Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018

Ya i didnt see many names on the list that really jumped out.

Demarcus Lawrence wont reach the market. Then theres Clayborn Ansah and Alex Okafor? All 4-3 DEs

Maybe a cut or two. Who knows at this point.
    Also maybe a trade for a guy like Haloti Kihaha from the saints who was rumored near the deadline.

Maybe offer a package for JJ Watt 😃

But ultimately we just gotta find our own guy in this years draft. If we wanna make any moves in FA or a trade, it seems like it would be easier to find a CB or WR

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    id rather move on from clay and ty tbh. Neither can stay healthy.
    I donít think anyone is in love with clay on here. But itís always comes down to replacements. There arenít a bunch of them out there. If the option was cut clay and sign Melvin Ingram for a little more money, then Iíd be completely on board. But our defense is also not that great, so we canít afford to downgrade, even if clay is only average.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Ya i didnt see many names on the list that really jumped out.

Demarcus Lawrence wont reach the market. Then theres Clayborn Ansah and Alex Okafor? All 4-3 DEs

Maybe a cut or two. Who knows at this point.
    Also maybe a trade for a guy like Haloti Kihaha from the saints who was rumored near the deadline.

Maybe offer a package for JJ Watt 😃

But ultimately we just gotta find our own guy in this years draft. If we wanna make any moves in FA or a trade, it seems like it would be easier to find a CB or WR
    I have no doubt we need to find our replacement. I think pass rusher is one of the toughest positions to find late in the draft. I would love it if we picked one with out first pick. But even then, clay should probably be kept around for this next year (assuming we are still 3-4). I wouldnít want to count on a rookie to step in right away and start.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I donít think anyone is in love with clay on here. But itís always comes down to replacements. There arenít a bunch of them out there. If the option was cut clay and sign Melvin Ingram for a little more money, then Iíd be completely on board. But our defense is also not that great, so we canít afford to downgrade, even if clay is only average.

I have no doubt we need to find our replacement. I think pass rusher is one of the toughest positions to find late in the draft. I would love it if we picked one with out first pick. But even then, clay should probably be kept around for this next year (assuming we are still 3-4). I wouldnít want to count on a rookie to step in right away and start.
    Ya im with you. If we can go into next season with Perry Clay Biegel, Fackrell i guess, i would want to bring Brooks back instead of keeping fackrell, and a top 5 ranked pass rusher from the draft. Plus another mid rounder. We would be in business i think.

We dont even need to clear Clays money. Unless TT wants to go crazy.

After tomorrow we can answer these questions. The season is over if we lose and Rodgers should be shut down. We prob will beat the Browns, then those last 3 are insanely hard. So 6-10 it could be, and we would have a real shot at Chubb or Key.

With the RBs doing so well does the Pack still draft one early? Or at all?

Honestly, if you told me to rank the position groups based upon need next year, RB is probably last for me. I could see an argument for safety, but with Burnett as a free agent and jones a hybrid LB/S type, safety would rank at a higher importance than RB. And backup QB is probably above RB as well, unless Hundley magically changes in the last few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    With the RBs doing so well does the Pack still draft one early? Or at all?
    Even before Williams the last two weeks I didnít think RB was much of a need. Iím a huge jones fan. Heís not Alvin kamara, but heís an above average runner in my mind. Heís a decent pass catcher as well. If he can figure out blitz pickup, he could be a true workhorse.

And the last two weeks, Williams has looked like a workhorse too. I think with those two guys, we potentially have an above average run game, which should be more than adequate with Aaron Rodgers still in his prime. And I still like monty quite a bit too. His injury history is concerning, but heís as good as just about any 3rd rb in the league.

I really like our RB core for awhile. If we are spending more assets on offense, give me a tight end, OL or WR.

I doubt we even draft an RB. Williams and Jones look the part for real now. I was just spitballing when i said we should get mccoy or hyde etc.

I really like our defensive line. Whole unit is flat out awesome. Even Dial made a nice play yesterday. Then Adams is still a solid prospect.

Blake Martinez is officially awesome, if he wasnt already. I am hoping we draft Tj Edwards from Wisconsin to pair with him, hes played very good all year but for some reason is projected as a mid rounder.

Our secondary is still embarrassingly bad. I hate them

I hate our pass rush more than our secondary. I like the young players we have in the secondary right now but our pass rush is weak af.

Pass rush is weak, these QB's have all day to throw which makes our CB's look worse than they are. You get a decent pass rush and the secondary will be way better.

I think it would work vice versa too. If our corners were more reliable, we could blitz more too. Ideally we can upgrade both spots, but I think upgrading one makes the other better. When we were at our best on defense (super bowl season), secondary was our best unit.

I think it would work vice versa too. If our corners were more reliable, we could blitz more too. Ideally we can upgrade both spots, but I think upgrading one makes the other better. When we were at our best on defense (super bowl season), secondary was our best unit.
    But we also had a very good DL and Clay was wreaking havoc. Our pass rush right now is bad. We have a good amount invested in our secondary right now. I'd like to see us invest more in our pass rush and give these younger CB's more time to develop before we try to replace them again.

It's also time to start thinking about some more WR's too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    But we also had a very good DL and Clay was wreaking havoc. Our pass rush right now is bad. We have a good amount invested in our secondary right now. I'd like to see us invest more in our pass rush and give these younger CB's more time to develop before we try to replace them again.
    I donít think the super bowl line was any better than our current line. Jenkins wasnít better than daniels and clark is probably as good as raji. And sure, clay has fallen off, but Nick Perry is quite a bit better than frank zombo or Erik Walden.

Positionally, the biggest talent discrepancy between this current team and the super bowl defense is the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    It's also time to start thinking about some more WR's too.
    I definitely agree. It pains me to say it, because he might be one of my all time favorite packers, but Jordy doesnít appear have it anymore. He was sort of open on the deep throw that was picked.

Maybe heís hurt or something, but he doesnít look like heís running well and he doesnít make anyone miss anymore. If heís not done this year, heís done soon.

Interestingly enough itís a deep wr class in FA. I donít expect us to break the bank, but maybe we bring an outside body in.

I donít think the super bowl line was any better than our current line. Jenkins wasnít better than daniels and clark is probably as good as raji. And sure, clay has fallen off, but Nick Perry is quite a bit better than frank zombo or Erik Walden.

Positionally, the biggest talent discrepancy between this current team and the super bowl defense is the secondary.
    Jenkins was a freaking beast tho.

I believe outside of the QB, the CB position is the hardest to find top talent for. I honestly feel like upgrading our pass rush will help our secondary immensely. You don't need top talent at CB if you are consistently getting to the QB specially in big time moments or on 3rd down.

I just feel like it'd be easier to find pass rushers rather than shut down corners.

I definitely agree. It pains me to say it, because he might be one of my all time favorite packers, but Jordy doesnít appear have it anymore. He was sort of open on the deep throw that was picked.

Maybe heís hurt or something, but he doesnít look like heís running well and he doesnít make anyone miss anymore. If heís not done this year, heís done soon.

Interestingly enough itís a deep wr class in FA. I donít expect us to break the bank, but maybe we bring an outside body in.
    Yeah Jordy is done imo. I'd let him finish out his contract but i wouldn't re-sign him. Cobb has some big moments but he disappears too much for my liking. Our TE's are mediocre at best was well.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast