Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Don't get me wrong, Giancarlo Stanton is an amazing player obviously, but I just don't really want to gut the farm for Stanton when power hitting isn't even needed tbh.. Besides, he's got a humongous contract that doesn't even end till he's 39 (he's not gonna opt out in 2020 or whenever it is, no way in hell). I'd prefer the dodgers focus on getting otani or Jake arrieta somewhow

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydubb; 11-18-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Really? How many of these pitchers will throw over 190 innings?
    Kershaw at least, and I don't care about the innings as much as I do about Games started, as long as they can make 30 starts the innings will be there more or less.
    I'm sure Boras put the word out there that the Giants are his second choice to see if the Dodgers become aggressive. They wouldn't want to be facing Stanton that many times in the NL West; and it could come down to Walters, Kasden, and Magic wanting to bring the MVP home. They may also perceive him to be the missing piece and they can afford him at all costs. If Stanton really wants to be a Dodger, I'm sure there's some kind of back-channel communication going on.
    I'm not sure what Boras has to gain having Stanton go to L.A. instead of S.F. I doubt he cares, it'd be more likely that the Marlins did that than Boras.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Kershaw at least, and I don't care about the innings as much as I do about Games started, as long as they can make 30 starts the innings will be there more or less.

I'm not sure what Boras has to gain having Stanton go to L.A. instead of S.F. I doubt he cares, it'd be more likely that the Marlins did that than Boras.
    What Boras has to gain? It's about Stanton. What don't you get? Put the word out there that Giants are his second choice behind LA to see if it gets them motivated. Stanton probably has no desire to go to the Giants. You pick some stupid things to argue over.

What Boras has to gain? It's about Stanton. What don't you get? Put the word out there that Giants are his second choice behind LA to see if it gets them motivated. Stanton probably has no desire to go to the Giants. You pick some stupid things to argue over.
    I just wanted more clarification. But even so, I don't see why Boras would put that info out doe Stanton, since Boras has nothing to gain, it would be easier for stanton to tell some journalists he trusts that "S.F. has put an offer in for me, but don't name me as the source"
    I just don't see Boras is involved in any of this. I can see why the Marlins would do it, or even Stanton, but Boras NOTHING to gain by his client going to Boston or S.F. or L.A. or anywhere.

How long have I been saying this about ciabatta, DD?

Look Ciabatta, Scott Boras is a super agent with his hands in a million different baskets. How can you presume to know what motives he has for anything?

The agent works for the player. So, yes, his job is to do things that are in the playerís best interests. If Stanton wants to come to LA, why wouldnít Boras pull whatever tricks up his sleeve to do right by his player?

You think he just negitiates the playerís contract and then goes hands off? Thatís not how the player/agent dynamic works.

By the way, still waiting for your mea culpa. As soon as you pay up, Iím sure it will help people go back to less contentious discourse.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; Yesterday at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    How long have I been saying this about ciabatta, DD?

Look Ciabatta, Scott Boras is a super agent with his hands in a million different baskets. How can you presume to know what motives he has for anything?

The agent works for the player. So, yes, his job is to do things that are in the playerís best interests. If Stanton wants to come to LA, why wouldnít Boras pull whatever tricks up his sleeve to do right by his player?

You think he just negitiates the playerís contract and then goes hands off? Thatís not how the player/agent dynamic works.

By the way, still waiting for your mea culpa. As soon as you pay up, Iím sure it will help people go back to less contentious discourse.
    Oh yeah, i forgot about that thread, work and the playoffs distracted me, I'll have some free time over the coming holiday break.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I just wanted more clarification. But even so, I don't see why Boras would put that info out doe Stanton, since Boras has nothing to gain, it would be easier for stanton to tell some journalists he trusts that "S.F. has put an offer in for me, but don't name me as the source"
    I just don't see Boras is involved in any of this. I can see why the Marlins would do it, or even Stanton, but Boras NOTHING to gain by his client going to Boston or S.F. or L.A. or anywhere.
    I just don't think we're on the same page. I want to go home to LA as my first choice so start a rumor saying the Giants are my second choice. Stanton hasn't actually said that about SF it's just a rumor at this point. People assume he would go because it's in CA. If I were LA and hearing the NL MVP wants to play for his favorite team growing up and the Giants are his second choice I would be figuring out a way to make a deal.

Boras doesn't rep Stanton, Joel Wolfe does, Boras interest is getting a max deal for J.D. Martinez with Boston or SF as possible landing spots, so Stanton to SF or Boston is against his interest.

Boras could be putting out all the Stanton rumors to make it better for Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Boras doesn't rep Stanton, Joel Wolfe does, Boras interest is getting a max deal for J.D. Martinez with Boston or SF as possible landing spots, so Stanton to SF or Boston is against his interest.

Boras could be putting out all the Stanton rumors to make it better for Martinez.
    My bad. I thought Boras was his agent, but my point to ciaban was somoeone can just be throwing out these destinations on Stanton's side to see if it kicks LA in gear if they want him. We were talking about two different things.

I would love to see Martinez roaming the OF at AT&T. He would win a lot of games with the bat, but they're be plenty of balls getting hit in the gap for a lot of rallies to come.

My bad. I thought Boras was his agent, but my point to ciaban was somoeone can just be throwing out these destinations on Stanton's side to see if it kicks LA in gear if they want him. We were talking about two different things.
    Yes, I get your point Boras came out against Miami doing it at or before the GM meetings and its all unsubstantiated rumors trying to get someone to pay more which benefits the players. I think Boras doesn't want Stanton going "cheap" (cheaper than the 30+ ask on JD) to someone that would pay for JD and would leak any what he heard even if he makes it up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456