Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Official Dodgers Off-Season Thread

Well its that time again...

What should the Dodgers do this off-season?
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Go for it, lick out wounds, never forget that sting of losing Game 7 @ home in the WS.

Our payroll will be $193M after resigning arbitration players and picking up Forsythe's $9M team option, and voiding Ethier's deal. https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml

To stay under the $197M cap will likely not do much without unloading payroll. We could try and trade Grandall or Gonzalez but that wont free up much.

Free agents (6)
    Yu Darvish - I would consider it he sucked in WS but was great in NLDS and NLCS. But seeing as Astros could keep coming from the AL if we make it out of the NL I likely wouldn't want him back.
    Curtis Granderson - Pass
    Franklin Gutierrez - Pass
    Brandon Morrow - I think he will price himself out of our price range hes good but someone will offer him the closers job and more then we are willing to pay
    Chase Utley - Pass Chase is done time for him to hang em up
    Tony Watson - Pass we have Avilan and Cingrani don't really need him back

Options (2)
    Andre Ethier - Good bye Ethier you were my fave player in the mid 2000s and wish you luck
    Logan Forsythe - Pick up his option look at options to trade him we have cheaper better options at 2B imo.

Arb Eligible with Projected Salaries

Yasmani Grandal - $7,700,000 - Trade him, Barnes is better at everything but power hitting. Farmer is ready to be Barnes backup and Grandal should have value with a weak FA C market.
    Alex Wood - $6,400,000 - No Brainer Keep him in Town
    Luis Avilan - $2,300,000 - Keep him around solid Lefty Reliever out of them pen can get righties some times as well
    Tony Cingrani - $2,200,000 - Awesome Loogy to have keep him around he was solid for us
    Josh Fields - $2,200,000 - I wouldn't mind keeping him he gets Strikeouts and wasn't terrible to start the season solid for a mop-up guy for an inning or two.
    Joc Pederson - $2,000,000 - Loved his performance in the WS he was only guy hitting but I would look into trading him if right deal comes along.
    Pedro Baez - $1,500,000 - Pass on Pedro he sucks. Do not want him back.
    Kiké Hernandez - $1,300,000 - Yes keep him he can play 1B,2B,SS,3B,LF,CF,RF and mashes lefties.
    Yimi Garcia - $700,000 - Yeah give him a chance to come back he was solid a couple years back before the injuries hit.

Everyone else is either under contract or under team control so these are the main guys I wanted to take a look at.
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

They need both Cingrani and Watson. You don't let a lefty that hits 97 walk. Avilan should be the odd man out.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 11-02-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Go for it, lick out wounds, never forget that sting of losing Game 7 @ home in the WS.
    IMO, we lost the series in Games 2 and 5. There shouldn't have been a Game 7 in the first place.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

They need to trade for Dodger fan Stanton.

Will we get a draft pick from Darvish?

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    They need to trade for Dodger fan Stanton.
    I disagree we need a more consistent contact hitter not another homer or nothing guy. We need a guy who when the bases are loaded doesn't strikeout trying to hit a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    Will we get a draft pick from Darvish?
    No because we got him midseason we can't give him a Qualifying Offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    I think they should def bring back Logan.

Brandon Morrow I agree could price him out of what the FO wants to pay. I could see him looking for a 3 year deal. I'd be against it. I think it's only a matter of time until he has more arm issues.

But, can we offer him a qualifying offer? I know 18m range is what the QO go for & that's a lot to pay him but...if we can get him for an important playoff run year like 2018 will be I think it's worth it. Pay him a lot for 2018 and help bridge the gap for other young Dodger arms. Maybe Buehler will be ready for the rotation at one point in 2018 but if not I'd think he should at least be an arm they could use in the pen. Granted they probably don't want to have him go back and forth but come October it could be a huge benefit.
    I'd keep him in bullpen like we did with Pedro Martinez in 1993. There's really no need to rush him for a rotation spot yet. But they also don't need to baby him like that have done with Urias either.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Brandon Morrow I agree could price him out of what the FO wants to pay. I could see him looking for a 3 year deal. I'd be against it. I think it's only a matter of time until he has more arm issues.

But, can we offer him a qualifying offer? I know 18m range is what the QO go for & that's a lot to pay him but...if we can get him for an important playoff run year like 2018 will be I think it's worth it. Pay him a lot for 2018 and help bridge the gap for other young Dodger arms. Maybe Buehler will be ready for the rotation at one point in 2018 but if not I'd think he should at least be an arm they could use in the pen. Granted they probably don't want to have him go back and forth but come October it could be a huge benefit.

What is the point in getting Stanton?

Dodgers were literally probably a few plays away from winning the World Series. If Jansen doesn't blow game 2 we might have won it in 6 games. I just don't see how a guy like Stanton is going to change enough to be willing to take on that salary.

I'd rather use that money we'd be paying him & go out and get a couple good bullpen arms or prepare to pay Kershaw when he opts out in 2018.

I would be pretty displeased if we give Morrow a QO 18 M for one year of what to this point is a one year wonder at the age of 33. I would match rather move Maeda full time to the set up role he was fire in the playoffs and his stuff plays better out of the pen when he lets loose instead of trying to conserve his energy as a starter.

As for Buehler he should open the season in the rotation he was lights out in the minors last year and can be a real difference maker.

We could see 3 ROY in a row in LA Seager Bellinger and Buehler. We have questions in the rotation we have Kersh, Wood, Hill locked in need 2 righties imo for the 4th and 5th spots one should be Walker switching him from SP to RP to SP to RP is a bad idea it kills peoples arms ask Joba Chamberlin or Brandon Morrow (Was used as a SP and RP and it caused him major problems before this season health wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    I would be pretty displeased if we give Morrow a QO 18 M for one year of what to this point is a one year wonder at the age of 33. I would match rather move Maeda full time to the set up role he was fire in the playoffs and his stuff plays better out of the pen when he lets loose instead of trying to conserve his energy as a starter.

As for Buehler he should open the season in the rotation he was lights out in the minors last year and can be a real difference maker.

We could see 3 ROY in a row in LA Seager Bellinger and Buehler. We have questions in the rotation we have Kersh, Wood, Hill locked in need 2 righties imo for the 4th and 5th spots one should be Walker switching him from SP to RP to SP to RP is a bad idea it kills peoples arms ask Joba Chamberlin or Brandon Morrow (Was used as a SP and RP and it caused him major problems before this season health wise).
    Maeda in that role would be great but I bet his contract prohibits it. I think a lot of his earnings are based off reaching innings. I.e. 100 innings. 125 ip, 150 etc.

I get what you're saying with 18m to Morrow. I just think it might be worth it considering we need an arm like that next post season. Plus, if he does decline which he might do for a multi year deal. We get a draft pick.

I remember when Brett Anderson got that QO offer back in I think 2015? I knew he wasn't worth that much but a guy like him could eat innings & help get the team through a 162 game season while still winning some games. That kept the Dodgers from probably going out and signing a guy for 3 years that would cost even more.

Maeda in that role would be great but I bet his contract prohibits it. I think a lot of his earnings are based off reaching innings. I.e. 100 innings. 125 ip, 150 etc.

I get what you're saying with 18m to Morrow. I just think it might be worth it considering we need an arm like that next post season. Plus, if he does decline which he might do for a multi year deal. We get a draft pick.

I remember when Brett Anderson got that QO offer back in I think 2015? I knew he wasn't worth that much but a guy like him could eat innings & help get the team through a 162 game season while still winning some games. That kept the Dodgers from probably going out and signing a guy for 3 years that would cost even more.
    His contract doesn't prohibit him from being used out of the pen it would be a dick move by the team to do that because of the incentives. But that's the best role for him because he ups his stuff when it's only 1 to 2 innings of work instead of trying to maintain stamina. Hopefully they can convince him to renegotiate his contract if they want him to be a reliever full time next season. It would be the best move for the team and his career. He's a middle of the road starter but coming out of the pen he was elite.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast