Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Miami trades RB Jay Ajayi to Eagles for 4th RD Pick

Being reported by Omar and Armando.

Awful value for the best player on the offense. Instead of building around Ajayi they decided to make the offensive line worse and stop him from succeeding. I understand Gase wants to make a point but they just made this team much worse for absolutely no value.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The offense has yet to score a rushing TD and it's not all on the offensive line. But at some point Gase has to realize that the vision he has for the oline isn't working. He hurt Ajayis chances more than he helped.

He must have been deep in Gase's doghouse...

Have to be able to get a 2nd for Landry...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

And this from Jeff Darlington

Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins donít believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

Armando is also reporting that Landry is available for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Being reported by Omar and Armando.

Awful value for the best player on the offense. Instead of building around Ajayi they decided to make the offensive line worse and stop him from succeeding. I understand Gase wants to make a point but they just made this team much worse for absolutely no value.
    Drafted him in the 5th and traded him for a 4th and he is a player with a ticking time bomb on his knee. I'll take it.
    Not upset about the trade nor am I tickled to death by it.
    This is a terrible looking offense without Parker in the lineup.
    If we invest heavily in our o line then many rb's can be successful behind it, not just Ajayi.

Maybe we get real lucky and a desperate team calls us about Pouncey!

Mail it in for this year boys - this wasn't even close to being a playoff team.

Before this even broke, I literally posted in the off-season thread about drafting Guice in the 1st. Didn't expect to see this coming. In my post, i stated that we knew his knees had a limited life span. But for a 4th rd pick? I'm shocked. Completely shocked.

I am going to be cheering for this guy to win a SB this year with Philly now!!! Good luck J-Train!

Wow would have thought at least a 3rd.

Think we might see Landry move as well

And this from Jeff Darlington

Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins donít believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

Armando is also reporting that Landry is available for the right price.
    Landry should net a 2nd easily. We kind of got fleeced with Ajayi cause there is still another year of cheap control over him. I would be crushed if Landry is traded though, unless we get a 2nd back in return, or a player at an area of need (OL).

Guice is my new favorite pick in the 1st if we don't go full tank mode.

There's reports noe that he's been getting into verbal fights with the coaching staff in recent weeks. Obviously there was a problem between him and the coaching staff. And outside of his 3 200 yard games he's averaging 3.6 ypc. Gase is right and he's clearly forcing too much at times.

But here's my problem with the line of thinking that Jay is forcing bad plays and isn't getting the 4 or 5 like Gase said. The oline is rarely making the hole for a 4 or 5. We've all seen how awful this oline is and we've seen how often Jay would get buried behind the line. So what is he supposed to do? Also do we think this is going to get much better with Drake and the running back version of Landry? On top of all of that this shows that Gase still believes it's everyone else's fault and not the oline. When Bushrod is your top graded Olineman there's a problem.

Obviously it was a move that had to be made if all the reports are true. But to give up a 4th for a rb that has so much potential sucks. Especially when we gave up a 5th for a LB that hasn't played. I just think this could become a trade we regret for a few years.

Frank Gore and his knees were doubted early, but 12 years later, 13500yds, 3000 carries and 92 TD's proved many wrong...

I hope Ajayi stays healthy and does well in Philly... They're trending in the right direction...

A 4th rd pick is OK...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Gase doesn't play around.

Dude has been fighting with the coaching staff and worried about the knee's. I'm good with it, RBs are not hard to find and we drafted Drake in the 2nd see what he can do.

There's reports noe that he's been getting into verbal fights with the coaching staff in recent weeks. Obviously there was a problem between him and the coaching staff. And outside of his 3 200 yard games he's averaging 3.6 ypc. Gase is right and he's clearly forcing too much at times.

But here's my problem with the line of thinking that Jay is forcing bad plays and isn't getting the 4 or 5 like Gase said. The oline is rarely making the hole for a 4 or 5. We've all seen how awful this oline is and we've seen how often Jay would get buried behind the line. So what is he supposed to do? Also do we think this is going to get much better with Drake and the running back version of Landry? On top of all of that this shows that Gase still believes it's everyone else's fault and not the oline. When Bushrod is your top graded Olineman there's a problem.

Obviously it was a move that had to be made if all the reports are true. But to give up a 4th for a rb that has so much potential sucks. Especially when we gave up a 5th for a LB that hasn't played. I just think this could become a trade we regret for a few years.
    I think we all would have loved to get more compensation for his services, but his attitude obviously was killing the locker room. Imagine being an offensive lineman with a scum b** RB that you're blocking for. Rumors could surface that Jay has problems with the OL as well. I'm curious to see how this OL blocks for Williams and Drake. Williams and Drake are liked by the organization.

We shall see how this plays out in the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    I'm curious to see how this OL blocks for Williams and Drake. Williams and Drake are liked by the organization.

We shall see how this plays out in the upcoming weeks.
    Good point... Crazy if they get their **it together...

Reggie Lewis

If someone offers a 2nd for Landry today I'd be overjoyed. I've been prepared for Landry to be gone since last year so I can handle that. I just doubt we see a move today because who is going to offer a 2nd who already hasn't talked to us? Everyone has known that we aren't going to resign him and we haven't seen that 2nd yet. And if they do it for anything less than that then they're stupid considering we'll get a 3rd for him after he signs elsewhere.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast