Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018

i am hoping we bring in John Fox for D coordinator.

Does anyone remember the Lerentee McCray trade to the Bills for a 2018 7th rounder? Are we getting that pick? I can't find info on it that has a definite answer. That would give the Packers 12 draft picks, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Does anyone remember the Lerentee McCray trade to the Bills for a 2018 7th rounder? Are we getting that pick? I can't find info on it that has a definite answer. That would give the Packers 12 draft picks, which is nice.
    the last time I remember hearing anything I am pretty sure we are getting the pick

RIP Gene Wilder

Was just on fanspeak and they have us with 12 picks, which should be turned into 6 or 7 early picks, but Ted will turn them into 15 or 16 4th and 5th rounders.

2 O linemen, 1 QB, 3WR, 1 D end, 2 OLB, 1CB, 1 safety and 1 long snapper.

Adams is signed, now sign lindsley, Jimmy Graham and Jarvis Landry. Cut Clays ***, Cobb and Jordy has to stay on a reduced contract. At least 9 of the 12 draft picks we get go on Defense, the first 3 picks for sure. Martinez is the leading tackler in the NFL right now, if you could pair him up with a 1st or 2nd round pick, holy crap thats a nice ILB group. Please dont say put Clay back to ILB he makes way to much money to play 12 games a year.

I donít get the obsession with Landry. Heís gonna cost a ton of money and just doesnít seem worth it to me. Heís a slot receiver and seems like we can find guys like that cheaper.

And Iím not sure we need to spend a boatload of picks on defense again. I think we have some decent depth guys. Iím not saying we canít draft guys on defense, but I think we need top end guys, not necessarily depth guys. Iíd rather spend some mid round picks on offense.

I know we wonít, but Iíd love to sign a corner in free agency and draft a olb or de depending on defensive scheme. Then after that, Iíd actually consider drafting offense with quite a few of the next couple picks. We could use probably two new tight ends. We need OL depth and more WRs. If we signed a CB and drafted pass rusher 1st, Iíd be fine with offense being the next 3 picks.

If we are signing a FA wideout, Iíd rather take a shot on a guy like John Brown, or mike Wallace. Adams is a great possession style receiver. He can make plays down the field too, but his bread and butter plays are slants and other timing routes. Landry is more of an underneath slot wr like Cobb. I donít think we need that. Iíd rather either draft a guy in the 3rd or something or take a flyer on a burner in free agency like I said above. Heck, thereís a chance a guy like Torrey Smith gets released as well. Those are the types I would be looking at bringing in that add a different element to the offense.

Really need to draft 2 TE if we don't pick one up in FA.

Need to sign probably 2 tight ends in my mind. I would also draft one, but I would hate to rely on a rookie tight end. Very difficult position to learn and be ready by week 1. Feels like weíd almost have to dumb the offense down a little to get a rookie tight end ready, which I donít want to do. Thatís part of the reason I think bringing back Richard Rodgers on a cheap deal makes sense. Heís not a great player by any means, but heís comfortable enough in the offense to keep the offense going while we groom a replacement.

Probably depends on who we draft as well. Maybe someone like a fumigali from Wisconsin could play a little earlier since the badgers play more of a pro style system. Whereas drafting a guy from a spread system would probably be tough to count on that guy getting ready right away.

What could we get Jimmy Graham for? Assuming he doesn't re sign with Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Adams is signed, now sign lindsley, Jimmy Graham and Jarvis Landry. Cut Clays ***, Cobb and Jordy has to stay on a reduced contract. At least 9 of the 12 draft picks we get go on Defense, the first 3 picks for sure. Martinez is the leading tackler in the NFL right now, if you could pair him up with a 1st or 2nd round pick, holy crap thats a nice ILB group. Please dont say put Clay back to ILB he makes way to much money to play 12 games a year.
    Couldn't disagree more with the 9 of 12 on defense. Think we'd be better off going the opposite. We spend most of our draft every year on defense, especially the early picks and they still don't produce. It's time to help the unit out that actually contributes to wins and losses. We shouldn't draft an ILB, we're good enough there. Edge rusher is the one defensive position I'd consider using an early pick.

With our 1st 5 picks in rounds 1 thru 4 we should draft a WR, a TE, an O Lineman and an OLB/edge rusher. Would like to add 2 O Lineman and 2 WR's in this draft.

I agree with cutting Clay and Jordy and even Cobb if we can't get a signifcant pay cut. Move Ty back to WR

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If we are signing a FA wideout, Iíd rather take a shot on a guy like John Brown, or mike Wallace. Adams is a great possession style receiver. He can make plays down the field too, but his bread and butter plays are slants and other timing routes. Landry is more of an underneath slot wr like Cobb. I donít think we need that. Iíd rather either draft a guy in the 3rd or something or take a flyer on a burner in free agency like I said above. Heck, thereís a chance a guy like Torrey Smith gets released as well. Those are the types I would be looking at bringing in that add a different element to the offense.
    None of those guy's move the needle on our team. John Brown is very inconsistent, Wallace and Torey Smith are both washed up. Landry is not a perfect fit, but he's a 100 catch/year type guy and since we only have 1 decent receiver on the team, Adams, Landry would be a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Need to sign probably 2 tight ends in my mind. I would also draft one, but I would hate to rely on a rookie tight end. Very difficult position to learn and be ready by week 1. Feels like weíd almost have to dumb the offense down a little to get a rookie tight end ready, which I donít want to do. Thatís part of the reason I think bringing back Richard Rodgers on a cheap deal makes sense. Heís not a great player by any means, but heís comfortable enough in the offense to keep the offense going while we groom a replacement.
    TE is a waste on our team for the most part. We don't do anything to make our TE valuable. Yes we need to add a TE, but most likely who ever we get won't make that big of an impact. We should resign Rodgers for cheap like you say and Kendricks is still under contract for next season, so we should take one shot at an upgrade. Either we draft one early or sign 1 FA. They probably won't pan out, so lets not spend the offseason trying to get an impact player that won't make an impact anyway.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast