Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    He must have been deep in Gase's doghouse...

Have to be able to get a 2nd for Landry...
    He wasn't otherwise he wouldn't have been their featured back this entire season. Their FO are idiots if they can only manage to get only a low 4th for Ajayi who is a first round talent. Did they bother to notify every team he was even on the market or just called the Eagles cause who knows. He's much better then Blount and Smallwood and will look like Zeke playing behind that offense once they get Peters back imo

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If someone offers a 2nd for Landry today I'd be overjoyed. I've been prepared for Landry to be gone since last year so I can handle that. I just doubt we see a move today because who is going to offer a 2nd who already hasn't talked to us? Everyone has known that we aren't going to resign him and we haven't seen that 2nd yet. And if they do it for anything less than that then they're stupid considering we'll get a 3rd for him after he signs elsewhere.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Miami is awarded a 3rd round comp pick for WR Landry, but decides to sign an UFA who was also offered a 3rd round comp pick, then Miami receives nothing for WR Landry?

People freaking out about only getting a 4th, Shaddy McCoy netted just Kiko Alonso and is a way better. Ajayi had a handful of good games and has documented knee issues that made him fall to the 5th round. 4th is soild.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Miami is awarded a 3rd round comp pick for WR Landry, but decides to sign an UFA who was also offered a 3rd round comp pick, then Miami receives nothing for WR Landry?
    There are no offers involved......
    It's based on the contracts the UFA sign. So depending on who we sign and for how much in free agency and what Landry signs for it could be a wash. Comp picks are awarded after the free agency singing period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    People freaking out about only getting a 4th, Shaddy McCoy netted just Kiko Alonso and is a way better. Ajayi had a handful of good games and has documented knee issues that made him fall to the 5th round. 4th is soild.
    It's hard to argue with this ........ Miami now has the opportunity to see young players in Williams and Drake for 9 games this season in starting roles. Anyone know if a 3rd RB is being called up? Drake health is often a concern, so I would anticipate an older vet or go with a practice squad player if they have one available.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    There are no offers involved......
    It's based on the contracts the UFA sign. So depending on who we sign and for how much in free agency and what Landry signs for it could be a wash. Comp picks are awarded after the free agency singing period.
    I worded it incorrectly. I believe you are spot on though.

Basically, what is a slot WR getting these days on the open market?

Anyway back to the subject of Jay. Lets hope Williams and Drake show growth these next 9 games so the Dolphins don't have to use resources at the RB position in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    I worded it incorrectly. I believe you are spot on though.

Basically, what is a slot WR getting these days on the open market?

Anyway back to the subject of Jay. Lets hope Williams and Drake show growth these next 9 games so the Dolphins don't have to use resources at the RB position in the offseason.
    It's rather tough to gauge Landry's worth, which is why he isn't signed long term. I believe E. Sanders money is what he should get but who knows.

As long as we dont spend crazy then we'll get the comp pick. The rumors are that Landry will look for 12million+ and i wouldn't be surprised if he gets it. Teams want Landry, they just aren't giving up a 2nd for a player they can just sign in the off-season.

I'm excited to see Drake get more carries. He's looked good when he's been in there. Plus this could open up more in the offense considering both Williams and Drake are receiving backs. Hopefully teams don't just stack the box every play like they did with Jay.

Same thing happened when we lost Miller in FA. Ajayi stepped up. Hopefully DWill and Drake can open up the offense a bit more. We can spread either out wide and look for mismatches. With Ajayi, we just couldn't. Thats like having Philly spread Blount out wide lol. Weird that they traded for another bruiser. But if you can keep both Ajayi and Blount fresh throughout the game, then I feel very bad for any defense that has to handle those two in a game.

Drake's speed is a killer, something that our offense just doesn't have right now. It will be difficult for the Raiders to gameplan for a more spread attack next week.

Even though I thought Ajayi was our best offensive player, if he was causing problems in the locker room, then I'm all for the trade. But I think they could of gotten better then a 4th rounder. He was a pro bowler last year. At least a 3rd and then have some incentives where if he is used a certain percentage, or hits certain numbers it becomes a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Same thing happened when we lost Miller in FA. Ajayi stepped up. Hopefully DWill and Drake can open up the offense a bit more. We can spread either out wide and look for mismatches. With Ajayi, we just couldn't. Thats like having Philly spread Blount out wide lol. Weird that they traded for another bruiser. But if you can keep both Ajayi and Blount fresh throughout the game, then I feel very bad for any defense that has to handle those two in a game.

Drake's speed is a killer, something that our offense just doesn't have right now. It will be difficult for the Raiders to gameplan for a more spread attack next week.
    The spread attack is more to what HC Gase wants as well. I expect Gase to throw Williams and Drake out wide a lot while putting both players in motion. He's going to force defenses to play small. Unfortunately with this change, we will still have an QB who's scramble ability is mediocre in Moore or Cutler

If this move convinces Gase to stop running every time we have 2nd and 10 then I'll be happy.

we better not trade Landry Ill be pissed

I like this trade because it gives us a little draft ammo in case we need to trade up for Lamar

I'm not in on Guice

Landry is worth 14M. Ajayi wasn't our best O player its Landry

wish we would trade for Jimmy Graham

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast