Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I read The Mothman Prophecies recently and could believe most any of it to be true. Used to watch William Cooper lectures on YouTube with an old roommate.

The house I grew up in seemed to have some weird stuff going on it. Thought this even more so upon moving to another house and having basically none of the same issues.

Was having sleep paralysis really frequently there for a few years as an adult. It's a fully scientific explainable condition but it freaked me the **** out before I realized what was actually going on. They stopped after one last one once I knew what they were.
    **** sleep paralysis is one of the scariest things to ever happen to me. Tried talking and it felt like my chest was ripping from the strain of trying to talk. Couldn’t move but knew I was awake. Almost dream like but such a vivid feeling. Only ever had it once but was scared for weeks to sleep because I didn’t want to go through it again. Actually called my same sister in law the next day because I didn’t know what it was and she explained it to me which I then researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

My best friend's sister used to see lots of creepy **** when she was in elementary school.

• During one night she woke up with a white, shadowy hand over her face and felt pressure on her chest. She recited the Hail Mary/Our Father and it went away.
    • One night she was walking past the staircase that leads to the front door and she saw a shadowy figure walking down the stairs.
    • And early one morning on her way to school, about 7am or so, she was walking down the stairs and heard little kids play laughing in the living room.
    • Her uncle's bf sat down with her and did this specific prayer that helps with the paranormal and hasn't experienced anything since.
    • My ex-gf and her twin sister said she saw a girl brushing her hair at the foot of her bed when was younger.
    • My aunt's said she's seen her dead parents multiple times in the house she lives in which is the house she grew up in.

I think all these stories are really fascinating, but I've never seen or experienced anything personally though.

One of my ghost experiences was while watching "The Entity", one buddy B, was saying how his house was haunted and this is a true story, etc. Other buddy H kept saying how he doesn't believe, yada yada. So it escalates after a while and finally H says very definitively that there is "No such thing as ghosts". The screen instantly goes fuzzy with a giant hand print right in the middle of the screen, clear as day. We noped right the **** out of there and went to my place and to H's place to re-watch that portion of the movie looking for any type of abnormalities, never found any.

I think it would be cool if there was a Paranormal Hall of Fame. Here would be my list for the first inductees:

Charles Fort (who started it all)
    Benard Heuvelmans
    Ivan Sanderson
    Stanton Friedman (no Roswell story without him)
    Linda Moulton-Howe
    Art Bell
    Nick Redfern
    John Keel (was more than just the Mothman guy)
    J. Allen Hynek
    Roy Mackal
    Loren Coleman

I'm sure I'm leaving out many more that I will kick myself over.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 11-06-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    **** sleep paralysis is one of the scariest things to ever happen to me. Tried talking and it felt like my chest was ripping from the strain of trying to talk. Couldn’t move but knew I was awake. Almost dream like but such a vivid feeling. Only ever had it once but was scared for weeks to sleep because I didn’t want to go through it again. Actually called my same sister in law the next day because I didn’t know what it was and she explained it to me which I then researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had at least a few times where I was trying so hard to vocalize something during one of these experiences that my failed attempts at saying a single word pushed in to attempting to yell and then kinda ripped myself from within sleep paralysis mode back in to full woken up reality (unknowingly), screaming at the top of my lungs and waking up anyone with 25-50 feet of me.

Freaked some people out on an occasion or to (including myself).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I had a life on Mars: Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth

I had a life on Mars: Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth.

Boriska Kipriyanovich, 20, has confounded experts with his knowledge of space His parents claim that the wonderkid was able to speak months after he was born. He amazed his doctors by being able to read, write and draw by the age of two Boriska, from Volgograd, says he lived on a 'war-ravaged' Mars in a previous life

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xkqQIugf
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I had a life on Mars: Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth

I had a life on Mars: Russian, 20, claims he lived on the Red Planet before being reborn on Earth.

Boriska Kipriyanovich, 20, has confounded experts with his knowledge of space His parents claim that the wonderkid was able to speak months after he was born. He amazed his doctors by being able to read, write and draw by the age of two Boriska, from Volgograd, says he lived on a 'war-ravaged' Mars in a previous life

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xkqQIugf
    I also like the far out paranormal stories, although I just find them entertaining and don't take them seriously (like the Dulce NM alien-government underground base).

Sleep paralysis sort of has a place on a paranormal thread, since some experience hallucinations of frightening beings that are part of their waking dream. Without knowledge of SP, the person would think the image that they are seeing was real.

A video on Youtube shows a cruise ship in 2012 withstanding shockingly huge tidal waves while sailing through the Bermuda Triangle. This shows that waves in the BT can be even bigger and stronger than previously thought. The size of this particular ship is the only thing that saved it.

That may explain ships disappearing in the Triangle, but what about airplanes? Also, how would massive waves explain the disappearance of the USS Cyclops, a ship used for World War I operations that was even bigger than the cruise ship from the video?

UFO's are real. UFO doesn't have to be alien, it stands for Unidentified Flying Objects.

I like watching Ancient Aliens. I don't know whether to believe everything they show, but there have been certain things that are not easily explained that make you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I also like the far out paranormal stories, although I just find them entertaining and don't take them seriously (like the Dulce NM alien-government underground base).

Sleep paralysis sort of has a place on a paranormal thread, since some experience hallucinations of frightening beings that are part of their waking dream. Without knowledge of SP, the person would think the image that they are seeing was real.

A video on Youtube shows a cruise ship in 2012 withstanding shockingly huge tidal waves while sailing through the Bermuda Triangle. This shows that waves in the BT can be even bigger and stronger than previously thought. The size of this particular ship is the only thing that saved it.

That may explain ships disappearing in the Triangle, but what about airplanes? Also, how would massive waves explain the disappearance of the USS Cyclops, a ship used for World War I operations that was even bigger than the cruise ship from the video?
    Makes me think of reading up on vile vortices back in the day.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    UFO's are real. UFO doesn't have to be alien, it stands for Unidentified Flying Objects.
    Exactly. People often misuse the term "UFO". It doesn't automatically mean an alien spacecraft. A UFO could turn out to be a kite or something like that.

Vile vortices -- you got to like that phrase.

I think it would be cool if there was a Paranormal Hall of Fame. Here would be my list for the first inductees:

Charles Fort (who started it all)
    Benard Heuvelmans
    Ivan Sanderson
    Stanton Friedman (no Roswell story without him)
    Linda Moulton-Howe
    Art Bell
    Nick Redfern
    John Keel (was more than just the Mothman guy)
    J. Allen Hynek
    Roy Mackal
    Loren Coleman

I'm sure I'm leaving out many more that I will kick myself over.
    I love Loren Coleman. I used to read his blog daily.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I love Loren Coleman. I used to read his blog daily.
    What's funny about Coleman (mostly a cryptozoologist) is that he once said he doesn't care about UFOs, then he went on TV and talked about UFOs. It was sort of like when KISS recorded that disco song.

What's funny about Coleman (mostly a cryptozoologist) is that he once said he doesn't care about UFOs, then he went on TV and talked about UFOs. It was sort of like when KISS recorded that disco song.
    That is weird. Do you know when that happened? There has been a big push on the UFO/Bigfoot connection in the past few years. Especially from the Team Squatchin' USA group.

I actually just went to google this and the only footage I saw from 2012 of cruise ships in a storm in the triangle didn't have any huge tidal waves lol, the sea was choppy and all but when you say huge tidal waves, I imagined something out of the movies Deep Impact, or The Abyss.

Defending world champions. Dynasty in full swing. Keep it down haters. Keep it down.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I firmly believe in aliens, I think it's narrow minded to not think with how vast the universe is, that there are not other forms of life, sentient even.

Also, the Drake Equation.
    I find it rather comical that there are so many that say it's narrow minded to not believe in aliens, but the very same people think a divine creator is ridiculous. Not saying you're one of them, but I have atheist friends who absolutely believe in aliens, which makes little sense to me.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast