Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

2017/18 November Game Thread

Wednesday, November 1st
    Maple Leafs(7-5-0) vs Ducks(6-4-1)
    10:00 pm et
    SN1/SNO/SNE/SNW
    Last edited by KingerSox; 11-01-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Looks like Leivo in for Moore, Carrick in for Polak. Just need Kappy in for Martin eventually and you have the perfect lineup.

I would leave Marleau on the wing though and give Nylander a shot at Center. Put Marner with Matthews and see if he can get going. That said I want Matthews/Nylander to be a thing forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Looks like Leivo in for Moore, Carrick in for Polak. Just need Kappy in for Martin eventually and you have the perfect lineup.

I would leave Marleau on the wing though and give Nylander a shot at Center. Put Marner with Matthews and see if he can get going. That said I want Matthews/Nylander to be a thing forever!
    I was 100% against splitting up Matthews/Nylander because they are electric together. I think Nylander can handle his own line now BUT they are the only ones playing well right now so i'm afraid to split them up. What i would do is put someone like JVR with them and try and get him going. Putting Hyman with Bozak and Marner to show them what hustle looks like. A simple swap like that to start and if that doesn't work then the blender has to come out again

Carlyle says the Leafs like to make as many long passes as any team in the league.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Good one Randy. Good one.

Great pass by JVR

This team scores a goal and gives it back like mad.

This might seem homer-ish but i think Borgman is going to be very very good for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    This team scores a goal and gives it back like mad.
    We used to give up goals like mad and couldn't score, so at least we're making some progress lol

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    This might seem homer-ish but i think Borgman is going to be very very good for some reason
    Very evident he has the tools. I love that he's physical and he's had some rushes where he shows skill. If he can make the adjustment I agree he could be a solid D.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    We used to give up goals like mad and couldn't score, so at least we're making some progress lol
    I guess any progress is good progress eh.

Very evident he has the tools. I love that he's physical and he's had some rushes where he shows skill. If he can make the adjustment I agree he could be a solid D.
    Yea, that's probably the best way to describe it. He has all the tools. Looks like the more time he gets on NHL ice the more confidence he has. Just have to develop him like any other young D and he could turn into something real nice. Imagine finding a 2nd pairing (Borgman-Zaitsev) for no assets. Would be huge considering Zaitsev is locked up and Borgman is eligible to be extended this offseason but has one more year on his ELC

I guess any progress is good progress eh.
    Just give me something to be positive about and i'm good. I go full "Joe from the bridge"

Matthews almost had that, damn

Why is Marleau passing there? trade him just for that sheer stupidity

lmao i didn't know there was a delayed penalty and just saw Andersen breeze through centre ice with the puck on his stick and i thought he had lost his mind

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast