Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2018

i get what you're saying... but he isn't a free agent... and although i don't think you're allowed to talk to a player before trading for him, you know it happens and the agents reach out and discuss it... i guess what i'm saying is I'd cover all the bases before spending that kind of capital...

I would rather just draft a guy with upside and a multi year contract who can be a burner than trade for Bryant. Or spend some money in free agency and sign down field guy for cheap in free agency. I wouldnít trade a pick or spend more than like $3-4 million on a guy.

i'd prefer to spend the money on a Paul Richardson and/or Donte Moncrief... Moncrief intrigues me because he has the same size as Allen Robinson, but better speed... i know he's dealt with injuries, so that scares me a little... i think with a guy like Rodgers throwing to him he could really blow up... not saying he's as good or as polished as Robinson by no means, just saying the physical attributes are there... and he shouldn't cost near as much as Robinson...
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 01-16-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Reading posts from the previous page, I see people are extending Clay Mathews which is a huge mistake. It is a must that we draft a replacement for Clay at pick 14 or sign and edge rusher like Ziggy Anzah. If Clay Mathews is starting next season as our top pass rusher the season is already lost. Our defense is not in nearly as bad shape as people think. If we add a 12 sack pass rusher, the defense will finish in the top half next season. Our OLB's next season should be pick 14, Perry, Biegel, Fackerall and a 5th round comp pick unless we sign a double digit sack player.

Our D-Line is pretty much set with the players already on the roster, maybe add a depth FA and a late pick.

I'd let Burnette walk and play with our other safeties. I'd prefer to spend the money at CB. King will be our No. 1, but we should sign an upper level FA to compete for the No.1 spot and draft a CB in the 4th or 5th rd.

QB- I'm not spending money to upgrade the backup QB position. If Rodgers misses half a season we don't belong in the playoffs. Hundley is fine for a game or 2, he might even win 1 if we're lucky.

WR- We should cut both Jordy and Cobb or keep 1 on a much cheaper contract, preferably Cobb. We should draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round and move Montgomery back to WR for depth. Look for a FA WR that wants to play with Aaron Rodgers to compete for wr#2.

TE - we should draft a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round, Kendricks sucked last year, but he's under contract, maybe he'll play better. Rogers can be resigned for cheap as the 3rd TE.

O-Line - We should draft 2 O-Lineman, 1 at pick 102 and another in the 5th rnd comp picks. Resign Evans if he wants to play another year.

RB - Williams and Jones are the real deal, Mayes will need to play well in camp or he can be replaced by a late pick or undrafted FA.

Free Agent position targets - CB, WR and depth If an impact playerat another position has interest or a Pass rusher to replace Clay.

Draft pick 14- OLB, 45- TE/WR, 76 - WR/TE, 102 - O Line, 130 - CB, 5th rnd - OLB, CB, O-Line, WR

We spend money saved on Clay, Burnett, Nelson and Cobb on WR and CB or edge rusher. If we sign an edge rusher for $15 Mil per season, then draft a CB at 14 instead of an OLB.

This is what I donít get. You donít want to draft a guy like Ridley and say it will be a waste of a years of rodgers career. But youíre fine with cutting clay and completely taking a risk with rookie starting opposite Perry with beigel and fackerall as the primary backups. Thatís basically punting our pass rush. Even if the rookie is a stud, which is no guarantee, you have no depth. Perry is injury prone and two of the three pass rushers you suggested missed time last year due to injury.

I get clay probsbly isnít worth the money heís owed. But we donít have depth at olb. Fackerall shouldnít be in the league. Beigel didnít show much. I donít get how youíre comfortable with that depth. Pass rusher is arguably the 2nd most important position in football. And our whole hope is that we hit on a rookie.

I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised by some of the defensive talent that is already on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This is what I donít get. You donít want to draft a guy like Ridley and say it will be a waste of a years of rodgers career. But youíre fine with cutting clay and completely taking a risk with rookie starting opposite Perry with beigel and fackerall as the primary backups. Thatís basically punting our pass rush. Even if the rookie is a stud, which is no guarantee, you have no depth. Perry is injury prone and two of the three pass rushers you suggested missed time last year due to injury.

I get clay probsbly isnít worth the money heís owed. But we donít have depth at olb. Fackerall shouldnít be in the league. Beigel didnít show much. I donít get how youíre comfortable with that depth. Pass rusher is arguably the 2nd most important position in football. And our whole hope is that we hit on a rookie.
    Realistically Clay is the best LB we currently have. Understandably he isn't playing at a level worth his contract and hasn't for some time, but he still is the best we have. Dumping him completely would be a mistake unless you have a real plan at locking in FA replacements followed by drafting an early stud.

In a 3-4 should be an abundance of LBs if you want to be a really good defense. Packers should sign an OLB or two and draft (2) two. Then maybe take even an ILB in the draft along with CB, WR, OL, TE. This team has some holes obviously but need to shore up depth in other spots as well. Bring in or trade for a OLB but also sign some that can come on the field in situational spots whether as a rusher or as a good solid rush and drop-into-coverage OLB. I hope HaHa bounces back. The DL could really be good with Clark, Daniels and hopefully healthy Adams to go with Lowry.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Realistically Clay is the best LB we currently have. Understandably he isn't playing at a level worth his contract and hasn't for some time, but he still is the best we have. Dumping him completely would be a mistake unless you have a real plan at locking in FA replacements followed by drafting an early stud.
    this^ guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised by some of the defensive talent that is already on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    This!!!
    I have been saying that for years, then we end up ranking bottom in every category lol i like a lot of our players, and maybe it was primarily capers, but i still think lb needs a legit pass rusher and ilb, cb we need a veteran play maker not just a draft roll of the dice, and i think that would make a world of difference with new playcalling

We probably do have a lot of talent on defense but it is hard to know what you have in the secondary when you have no sort of legit pass rush. You switch Perry or Matthews for a Von Miller last season and maybe everything changes. It was a huge difference going from last season to this season just losing Peppers.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910