Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I don't think he's quite Pierre/Gordon level slap single hitter, but he isn't a power threat either, I think he can be a legit 10-15 homer a year guy, but he should definitely stick to the line drives, and stay away from the launch angle ****.
    He was doing that launch angle **** though was hitting 271 when he went down when he has the contact skills to hit at least 290. Which is what we need someone who can get on base instead of trying to hit a homer every single at bat.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    I see Toles named mentioned a lot. A lot of people are always assuming he's going to be a starter but does anybody else think that maybe the league just hasn't seen enough of him yet?

I mean, here is a guy that was working at a grocery store right? Out of baseball. He got the opportunity & has cashed in during a limited time. I just think that there is a reason he got released. Because people didn't think he had what it took to be a full time major league player. Now, people are wrong a lot. Look at Justin Turner. But I just think it's a small % of players that do a completely 180 like Turner did.

I hope to hell Toles continues to do well I just am not putting a lot of weight into it. What are the odds that the Dodgers get Turner, Taylor & Toles on their 25 man roster and all 3 turn into solid players?
    I don't think Toles is an everyday player.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I don't think Toles is an everyday player.
    I'd like to see him get the At bats, but IDK how he'll do against LHP in a larger sample, he might not be an everyday starter.

Toles was a good story. I wish him well on his recovery!

Will grandad be expendable since Barnes is coming along nicely and kyle farmer may be a siutable back up. Throw a n will smith if need be behind the plate, bye he is notes adorned yet. With that said, what teams need a catcher that has sp we could use? Is Cobb a legit answer or do we try to sign darvish? I hope we can keep morrow and Watson. Not sure how the young stud from Japan could fit in, but that would be something I am sure we could figure out if need be. Stanton anyone? But at what price to the rest of the team would be the question. No doubt he is a stud, and would look good in a dodger uniform. Not sure they would take puig in any trade though. These are just somethings that have popped into my mind. Love to hear some comments or thoughts. I am getting bored as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Will grandad be expendable since Barnes is coming along nicely and kyle farmer may be a siutable back up. Throw a n will smith if need be behind the plate, bye he is notes adorned yet. With that said, what teams need a catcher that has sp we could use? Is Cobb a legit answer or do we try to sign darvish? I hope we can keep morrow and Watson. Not sure how the young stud from Japan could fit in, but that would be something I am sure we could figure out if need be. Stanton anyone? But at what price to the rest of the team would be the question. No doubt he is a stud, and would look good in a dodger uniform. Not sure they would take puig in any trade though. These are just somethings that have popped into my mind. Love to hear some comments or thoughts. I am getting bored as hell.
    They might try to resign Darvish and like most teams they'll make a play for Otani, if he comes out (we'll see if our union lets it happen).
    I've already heard some early speculation that the dodgers are considering trading Grandal. As bad as catching is around the league, there aren't a lot of competitors that need catchers unfortunately, teams that need one include the Rox, DBacks and Nats (and I don't see the dodgers trying to help a rival out) maybe they try to pair him with someone like McCarthy to dumb the salaries, and make space on the roster.

I don't know why any of the geniuses at the press conference didn't ask if the FO have any interest in bringing Stanton back home to LA. It has to be obvious that he wants to come back home. I wonder if he would block a trade to another team if LA has any kind of interest?

I don't know why any of the geniuses at the press conference didn't ask if the FO have any interest in bringing Stanton back home to LA. It has to be obvious that he wants to come back home. I wonder if he would block a trade to another team if LA has any kind of interest?
    He could pull an Eli or Bryant. Tell the Marlins they he wont' accept any trade other than to the Dodgers. That way Marlins will have to take back our trash but I think Puig plus mid level prospects will get it done. Now might be the best time to trade Puig since his stock is at it's highest.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    He could pull an Eli or Bryant. Tell the Marlins they he wont' accept any trade other than to the Dodgers. That way Marlins will have to take back our trash but I think Puig plus mid level prospects will get it done. Now might be the best time to trade Puig since his stock is at it's highest.
    It could be, and I'm always a fan of selling high. That said, I doubt they want him because he only has 2 years left, maybe a 3 team trade. But still that add's like 20 million to the books and takes us out of next years big market more or less.

I would pass on Stanton, major injury concerns having only played 150+ games twice in his career. Hes on what has to be the worst contract in all of baseball. Sure the homers are exciting but he likely just finished what is going to be his best season. So I ask why do people want him when guys like Bryce Harper and Manny Machado are FAs next off-season? Or when we might have to extend Otani if we get him in a couple years.

Hes an exciting player but his contract is horrendous and he has injury concerns. I really don't see how he's a fit in LA other then people clamoring for the "hometown hero" which would only add extra pressure to Giancarlo. Also OF is the last thing we need. Taylor Puig Pederson Verdugo Toles Bellinger (If team plays him in the OF so Gonzalez can play in his final year under contract). Kendall and Diaz are 2 of our top prospects who play in the OF. Stanton shouldn't even be a priority for this team we need P and potentially a 2B before we focus on getting an overpaid injury prone OF who just had the best season he's ever gonna have.

Verdugo is nothing special and Toles is not as good as people think.

Verdugo is nothing special and Toles is not as good as people think.
    Verdugo has one weakness in his game which is lack of power. He has a great arm solid defender decent enough speed and has a great hit tool. Verdugo also had more walks then strikeouts last season in Trip A and that's impressive at any level. Verdugo will never be a star because he lacks power and doesn't have top tier speed but that doesn't mean hes not a special player.

As for Toles his best role is a PH and replacement defender. He excelled as a PH in 16 and it should be how hes used next season. He was 8 for 21 hitting 368 as a PH. So he should not be a starter but he still should have a role with the team if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Verdugo has one weakness in his game which is lack of power. He has a great arm solid defender decent enough speed and has a great hit tool. Verdugo also had more walks then strikeouts last season in Trip A and that's impressive at any level. Verdugo will never be a star because he lacks power and doesn't have top tier speed but that doesn't mean hes not a special player.

As for Toles his best role is a PH and replacement defender. He excelled as a PH in 16 and it should be how hes used next season. He was 8 for 21 hitting 368 as a PH. So he should not be a starter but he still should have a role with the team if healthy.
    I think Verugo's best value would be a trade for a RH power bat. This team had no one who could hit in the 5-hole to protect Bellinger.

I think Verugo's best value would be a trade for a RH power bat. This team had no one who could hit in the 5-hole to protect Bellinger.
    That is where Chris Taylor should be hitting he has a run producing bat that's wasted in the lead off spot. I would prefer the team get someone like Billy Hamilton so we can use Taylor in the middle of the order rather then the lead off spot. I'm fine with adding a RH power hitter depending on the price but Stanton is not the answer his contract situation horrendous and he has injury concerns. I think Verdugo could play an important role on the team but I am not opposed to dealing him in the right deal preferably for a SP like Marcus Stroman or Michael Fulmer.

Im interested to hear about some deals/ fa signings ya'll would like to see.

1.) Trade for Zach Britton - he could be a dominant lefty and setup man. two birds, one stone.
    2.) Make interesting trade or signing for a CF - Lorenzo Cain, Billy Hamilton, Mccutchen(LF).
    3.) Trade for Ian Kinsler - turn forsythe into a swiss army knife or trade him.
    4.) No Stanton - too much money, injury prone, lot of swing and miss with him and belly, etc.
    5.) Sign Lance Lynn

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast