Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 100 of 100
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    How come butter doesn't go sour when not refrigerated? Doesn't it have milk in it? It's a dairy product.

    This topic is on Page 6 and still alive. That's funny. My paranormal thread appears to have grinded to a halt on Page 2. I got beat handily by a ketchup thread.
    I think it's the salt in the butter.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think it's the salt in the butter.
    That's the same reason the Atlantic Ocean doesn't freeze in the winter -- it's full of salt.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    36,021
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    That's the same reason the Atlantic Ocean doesn't freeze in the winter -- it's full of salt.
    As opposed to the other oceans freezing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles:31975124
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    How come butter doesn't go sour when not refrigerated? Doesn't it have milk in it? It's a dairy product.

    This topic is on Page 6 and still alive. That's funny. My paranormal thread appears to have grinded to a halt on Page 2. I got beat handily by a ketchup thread.
    I think it's the salt in the butter.
    Although the salt does act as a preservative, it doesn't spoil as quick as milk simply due to the lactose and water/fat content of the two products. Even though butter is a dairy product like milk, butter have a very low lactose content unlike milk. This sugar pretty much feeds the bacteria that is present in milk. Butter also have very low moisture content due to lower concentration of water, thus making it pretty much inhabitable for bacterial growth. To stir more **** in this thread, you can leave your salted butter in cupboard especially during cold season
    Last edited by mikekhelxD; 11-14-2017 at 04:28 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    16,155
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    That's the same reason the Atlantic Ocean doesn't freeze in the winter -- it's full of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As opposed to the other oceans freezing?
    Salt water has a freezing temp of ~28įF, oceans can freeze. It actually freezing has a lot more factors than the outside temp being 28įF
    Last edited by Ezekial; 11-14-2017 at 05:36 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I prefer dry rub wings. Rarely do I get saucy wings. People think I'm nuts when I order 2-3 different flavours and they are all dry rubs. I tell them the same thing you just said.

    I don't mind some chicken wing sauces but not when it's drenched. If it thinly coats, I am fine, but it's often hard to fine restaurants who do it right.
    Whatever wingstop does, Iím with it

    Mango habanero is so fire, garlic parm, original hot, all with plenty of bleu cheese of course

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,494
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Whatever wingstop does, Iím with it

    Mango habanero is so fire, garlic parm, original hot, all with plenty of bleu cheese of course
    I always go with the mango habanero and lemon pepper. Garlic parmesan, BBQ, and Louisiana Rub are good too. thought

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,806
    I think this thread is proof as to why it would be beneficial to consolidate some forums. I love the food & beverage forum, but threads in here get far more activity. This thread would have lasted like 10-15 replies in the food and beverage forum.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    66,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I think this thread is proof as to why it would be beneficial to consolidate some forums. I love the food & beverage forum, but threads in here get far more activity. This thread would have lasted like 10-15 replies in the food and beverage forum.
    Hit the like button.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,264
    Yes, I love food and beverage but didnít even realize there was a forum for it until not that long ago.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •