Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018

I am certainly not giving up on this year, but a look ahead is always nice.
    Moves before June 1st
    Cut or trade Cobb cap space is 12.75mil if traded or 9.5 mil if cut
    Cut or trade Mathews save 11.4 mil either way
    Hope Bennett retires save 8.55 mil

Sign Adams 5 yr 52mil
    Sign Burnett 3 yr 12mil
    Sign Linsley 3 yr 10 mil
    Sign Rodgers 1yr 3 mil

FREE AGENCY
    Jimmy Graham, I think the pack could get him cheap and he needs a pass first team.
    Jarvis Landry, he will be expensive, but his young talent with Adams could be awesome for a long time.

PLUS the Packers still should have plenty of cap space for ???

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    I am certainly not giving up on this year, but a look ahead is always nice.
    Moves before June 1st
    Cut or trade Cobb cap space is 12.75mil if traded or 9.5 mil if cut
    Cut or trade Mathews save 11.4 mil either way
    Hope Bennett retires save 8.55 mil

Sign Adams 5 yr 52mil
    Sign Burnett 3 yr 12mil
    Sign Linsley 3 yr 10 mil

Sign Rodgers 1yr 3 mil

FREE AGENCY
    Jimmy Graham, I think the pack could get him cheap and he needs a pass first team.
    Jarvis Landry, he will be expensive, but his young talent with Adams could be awesome for a long time.

PLUS the Packers still should have plenty of cap space for ???

What do you think?
    I think you are crazy for thinking either of those guys gets signed for that cheap.
    Both Burnett and Linsley are very solid football players who are in the prime of their careers. The price on them will be well above what you are thinking.

JC Tretter got 5.5 million per season over 3 years so I would assume Linsley will be looking at something similar at the very least. Burnett is a solid safety and a leader on D. I would assume his value is near double that.

I think people under rate Burnett. I know I did. He's not a game changer or big time play maker, but he's versatile and does his job well.

Also, I'm not a huge Landry guy. I think he'd be fine with Rodgers, but I'd almost rather try to restructure Cobb for an extension. I think they'd have similar production and Cobb should be much cheaper over the long run.

And who's playing olb if you cut clay? I know I say it all the time, but it always amazes me how packers fans complain we don't sign free agents, who are almost always overpaid, but then want to cut our guys they think are overpaid, even when there's no replacement on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I think you are crazy for thinking either of those guys gets signed for that cheap.
    Both Burnett and Linsley are very solid football players who are in the prime of their careers. The price on them will be well above what you are thinking.

JC Tretter got 5.5 million per season over 3 years so I would assume Linsley will be looking at something similar at the very least. Burnett is a solid safety and a leader on D. I would assume his value is near double that.
    With him being 28 this will also probably be Burnett's last big contract.

And agreed there is no way Linsley is taking that small of a contract.

Jimmy G, unless he takes like a prove it deal or something won't be coming here. we will probably roll with Kendricks, Rodgers, and draft pick if Bennett does retire.

I don't see Landry coming in either. we will throw money at Adams, I am 50/50 on if they keep Cobb, and we will probably draft another mid-round WR.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think people under rate Burnett. I know I did. He's not a game changer or big time play maker, but he's versatile and does his job well.
    he is definitely the leader of the defense.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Also, I'm not a huge Landry guy. I think he'd be fine with Rodgers, but I'd almost rather try to restructure Cobb for an extension. I think they'd have similar production and Cobb should be much cheaper over the long run.

And who's playing olb if you cut clay? I know I say it all the time, but it always amazes me how packers fans complain we don't sign free agents, who are almost always overpaid, but then want to cut our guys they think are overpaid, even when there's no replacement on the roster.
    If you go by what these "experts" say we need to throw draft picks early and often at Rush Backers so I am assuming he is going by that.

RIP Gene Wilder

No way Burnett signs close to that cheap. I wouldn't mind letting him walk if Jones is ready. Seem similar but Jones faster. Burnett is a solid but unspectacular player. Clay is still the best player on the defense which is sad because I think he's close to done. Not sure as crewfan said you can release him...who is behind him? Perry numbers always deceiving. Gets one sack a game and rarely is a real force throughout a game. This team has a lot of issues. I do cut Cobb. Nowhere near a 10 plus mill player.

Clay isn't even the third best player on defense...

I don't know exactly where I rank Clay, but I think its pretty clear that Mike Daniels is our best defensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I don't know exactly where I rank Clay, but I think its pretty clear that Mike Daniels is our best defensive player.
    I know when I am hoping - however unlikely that is to happen - for a big play I still think of Clay as the guy most likely to make a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I know when I am hoping - however unlikely that is to happen - for a big play I still think of Clay as the guy most likely to make a big play.
    Maybe. That doesn't make him best. I probably agree with that, but I think Mike Nick Kenny and Blake are all as good this year or better. Haha should be there but he's been crap.

Agree. Randall is our best bet for a big, splash play at corner, but that doesn't make him our best corner.

We do need play makers and field tilters on this defense. But just because a guy has the ability to make an occasional huge play doesn't mean he's the best player.

Also, interesting note from an article from packernews. Burnett has been wearing the defensive mic when he's played. There's been some blown coverage assignments in that time, but nothing egregious like playing with 10 guys on the field like we did at least once, maybe twice against New Orleans.

It's not solely a reason to resign Burnett, but he seems to be the communication leader on this defense as well, which probably is a little more important that we give credit for.

Right now they need to trade for Hauoli Kikaha late 6th rounder should do it. Lets see what he can do with the Pack. If he does well, put Clay at ILB again. I see Burnett wont come cheap, but we do have Jones and I really like Brice, so if he walks, I would miss him but oh well.

Trade deadline has passed, so we arent trading for anyone.

And we find ways to get Burnett, Brice and jones all on the field today. So why couldn't we continue to do that. Burnett is by far the best tight end coverage guy we have and is the surest tackler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast