Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Team looked good last night, and they finally got pressure.
    Fireman Ed was there last night.

    They need to resign McCown as a transition QB, and this team needs to whatever it takes to draft a QB that can be a franchise QB.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Good win. I'm excited to finish 6-10 and miss out on the top picks. Hopefully another elite QB is taken ahead of us

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:31959337
    Team looked good last night, and they finally got pressure.
    Fireman Ed was there last night.

    They need to resign McCown as a transition QB, and this team needs to whatever it takes to draft a QB that can be a franchise QB.
    We will miss out on the top QB's again because we signed McCown. He's not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a top pick. Really was a terrible signing. All he does is give us a worse pick with no playoffs

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Then trade for the pick.
    It's how the Eagles got Wentz.
    The Niners are going to trade their pick to the highest bidder.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Hell, I would give up my 1st and my two 2nds this year and the 2nd in next year just to get what I want.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Then trade for the pick.
    It's how the Eagles got Wentz.
    The Niners are going to trade their pick to the highest bidder.
    People tend to forget that this is an option

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    687
    I would welcome all trade scenarios in order to get the guy we want and Im a stingy muhhh****aah

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,009
    people just want to draft the best quarterback, just because he is a top 5 qb in the draft , he can also be a bust.. REMEMBER SANCHEZ, how about the quarterbacks that are going to be free agents, proven guys, id rather get a proven guy then the risk of a number 1 draft pick why not throw tons of money at kirk cousins and then build our team around him through the draft? quarterback is not our only need by far... why get a qb in the draft that has no help, it would be geno and sanchez all over again
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

    2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN!:31959703
    people just want to draft the best quarterback, just because he is a top 5 qb in the draft , he can also be a bust.. REMEMBER SANCHEZ, how about the quarterbacks that are going to be free agents, proven guys, id rather get a proven guy then the risk of a number 1 draft pick why not throw tons of money at kirk cousins and then build our team around him through the draft? quarterback is not our only need by far... why get a qb in the draft that has no help, it would be geno and sanchez all over again
    Most people were pissed when we traded up for Sanchez. Even the NFL analysts criticized the move. We suck at picking QB's which is why we need a pick high enough where there's only one obvious choice at the position. If we have to choose between multiple QB's after the first couple are gone, we will make the wrong decision. We can't evaluate talent at that position. Or the WR position for that matter.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    25,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Hell, I would give up my 1st and my two 2nds this year and the 2nd in next year just to get what I want.
    For which QB? There is no one that looks that good to me. Darnold? Nope. Rosen? You want to give up that much for him? I wouldn't. There is no one running away with the number 1 QB. They seem to be fighting to be second.

    I want to see where we end up and take it from there.
    If we finish in the middle, I would actually rather trade back and get an extra first rounder for the following year and take Mayfield in the second.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For which QB? There is no one that looks that good to me. Darnold? Nope. Rosen? You want to give up that much for him? I wouldn't. There is no one running away with the number 1 QB. They seem to be fighting to be second.

    I want to see where we end up and take it from there.
    If we finish in the middle, I would actually rather trade back and get an extra first rounder for the following year and take Mayfield in the second.
    Darnold checks all the boxes
    Strong arm
    Touch throws
    Pro style offense
    Agile
    Big boy

    Rosen does the same

    But if Mac doesn’t like them then there is Allen, Jackson, Falk, Rudolph and Thorson.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Most people were pissed when we traded up for Sanchez. Even the NFL analysts criticized the move. We suck at picking QB's which is why we need a pick high enough where there's only one obvious choice at the position. If we have to choose between multiple QB's after the first couple are gone, we will make the wrong decision. We can't evaluate talent at that position. Or the WR position for that matter.
    Which NFL Analyst criticized the move? The Jets gave up nothing for the pick, they gave up Brett Ratliff.

    Name a proven QB that will be a free agent this year?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Which NFL Analyst criticized the move? The Jets gave up nothing for the pick, they gave up Brett Ratliff.

    Name a proven QB that will be a free agent this year?
    Off the bat Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins but I wouldn’t want Smith, cousins is intriguing though

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Off the bat Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins but I wouldn’t want Smith, cousins is intriguing though
    Cousins wants to retire as a Redskin but prefers 1 year deals.

    Smith isn’t leaving KC either.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Cousins wants to retire as a Redskin but prefers 1 year deals.

    Smith isn’t leaving KC either.
    Throw enough money at cousins he would play on another team no doubt about it.

    Smith is interesting because they drafted a QB high and may want to play him. Anything is possible in the NFL we all know that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •