the Warrior way.

    and I have to disagree that he made Orlando worse. He was a perennial all defensive 1st team guy and he still averages a double double in his sleep. Heís an upgrade and we could get him for a bargain. (2 years 20 million)

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,734
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Howard was Charlottes best player this year and I donít think the Hawks have been better without him.

    I donít think anyone in this forum couldíve predicted what JaVale and Nick Young have been to this team. Though limited As players they have been better than advertised (from a mental standpoint). I think Howard would fit in here and if he helped win more championships he could get into the HOF. There is a lot of incentive for him to play ball and do it the Warrior way.

    and I have to disagree that he made Orlando worse. He was a perennial all defensive 1st team guy and he still averages a double double in his sleep. Heís an upgrade and we could get him for a bargain. (2 years 20 million)
    No thanks.

    I think JaVale and Nick Young have done predicted things. Both have great abilities and some issues and they have shown with the Warriors as well. JaVale still doesn't set good screens, can't defend a pick and roll, and makes bizarre mistakes. He's an incredible athlete who plays like an excited puppy. He's fun, but he hasn't really changed as a player in years. Nick Young is still a flake who can get incredibly hot from range, but always shoots like he's hot, and is an inconsistent effort defender.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No thanks.

    I think JaVale and Nick Young have done predicted things. Both have great abilities and some issues and they have shown with the Warriors as well. JaVale still doesn't set good screens, can't defend a pick and roll, and makes bizarre mistakes. He's an incredible athlete who plays like an excited puppy. He's fun, but he hasn't really changed as a player in years. Nick Young is still a flake who can get incredibly hot from range, but always shoots like he's hot, and is an inconsistent effort defender.
    I donít think Young has performed as a clown or flake as you say. What makes you say that?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,734
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I donít think Young has performed as a clown or flake as you say. What makes you say that?
    I didn't say "clown". I have no issue with him, I just don't think he's been different than expected. He jacks up shots without a pass on a regular basis on a team where everybody moves the ball. He gets lost on defense. And he's loose with the ball. When he's hot he can be spectacular, just like JaVale, but he's not consistent enough and doesn't play the complete game like the Warriors ideally want either.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •