Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFanKid55 View Post
    Im interested to hear about some deals/ fa signings ya'll would like to see.

1.) Trade for Zach Britton - he could be a dominant lefty and setup man. two birds, one stone.
    2.) Make interesting trade or signing for a CF - Lorenzo Cain, Billy Hamilton, Mccutchen(LF).
    3.) Trade for Ian Kinsler - turn forsythe into a swiss army knife or trade him.
    4.) No Stanton - too much money, injury prone, lot of swing and miss with him and belly, etc.
    5.) Sign Lance Lynn
    No, too many injury concerns his elbow is about to explode and he will need TJS from what I've seen. Sign Mike Minor in FA he's cheaper and was dominate last season in KC.
    Wouldn't want McCutchen or Cain would like someone like Hamilton, Pillar, Yelich I want an elite defensive OF with + Speed
    Pass on Kinsler he's not a game changer at this point like he use to be. He was barely better then Logan last season but much worse as a defender last season. I would target a young guy with upside and keep Forsythe as a swiss army knife or stop gap.
    I agree pass on Stanton he's a big name but not what we need
    Lynn sucks and we would have to give up a draft pick to sign him no thanks. Target someone in trade don't dip into a weak FA market.

The Dodgers are in talks with the O's about Britton. Trade for Britton and sign both Morrow and Watson then the bullpen will be unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    The Dodgers are in talks with the O's about Britton. Trade for Britton and sign both Morrow and Watson then the bullpen will be unstoppable.
    Britton sucked last season and has major injury concerns the hype around him isn't warranted if he's not at 100 percent.

I don't want Morrow back unless its a incentive based deal because he has major injury concerns he was fire this season but I don't see him repeating it. Not to mention we are getting Yimi back this season I don't view RH setup man as highly of a need as others Yimi was solid before his injury.

I was more impressed with Cingrani then Watson post deadline. We are adding a lefty either Britton, Minor or possibly bringing Watson back we don't need to add 2 lefties though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    No, too many injury concerns his elbow is about to explode and he will need TJS from what I've seen. Sign Mike Minor in FA he's cheaper and was dominate last season in KC.
    Wouldn't want McCutchen or Cain would like someone like Hamilton, Pillar, Yelich I want an elite defensive OF with + Speed
    Pass on Kinsler he's not a game changer at this point like he use to be. He was barely better then Logan last season but much worse as a defender last season. I would target a young guy with upside and keep Forsythe as a swiss army knife or stop gap.
    I agree pass on Stanton he's a big name but not what we need
    Lynn sucks and we would have to give up a draft pick to sign him no thanks. Target someone in trade don't dip into a weak FA market.
    Ooo Mike minor, good call. You're take on Britton is exactly why I would at least kick the tires and see if we could get him for cheap considering the injury concern. But minor might be the better investment.

Kinsler could be a game changer. Don't just look at last years stats. How did Logan forsythes season go this year after he hit 20 bombs in 16' ? He needs a change of scenery and a chance to compete for a World Series. If you're looking for a someone to protect belly, Taylor and kinsler become interchangeable imo at leadoff and 5th hole.

And Lynn? He sucks? I understand the loss of draft pick and that could be a deal breaker but that sinker of his plays. Just trying to think of a rh pitcher to add not named arrieta or darvish

Britton sucked last season and has major injury concerns the hype around him isn't warranted if he's not at 100 percent.

I don't want Morrow back unless its a incentive based deal because he has major injury concerns he was fire this season but I don't see him repeating it. Not to mention we are getting Yimi back this season I don't view RH setup man as highly of a need as others Yimi was solid before his injury.

I was more impressed with Cingrani then Watson post deadline. We are adding a lefty either Britton, Minor or possibly bringing Watson back we don't need to add 2 lefties though.
    Minor has had really one good season and has sucked most of his career. Britton is a lefty that hits 99 on the gun. He had a down season but his ERA was at 2.89 and a ridiculous 0.54 in 2016. I can see why the FO is talking to Baltimore. Cingrani and Watson are also two lefties that hit 97-98 on the gun that can get righties out also. Who honestly gives a **** about Yimi? All of these guys are better than Yimi Garcia.

Minor has had really one good season and has sucked most of his career. Britton is a lefty that hits 99 on the gun. He had a down season but his ERA was at 2.89 and a ridiculous 0.54 in 2016. I can see why the FO is talking to Baltimore. Cingrani and Watson are also two lefties that hit 97-98 on the gun that can get righties out also. Who honestly gives a **** about Yimi? All of these guys are better than Yimi Garcia.
    You want Morrow back who had one good season but don't want Minor who is younger and did it for a full season not a half season. Makes no sense to me. Also Britton doesn't throw 99 any more it's why he struggled last season his arm is falling apart. This is gonna be 2018 not 2016 where Britton was unreal. Also Minor sucked as a starter as a reliever he was electric for Royals last year his career path is trending similar to Andrew Miller crap starter who excels out of the pen. As for Yimi he's better then Baez and Fields.

You want Morrow back who had one good season but don't want Minor who is younger and did it for a full season not a half season. Makes no sense to me. Also Britton doesn't throw 99 any more it's why he struggled last season his arm is falling apart. This is gonna be 2018 not 2016 where Britton was unreal. Also Minor sucked as a starter as a reliever he was electric for Royals last year his career path is trending similar to Andrew Miller crap starter who excels out of the pen. As for Yimi he's better then Baez and Fields.
    Morrow throws 100 while Minor averages 94. Roberts overused the pen in the postseason but you want guys coming out who can throw 96-100 with strikeout stuff. Britton was still averaging over 96 with his sinker while dealing with elbow issues. Saying Yimi is better than Baez and Fields isn't saying much except they both have a better arm with more talent than Yimi.

NO MORE PEDRO PLEASE. Sick and tired of seeing his fat *** blow every game that is close. Never mind the 3 min delivery to the plate.

Morrow throws 100 while Minor averages 94. Roberts overused the pen in the postseason but you want guys coming out who can throw 96-100 with strikeout stuff. Britton was still averaging over 96 with his sinker while dealing with elbow issues. Saying Yimi is better than Baez and Fields isn't saying much except they both have a better arm with more talent than Yimi.
    Morrow is also 33 and has never had a season like last season and has a huge list of injuries throughout his career. Minor had TJS but otherwise has been healthy and was dominant last year I don't care if he throws 94 or 102 he got the job done last season. I was also saying we should get Minor instead of Britton or Watson for another lefty out of the pen. Minor just had his elbow repaired and had a great season where Britton has major concerns health wise and is a ticking time bomb. So why should we trade top prospects for a ticking time bomb when we can sign Minor who is healthier and coming off a better season for free?

Morrow is also 33 and has never had a season like last season and has a huge list of injuries throughout his career. Minor had TJS but otherwise has been healthy and was dominant last year I don't care if he throws 94 or 102 he got the job done last season. I was also saying we should get Minor instead of Britton or Watson for another lefty out of the pen. Minor just had his elbow repaired and had a great season where Britton has major concerns health wise and is a ticking time bomb. So why should we trade top prospects for a ticking time bomb when we can sign Minor who is healthier and coming off a better season for free?
    Why is the FO in talks with the O's then? Every pitcher you've mentioned is like a big contradiction. How healthy has Yimi and his elbow been?

Why is the FO in talks with the O's then? Every pitcher you've mentioned is like a big contradiction. How healthy has Yimi and his elbow been?
    It's not a contradiction Minor got his elbow fixed, Yimi got his elbow fixed, everyone source has sad Brittons elbow is shot which is why they had trouble trading him at the deadline. The package they had a deal for fell through cause the owner wanted more. And teams talk every offseason doesn't mean a deal is likely to happen. You look at names not production I look at production and durability. Britton is coming off a down year with major injury concerns why would we want that?

I still remember when we were in talks for Archer, Dozier, Wade Davis, this time of the year you don't know own what's true. I do know the Dodgers usually end up with what people don't expect not what is reported. Last season Rich Hill was gonna be a yankee, kenley a national and both ended up back in LA. So since interest in Britton has been reported I'll safely assume we won't be wasting assets trading for damaged goods. And if we do trade for Britton he will be toast by the playoffs with the way Roberts uses the pen he would be a terrible trade target in every way imaginable.

The FO is eventually going to be in talks with everyone during the winter meetings and I would not be surprised if we pulled off a creative move to get bullpen arms. Wether that be an impactful setup man or a few pieces here and there is yet to be seen obviously. But I do think Britton should be in play here, right?

Yimi is good, when healthy. He doesn't possess over powering heat, but he did show great movement and command. Poor mans Sergio room hahaha. You're right though I think. How can we confidently say at this point that Yimi Garcia is reliable? He could come back and make an impact no doubt, but I like the thought process of going after Minor, Britton, morrow, or some random misfit that will hopefully end up making the FO look like geniuses hahaha. Pitching needs to be addressed all around

With Guys like Libertore in the minors, it could be argued that they don't really need to add another lefty.

If they're going to trade for another teams closer, I would prefer Raisel Iglesias of the reds, he's 28 and has 4 years left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    With Guys like Libertore in the minors, it could be argued that they don't really need to add another lefty.

If they're going to trade for another teams closer, I would prefer Raisel Iglesias of the reds, he's 28 and has 4 years left on his contract.
    It doesn't matter if it's another lefty if they're hitting high 90's on the gun. With that velocity they can also face righties. They're also officially in the mix for Stanton now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-marlins-star

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFanKid55 View Post
    Im interested to hear about some deals/ fa signings ya'll would like to see.

1.) Trade for Zach Britton - he could be a dominant lefty and setup man. two birds, one stone.
    2.) Make interesting trade or signing for a CF - Lorenzo Cain, Billy Hamilton, Mccutchen(LF).
    3.) Trade for Ian Kinsler - turn forsythe into a swiss army knife or trade him.
    4.) No Stanton - too much money, injury prone, lot of swing and miss with him and belly, etc.
    5.) Sign Lance Lynn
    Kinsler seems like Utley 2.0 just with a little more power. I guess if he wasn't too expensive sure.
    I agree about Stanton.
    I'd love Britton. We've seen how most playoff games come down to a good bullpen. I'd say if we don't keep Morrow Britton is even more important. Figure you only get one.
    Lance Lynn would cost a draft pick right? Honestly though I could see a guy like him being a really good #3. Just hate to see him get more than a couple years but I expect it would take a 3-4 year deal easily.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast