Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Unlike other years, lots of NFL Trades this year and a lot of Bills rumors.

It has been reported by NFL live, that the Bills are calling looking for a WR, but has told teams, they will not overpay. The list of WR's that are apparently on the block are Hilton, Moncrief, Landry and Pryer. Bryant from Pitt is on the list, but no way Bills take him. Not the attitude this coach likes.

The Bills just got kelvin Benjamin. Now thatís a shocker!

Great move - essentially a 3rd (7th too) for Kelvin! I like it.

Good move. He was one of my favorites in that draft and I was actually hoping he'd be an option in the 2nd round before the trade to get Watkins and Carolina taking him in the 1st.

He's not quite a number 1 WR and he doesn't exactly fit Tyrod's strengths, but he's definitely an upgrade. Now more than ever, Tyrod needs to be willing to throw the ball when his WR is covered because Benjamin does not get much separation. Cam just threw it up to him most of the time. They'll also need to add a speedster to compliment him in the offseason and depending on the price, they probably won't bring back Matthews.

Love it! He's a massive redzone target the likes that Buffalo hasn't seen in a long, long time.

Andre Holmes has been a decent RZ option, but this is an upgrade for sure. Especially with Clay out. Surprised Kelvin was avail vs. all the other rumored WRs out there.

Was wondering if they were going to make a play for Hilton, guess not. Will take Kelvin for sure though! Good pick up.

This move is all about seeing if Tyrod is their guy moving forward. He now has Mathews in the slot, Benjamin wide, 2 TE's that can catch, followed by McCoy. The days of defending Tyrod, based on not having WR's that can catch, is over.

If Tyrod gets us to the playoffs, I guarantee this team does not draft a QB next year. They will keep Tyrod, invest more time with Peterman and use our picks to get us another WR, OL and D.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    This move is all about seeing if Tyrod is their guy moving forward. He now has Mathews in the slot, Benjamin wide, 2 TE's that can catch, followed by McCoy. The days of defending Tyrod, based on not having WR's that can catch, is over.

If Tyrod gets us to the playoffs, I guarantee this team does not draft a QB next year. They will keep Tyrod, invest more time with Peterman and use our picks to get us another WR, OL and D.
    I actually think they go the Chiefs route. Theyíll pick up his option regardless, but will draft a QB to sit behind Tyrod. Itís what smart, winning organizations do and it isnít a Tyrod thing.

They really seem to like the Panthers model and I wouldnít be surprised if Lamar Jackson is their target (late first/early second) because of his similarities to Cam.

Convo for another day, but itís the smart thing to do and not necessarily a knock on Tyrod. How many backup QBs has New England been able to trade because they were early round picks and they have Brady?

I hate the idea of not drafting a QB. Just look at Smith this season and you see the First KC spent was worth it even if he never plays for them. Though Tyrod is a different beast and may operate best knowing hes the man. It's just nice to trust managment to make the right decision. Not looking forward to that trust inevitably being eroded. Was really looking forward to this being the offseason where we get the QB position locked up for the next 20 years.

Ben was a huge get. Actually makes me wish we had Watkins beside him because they have very different skill sets. A WR like Ben for a 3rd is great because we have the cap. We didnt squander our offseason the way Jax did. And Ben doesnt need to create space - he has the hands and hops. This really could be the year boys!

What do we have left as far as picks? still 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 3rd right?

If we stay on this trajectory i expect to be true contenders and perennial AFC east champs by 2019.

If i am right about the picks we have left... i hope we spend 4/5 of those early picks on offense.

WR, OL, QB, RB please.

McD can scheme together a decent defense as we've seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If i am right about the picks we have left... i hope we spend 4/5 of those early picks on offense.

WR, OL, QB, RB please.

McD can scheme together a decent defense as we've seen this season.
    I agree with this, but it's too early. Let's see how the season plays out. My guess is that they'll need replacements for Alexander, Dareus/Williams, and possibly Preston Brown. Too soon to rule out early defensive picks. I do agree with the QB thing though. I almost think it's a must within their first 4 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I actually think they go the Chiefs route. Theyíll pick up his option regardless, but will draft a QB to sit behind Tyrod. Itís what smart, winning organizations do and it isnít a Tyrod thing.

They really seem to like the Panthers model and I wouldnít be surprised if Lamar Jackson is their target (late first/early second) because of his similarities to Cam.

Convo for another day, but itís the smart thing to do and not necessarily a knock on Tyrod. How many backup QBs has New England been able to trade because they were early round picks and they have Brady?
    What KC has done the past 4 years amazes me. This is a team, with Smith, who for two seasons, never threw a TD pass to a WR, yet kept winning, kept making the playoffs. Mahomes is a smart investment for them, with Smith's age. Mahomes, wouldn't have been a good option for us, because he has the same skill set as Tyrod, and Tyrod is still young, so no need for him.

As for the picks next season, It will all be defense or offensive lineman. Which ever position offers the biggest stud with our first pick. WR will come later, and with Peterman here, I would bet a million we do not draft a QB. It would be a waste of a pick. It will be Tyrod next year, followed by Peterman, and then a journeyman veteran, (Like Yates) 3rd string.

Bean likes Peterman and they are planning on him to take over. Getting another rookie, to compete for practice reps, is detrimental to them both. He will draft another QB after Tyrod is gone.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-02-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    What KC has done the past 4 years amazes me. This is a team, with Smith, who for two seasons, never threw a TD pass to a WR, yet kept winning, kept making the playoffs. Mahomes is a smart investment for them, with Smith's age. Mahomes, wouldn't have been a good option for us, because he has the same skill set as Tyrod, and Tyrod is still young, so no need for him.

As for the picks next season, It will all be defense or offensive lineman. Which ever position offers the biggest stud with our first pick. WR will come later, and with Peterman here, I would bet a million we do not draft a QB. It would be a waste of a pick. It will be Tyrod next year, followed by Peterman, and then a journeyman veteran, (Like Yates) 3rd string.

Bean likes Peterman and they are planning on him to take over. Getting another rookie, to compete for practice reps, is detrimental to them both. He will draft another QB after Tyrod is gone.
    Sorry, that makes no sense. The Patriots constantly invest in early round QBs, yet Tyrod is too good and too young for the Bills to do that? That's the main problem right there...the team constantly finds reasons not to draft a QB early, when the rest of the league does it despite who their QB is. It's the most important position in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Sorry, that makes no sense. The Patriots constantly invest in early round QBs, yet Tyrod is too good and too young for the Bills to do that? That's the main problem right there...the team constantly finds reasons not to draft a QB early, when the rest of the league does it despite who their QB is. It's the most important position in the game...
    What doesn't make sense is you compare what Buffalo will do, because of the formula other teams have used.
    Plus, in your mind, you already have Mahomes a superstar. I don't. Alex Smith is old. Injury risk is a concern as well now. So for them to draft a QB made sense. In the Bills situation. Tyrod is better than you give him credit for. I know it, and thankfully the coaches do to, which is why he is here. There is no reason to waste a pick on Mahomes, when you have Tyrod and their plan was to always pick Peterman. Gruden said it as well. He knew Peterman was going to be picked by the Bills. The Bills called Gruden and talked to him about Peterman before the draft. That was their plan. Peterman is the guy they want for the future. Which is why, there will be no QB drafted as long as Tyrod is on this team.

As I said, one of two things will happen. We keep Tyrod. We do not waste a pick on a QB and instead sign a free agent journeyman like Yates and have that QB and Peterman fight for scraps during practice and play behind Tyrod.

Or, The Bills dump Tyrod. Peterman will then be our starter. We will then still sign a journeyman QB to be a back up, but then only in this situation, will the Bills use a pick on a QB, to be our 3rd string clip board holding QB.

But I will bet you any amount of money through paypal right now, that if Tyrod stays, there will absolutely be no QB drafted next year. This regime isn't stupid as Whaley was. To waste a pick, when this team has several glaring needs. This team wont start Tyrod, and then have Peterman and a rookie take over the team incase of injury. They will have a veteran presence on the team behind Tyrod, not two rookie QB's. Its foolish to assume otherwise.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-03-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast