Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I think he has receiving talent, but he hasn't put it all on display yet. He has solid last year in that department and provides a boost for our pass protection. This season it's been overall rough in both departments with how poor the offense has been for the Dolphins.

Would imagine he's going to become the RB1 on this roster quickly with Blount spelling him as the big back/clock killing mode for 8-10 runs. We were already giving Barner/Smallwood/Clement touches so those all likely head towards Ajayi.

Fairly sizable upgrade for our offense, low risk and high reward..Plus he has an additional year for around 700k for next year.
    my biggest concern is he needed a lot of carries to make any impact last year but if he can run well in a more limited role with Blount it cant hurt at all. I really like how Blunt has been running so i dont wanna see him lose carries. the biggest thing will be his blocking, thats where he can help most so i hope hes game
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I just think you risk weakening what's been BY FAR the biggest strength of this roster. I don't think that's a worthwhile risk. I don't like anyone behind Barnett.

You take out one guy for the rest of the season and each guy is a little less rested with the rotations. There has been no game this entire year where I was like man, the eagles get no pass rush.

I have a feeling and I could be wrong that ajayi was the trade in response to peters being hurt because one way to help protection is running the ball and play action.

Peters being hurt is such a bummer though because if we had peters and you trade for ajayi I think I'd be in a much different place. I think I'd be thinking we're about to be dominant offensively. Now? I think we'll still be pretty good. Vatai just needs to be adequate. That's all. Doesn't need to be dominant. He just needs to play adequate football. If he does that we're golden assuming health is there. I'll say this though

Every year there's a team that suddenly gets crazy good because of a few factors. One of which is insane health. That team that just stays healthier than the rest of the league. But then the year after sustains some injuries and is clearly fools gold

What's good is that we've had a ton of injuries all year and we're 7-1. Makes me think that success is more sustainable. But that's also the reason I'd like to bring everyone back and just build the line and add more depth
    I absolutely love the depth on the dline and would hate to see it broken up because of what you're saying but you're also saying what a bummer Peters being out is. It's just one of those things I was looking at what they could do to acquire an OT. Seems that could be an option. Depending on who they got, would depend on my feelings.

Like say they did get a guy like Glenn + a pick for Curry + a pick? Things could happen to maybe make it ok.

I'm fine with them standing pat now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

i will say a Ajayi/Blount duo in playoff type weather could be huge.

Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

I wouldn't think that Ajayi will see a lot of action on Sunday - then comes the Bye.
    He should be ready to go against Dallas.

People have to look at the big picture. This trades more for longterm, mainly next year.
    We are drafting an OT in the first round, leaving us with a 4th as our next pick and chances of us getting a close to elite level RB are slim. Thus we traded the 4th and got a young franchise RB.
    Its going to be a late 4th regardless because all our 4ths are low as hell.

After drafting that tackle in the first round, I think LB will be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I'll still never forget people saying Howie was **** a couple years back and needed to go, fun times... He's easily top 5.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

People have to look at the big picture. This trades more for longterm, mainly next year.
    We are drafting an OT in the first round, leaving us with a 4th as our next pick and chances of us getting a close to elite level RB are slim. Thus we traded the 4th and got a young franchise RB.

Yep. OT and LB is where it's at next year.

The return... 2018-19

I'll still never forget people saying Howie was **** a couple years back and needed to go, fun times... He's easily top 5.
    If we get a SB out of this, I just might agree with you.

The return... 2018-19

..4:08...I wish Cordy Glenn was an Eagle....

I really like this trade of acquiring Ajayi. He is a 3 down back that runs downhill. With Peters out, hopefully, Ajayi can take some pressure off of Wentz with his running ability. Miami OLine is below average and I don't think they utilize his ability in the screen to short passes game. Ajayi runs hard and he runs angry! I want that from my RB. I think Ajayi will be 'hungry and motivated' to play for contender.#ATrain

How would we have fit Glenn in our cap? It wasn't feasible, this isn't baseball where you can add whatever cap you want.
    Granted the only two defenses that would remotely scare us in the playoffs are the Vikings and Seahawks and if we get the 1 seed, we'll only end up facing one of them.

Rams also can be a really scarey team to face for us too. They're just as balanced as us.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

i mean Jay himself was a 4th. You can find solid back in rounds 4-6 it happens almost every year but i get your point.

another good thing about this trade is Dallas didnt get him bcuz even tohugh im not fully on him he is better than Elliots backups

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i mean Jay himself was a 4th. You can find solid back in rounds 4-6 it happens almost every year but i get your point.
    2017: Pumphrey, Cohen, Perine, Williams x2, Gallman, Mack, Hill, McNichols, Logan, Jones, McGuire, Henderson, Wilson
    2016: Ervin, Dixon, Booker, Washington, Perkins, Howard, Williams, Collins, Reynolds, Taylor
    2015: Langford, Allen, Davis, Cobb, Ajayi, Artis-Payne, Robinson
    2014: Freeman, Williams, Carey, White, Telefarreo, Seastrunk, Gaffney, Thomas
    2013: Franklin, Jusczyk, Lattimore, Taylor, Randle, Thompson, Gillislee, Murray, Barner, James, Burkhead, Riddick, Stacy
    2012: Miller, Turbin, Ellison, Ewing, Ballard, Morris, Gray, Herron, Ganaway
    2011: Helu, Hunter, Carter, Marecic, Jones, Powell, Harper, White, Sherman, Rodgers, Lewis, Royster, Todman, Bradford,
    2010: McKnight, Conner, Dixon, Morris, Dwyer, Starks, Scott

Not counting this year's draft yet, seems like a good bet to find a solid RB in those rounds.

Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi, Devonte Freeman, Jordan Howard look like the only franchise guys found in those rounds. Certainly some complimentary backs found there though. Absolutely there is.

Ajayi was actually a 5th rounder. I still think though that if you're trading away a pick you'd use to draft that position, it's not a bad idea if you're getting a proven guy back. There are still a lot of duds in those rounds too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I could be late as hell, but I had no idea that Ajayi was from England and had an accent. That's dope.

The return... 2018-19

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast