Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Man, it's been a week and there's enough excuses here to suggest the Dodgers didn't actually lose that Series at all. Maybe a call to NY and the replay crew is in order, and see if they can get Houston's win overturned.
    Where did you get that from, who's suggesting they didn't lose, people are disagreeing with the idea that one person is solely responsible, could Roberts have done a better job with the Pen sure, but if the guys do they're job it doesn't matter, could the top HALF of the line up have hit better sure, could Jansen have pitched better in some of the close games, or the bull pen not imploded multiple times in the series sure, could Kershaw have pitched better in game 5 sure, could Darvish have pitched better in games 3 & 7 sure. But no one is deafening that Houston won, and good for them, they did it in spite of their bull pen being terrible.

But if there is one theme from all that, it's the DODGERS as a team lost, not one player or one pitcher, or one guy buy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    ^^^^

Kershaw’s chance to shut up the critics. And failed again. Ciabatta bread will never admit it. But it is so true.
    I would have preferred if he had pitched well in game 5 even if they still ended up losing. There is never going to be a point where his detractors are happy with his performance.
    Because even if he's lights out in 6 starts next post season people will point to his career post season ERA and say he still can't pitch in the post season.
    We both know it true.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    A lot of things went into losing but the biggest reason that stands out to anyone with no dog in the fight is the goat pitcher of our era in a game 5 swing game with two home games to close out with.

Coughing up two big leads was the defining moment. As a pitcher of his quality. That game should have been over.

Deep down, you know it to be true.
    How could Kershaw one bad post season start stand out more than Yu Darvish's TWO bad post season starts? Basically to argue that Kershaw was singularly responsible or even the most responsible, we have to say that game 5 was worth more than TWO OTHER GAMES COMBINED, and that game 5 was more important than a deciding game 7.
    The reason game 5 stands out the most to some is because they want to push a narrative more than being honest.

Deep down you have to know that ****ing up in 2 games is worse than ****ing up in one. (a game in which no one pitched well.)
    Last edited by ciaban; 11-06-2017 at 02:09 PM.

I hope someone has a lifeboat because I'm drowning in excuses over here.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I hope someone has a lifeboat because I'm drowning in excuses over here.
    Its simple, Kershaw is the greatest pitcher in the history of the game, I am sure if you look at every post season loss you see lucky swings, missed locations, bullpen mistakes, and bad calls, if you eliminate those events he is also the greatest post season pitcher ever, its called pitch normalization where we return the post season to the expected norm and award him for what should have been. No one understand why a GOAT should be evaluated differently or scrutinized.

Of course every pitcher before him failed on the merits.

Boat provided, climb aboard, the minnow awaits.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
    A tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port
    Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
    The skipper brave and sure.
    Five passengers set sail that day
    For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
    The tiny ship was tossed,
    If not for the courage of the fearless crew
    The Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
    With Gilligan
    The Skipper too,
    A millionaire and his wife,
    A movie star
    The professor and Mary Ann,
    Here on Gilligan's Isle.

Why thank you, kind sir

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Astros
    boom...thread close
    ....coooookie

Been a week since the last post in here, just wanted to remind everyone that the astros won. By that I mean the dodgers didn't win.

Still way better than losing 98 games, but OK.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 11-13-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Still way better than losing 98 games, but OK.
    By May we were out of it, the only thing left to root for was any thing not dodgers; we had a horrible season but we didn't feel the agony of defeat, we did enjoy the Astros thrill of victory.

Be happy you made it to the WS, most of your team is coming back. You don't have a lot of off season needs.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    By May we were out of it, the only thing left to root for was any thing not dodgers; we had a horrible season but we didn't feel the agony of defeat, we did enjoy the Astros thrill of victory.

Be happy you made it to the WS, most of your team is coming back. You don't have a lot of off season needs.
    You felt the agony of defeat 98 times and lost the chance at the first pick on the last day of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    You felt the agony of defeat 98 times and lost the chance at the first pick on the last day of the season.
    I think you reach a point where defeat is no longer agonizing.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Cleary you don't understand the thrill of victory agony of defeat context

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think you reach a point where defeat is no longer agonizing.
    Yeah, stopped caring much at all by late May.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Cleary you don't understand the thrill of victory agony of defeat context
    Par for the course.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast