Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 127
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,812

    Who's to blame for the Dodgers loss?

    They were the better team IMO and won game one. Had a lead in the 9th of game two and had a million leads in game 5 plus game 7 at home.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    38,908
    Dodgers had

    -a leadoff double and then 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 1st
    -a leadoff single and then 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 2nd
    -1st and 2nd with no out in the 3rd
    -1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 5th
    -1st and 2nd with no out in the 6th

    But Yu was embarrassingly bad this WS. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because of the baseballs but he needed to figure it out and he failed to an absurd degree.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    24,268
    Altuve looks like a little brother


    WRONG THREAD SORRY
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,583
    Whole series

    Yu - self explanatory
    Jansen - blowing a one run lead in the 9th (gm 2)
    Kershaw - had 4-0 and 7-4 lead and blew it (gm 5)
    Turner, Belli, Seager - couldnt hit ****
    Roberts - lineup/roster config

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39,290
    Stros offense

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49,578
    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,118
    The Astros.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,126
    Yu and kershaw...If either guy does their job in their games late in this series its over... game 5... 2-2 with both games going back to LA and they spotted the goat a 4-0 lead and then a 7-4 lead and he blew both which put them down 2-3..... Yea sorry but if you are gonna be in goat contention and get all the credit all the time your *** is getting the blame for sucking royally when it matters,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,612
    Why does anyone have to be to blame? And who says they're the better team? Best team in the AL met the best team in the NL and came out on top. They got the pitching when they needed it, the defense was there, and they hit. Nobody was to blame. It was a damn close series and the Astros got it done.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,118
    If I'm taking someone on the Dodgers to blame for this though it's Darvish, Bellinger, or Kershaw.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,926
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yu and kershaw...If either guy does their job in their games late in this series its over... game 5... 2-2 with both games going back to LA and they spotted the goat a 4-0 lead and then a 7-4 lead and he blew both which put them down 2-3..... Yea sorry but if you are gonna be in goat contention and get all the credit all the time your *** is getting the blame for sucking royally when it matters,
    He gets all the credit for the teams success?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Why does anyone have to be to blame? And who says they're the better team? Best team in the AL met the best team in the NL and came out on top. They got the pitching when they needed it, the defense was there, and they hit. Nobody was to blame. It was a damn close series and the Astros got it done.
    I think the best team in the AL was the indians, they had that run, and finished with the better record.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    38,908
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If I'm taking someone on the Dodgers to blame for this though it's Darvish, Bellinger, or Kershaw.
    I think Bellinger had more XBH than Turner had hits

    But it was weird how Joc outhit all of them

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,118
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I think Bellinger had more XBH than Turner had hits

    But it was weird how Joc outhit all of them
    Yeah, I realized listing Bellinger wasn't really fair right after posting. The K's really stood out but he's a wide eyed rookie when it comes down to it. Puig and Turner had a pretty poor series as well.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,455
    Astros

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,126
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I realized listing Bellinger wasn't really fair right after posting. The K's really stood out but he's a wide eyed rookie when it comes down to it. Puig and Turner had a pretty poor series as well.
    yea bellinger deserves a pass for being a rookie... Puig/kershaw etc... not so much.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •