Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Par for the course.
    de feet

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think you reach a point where defeat is no longer agonizing.
    Some kept *****ing about the losses deep into the season. And losing games never feel good even in a lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think you reach a point where defeat is no longer agonizing.
    So true! Best not to get emotionally involved in anything beyond your control. Enjoy the game for the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Still way better than losing 98 games, but OK.
    I'd rather my team be playing in the WS than looking up at the Padres by mid May for sure. But hey, maybe that's just me...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I'd rather my team be playing in the WS than looking up at the Padres by mid May for sure. But hey, maybe that's just me...
    sure but 98 losses is tolerable when you have multiple world series over the past decade plus where you were never the best team or the highest payroll etc etc etc... If the Dodgers won a world series with their payroll and insane talent over the last few years getting to the world series and losing wouldnt be as big of a deal.... They havent... They will yet again next year enter as one of the favorite with damn near twice or 3 times the payroll as most teams with a ton of talent only to likely fall short yet again. The recent history/context etc does matter. Getting there means **** for certain teams... Its the world of sports and its just... If the dodgers were rocking a super young inexperienced team with low payroll where expectations were say a 500 team getting to the world series would be a blessing. When you have that rotation/arguable one of the goat pitchers/that lineup/that payroll and were on pace for like 130 wins at one point making the world series and losing is a brutal ****ing letdown.

Dodgers choked as a whole, not much more needs to be said. Their coaching was crap, Kershaw was meh, Jenson was pedestrian, and Yu was Yugly.

Sure would have been nice to do it a series sooner.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789