Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Patriots Sign QB Brian Hoyer to 3 year Deal

Patriots reached agreement with former 49ers QB Brian Hoyer on a three-year contract, per source

AdamSchefter

Meet the future..LOL!

He'll be better here then in other settings. You don't want to see him, but if we get a kid then he can mentor the kid while TB is still focused on playing.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I think heís an awesome backup. If youíre expecting better your expectations are out of whack. Hopefully we draft a guy that can be a potential Qb of the future but thatís tough. IF we need to stick with a vet Hoyer is as good as you could hope for.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan:31957382
    null
    Well this would be the draft to do it, alot of QB depth in this draft, and from what i read alot of 1st rd talent QBs are going to fall deep into the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Well this would be the draft to do it, alot of QB depth in this draft, and from what i read alot of 1st rd talent QBs are going to fall deep into the draft.
    Except the Niners have been overturning every rock in this incoming QB class and opted to trade for Jimmy.

That's not reassuring to me.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    He's a fine backup while we look for Tom's heir. When we do find the guy likely in next year's draft or the one after, I wonder if as a rook he will beat out Hoyer for the backup job just like Jimmy did.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust:31959163
    He's a fine backup while we look for Tom's heir. When we do find the guy likely in next year's draft or the one after, I wonder if as a rook he will beat out Hoyer for the backup job just like Jimmy did.
    They will draft an potential heir at 2018 NFL draft, this way he will have 2 to 3 years to develop and learn from Brady and Hoyer, and this draft has alot of high potential QBs in it. I read that they believe there will be alot of 1st round potential at QB falling deep into draft. We will see, it will benefit any rookie QB to sit for a year or 2 and just watch and learn.

I like Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern, tall smart, strong arm, and accurate, if he played for a bigger program i believe he could be one top in the Nation. Only thing is he might stay in college 1 more year
    Last edited by JerseyBrave; 11-03-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    They will draft an potential heir at 2018 NFL draft, this way he will have 2 to 3 years to develop and learn from Brady and Hoyer, and this draft has alot of high potential QBs in it. I read that they believe there will be alot of 1st round potential at QB falling deep into draft. We will see, it will benefit any rookie QB to sit for a year or 2 and just watch and learn.

I like Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern, tall smart, strong arm, and accurate, if he played for a bigger program i believe he could be one top in the Nation. Only thing is he might stay in college 1 more year
    Not trying to ridicule you and def not trying to start anything but I looked at Thorson's numbers 10 td's and 11 int
    That's flat out terrible