Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jimmy G Traded

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Mark my words We will regret the day we traded Jimmy G, Brady has shown his age this last month, yes Brady might be good for another year or 2 but so was montana and so was favre but 49ers and Packers made the smart/difficult move and moved on from their legend QB for the future and neither team has regreted it. We will regret this, Brady already is the GOAT he has nothing left to prove, but he is handcuffing this teams future.

And adding i believe Jimmy G is better fit for this current Patriots team, he can get the ball to Cooks and he is more mobile which is good for when our offensive line breaks down
    You can't make assumptions about JG and the Patriots without knowing the terms of an extension IMO. Plugging in Garappolo, moving Brady, and ripping through 12-4 seasons through 2024 sounds nice on paper -- but ignores the complexities of QB and the cap in today's NFL.

Everyone is so focused on finding Brady's successor in a passing league laden with garbage QB's. But I think it's about finding the next guy at the right price. Which is why the management of Garappolo is so unforgivable: 2nd round pick (not some entitled top 3 guy) who could've maybe, just maybe, signed a team-friendly deal....

Assuming there is in fact tension between BB and RK, I'm curious to know what specifically is the source of it: A) did BB want to move Brady at season's end, franchise/extend Jimmy or B) did BB want to move Brady last off-season (or the deadline) and re-up JG to a value deal of, say, 3 @ ~56M?

Belichick is too smart an economist to not see the dangers of signing Garappolo to top 5 money, so I'm leaning towards B. If it's all about quarterback, this demonstrates a pretty underwhelming ROI:

Highest Paid QB's - 2017
    ​rank | qbName |​ capFigure | teamRecord | playOffs?

​​​1​ |​ Matt Stafford | 27.0M | 9-7

2 | Derek Carr | 25.0M | 6-10

3 | Andrew Luck | 24.6M | 4-12 *

4 | Carson Palmer | 23.4M | 8-8 *

5 | Drew Brees | 24.3M | 11-5 | Y

6 | Kirk Cousins | 23.9M | 7-9

7 | Joe Flacco | 22.1M | 9-7

8 | Aaron Rodgers | 22.0M | 7-9 *

9 | Russell Wilson | 21.9M | 9-7

10 | Ben Roethlisberger | 21.9M | 13-3 | Y

11 | Eli Manning | 21.0M | 3-13

12 | Philip Rivers | 20.8M | 9-7

13 | Cam Newton | 20.7M | 11-5 | Y

14 | Matt Ryan | 20.8M | 10-6 | Y

15 | Tom Brady | 20.5M | 13-3 | Y

* IR
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-02-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    You can't make assumptions about JG and the Patriots without knowing the terms of an extension IMO. Plugging in Garappolo, moving Brady, and ripping through 12-4 seasons through 2024 sounds nice on paper -- but ignores the complexities of QB and the cap in today's NFL.

Everyone is so focused on finding Brady's successor in a passing league laden with garbage QB's. But I think it's about finding the next guy at the right price. Which is why the management of Garappolo is so unforgivable: 2nd round pick (not some entitled top 3 guy) who could've maybe, just maybe, signed a team-friendly deal....

Assuming there is in fact tension between BB and RK, I'm curious to know what specifically is the source of it: A) did BB want to move Brady at season's end, franchise/extend Jimmy or B) did BB want to move Brady last off-season (or the deadline) and re-up JG to a value deal of, say, 3 @ ~56M?

Belichick is too smart an economist to not see the dangers of signing Garappolo to top 5 money, so I'm leaning towards B. If it's all about quarterback, this demonstrates a pretty underwhelming ROI:

Highest Paid QB's - 2017

* IR

It's not rocket science. JG would be your starter if they traded Brady so you pay him starter money. They would've been able to sign him for less than he'll get now and THAT LOWER AMOUNT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BARGAIN PRICE.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO:32076487

Highest Paid QB's - 2017

* IR

It's not rocket science. JG would be your starter if they traded Brady so you pay him starter money. They would've been able to sign him for less than he'll get now and THAT LOWER AMOUNT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BARGAIN PRICE.
    I am saying they should have kept Jimmy for this season to see if brady can survive a whole season, which he is showing he is struggling with arm strength and health, and if Brady shows he stills has it then u transition tag Jimmy and worst comes to worst u get a pick the same pick for him after the season. Makes no sense to trade him for a mid 2nd rd pick, a 1st round pick i would understand but not the pick they got for him
    Last edited by JerseyBrave; 01-03-2018 at 05:36 PM.

I donít usually fault Belichick for anything and his judgement is golden, but this might turn out to hurt pretty bad. Crazy thing is, I donít know whoís to blame because we really donít know what happened or got said between BB & RK behind those closed doors. This thing just doesnít make any sense the way Jimmy was moved, the timing just doesnít add up.........Not to mention that we gave him away when it clearly evident we couldíve got a **** ton more fore him.

Fact is, we better nail a QB pick in the draft real soon.

I feel like weíre about to take some major hits this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy:32077161
    null

I agree makes no sense, and i believe we are gonna go thru a major transition this offseason as well, we have some bad contracts on this team eating up caproom(gilmore), i think they will do someyhing with hightower either renegotiate or release him, aint worth money when he nevers plays, he needs a incentive loaded contract.

Andni have a feeling that some,of our coaches will take some of our free agents with them to theit new teams (like mcdaniels take lewis to indy with him)

And QB hopefuls to replace Jimmy? Rudolph? Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    So throw out a projected contract for discussion sake?
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-03-2018 at 11:22 PM.

A few interesting thoughts are out there from EEI:

The first, from Tomase, is that Kraft stuck by Brady because of a Deflategate guilt complex. He's been hammered for this, but I don't think it's entirely crazy: BK wavered, kinda played both sides, and is using this QB controversy to atone for that mistake.

Ordway on the other hand seems to think Garappolo returning to NE is possible (move JG temporarily to satiate his need to get playing time without pushing out Brady). The mechanics don't make sense, but intuitively it doesn't seem that far-fetched either from the Patriots' end back when they made the deal.

Something else worth considering, from Mike Reiss, is moving JG to the Bay was driven to also free up Hoyer. Could a replacement level BH be a 2-year stopgap if they traded TB this off-season? Perhaps. But without the coaching infrastructure he's doomed.
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-03-2018 at 11:19 PM.

BB loaded up for one more run with TB - this year and if that went well 2018 too.

JG said no to any cheapo contract to hold him. A tag on JG would gut the 2018 team, and maybe for 1-3 years after (assuming TB wouldn't retire after 2017).

BB would not trade JG to the AFC. JG will require a tag(s) or a fat contract (bidding will be nuts if he's a FA) and so he's a big risk, not going to get 4 1sts. I would have been happy with a 2nd, and exchange of picks of 3rd, 4th, and 5th picks. That he could have had IMO. Might have been a moment of frustration or passive-aggressive anger. Might be that he thinks JG is made of glass.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Hate to keep saying it but...they could have gotten one more year out of both Qbs and then trade Brady who's signed through 2019. They'd be set at Qb for the next decade+ and have more and better draft picks for Brady than they got from the Niners for JG.

Reiss is only now getting the fact they traded with the Niners because they needed Hoyer??? I said that after the trade. BB screwed up and needed to deal with them because he had no backup Qb left. But he's not talking about it...!

This is all gonna get even crazier after the ESPN BS tomorrow

Big report scheduled to release from ESPN tomorrow at 8 AM on the details of the Kraft/Brady v. Belichick struggle.

I think this is making sense: Brady is mixing business/TB12 with team matters, has access to the owners' heartstrings who can't accept this era winding down, whereas Belichick wants to stick to the same script he's been following for 19 years (team first, nobody bigger than collective, make shrewd personnel decisions and be proactive).

On Brady's business endeavors: I got the TB12 Method for Christmas and it's a complete waste of money, it was returned. Save your cash. What kind of trainer tells Gronk, who's game is largely based on out-muscling smaller DB's, to NOT squat?! Squats are universally recognized as the most essential lift for building overall strength and this jerk Guerrero wants him to use bands and do reiki instead.

Unless something changes it's likely BB is gone at season's end. I seriously hope Brady didn't ask Kraft to move JG explicitly. If so, the QB and owner will be laying in this mess for the next few seasons -- coaching staff likely gutted with Foxboro turning into some Jazzercise club with TB laughing all the way to the bank.

Belichick is entirely consistent with the way he's been, Kraft and TB simply sold out.
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-04-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Big report scheduled to release from ESPN tomorrow at 8 AM on the details of the Kraft/Brady v. Belichick struggle.

I think this is making sense: Brady is mixing business/TB12 with team matters, has access to the owners' heartstrings who can't accept this era winding down, whereas Belichick wants to stick to the same script he's been following for 19 years (team first, nobody bigger than collective, make shrewd personnel decisions and be proactive).

On Brady's business endeavors: I got the TB12 Method for Christmas and it's a complete waste of money, it was returned. Save your cash. What kind of trainer tells Gronk, who's game is largely based on out-muscling smaller DB's, to NOT squat?! Squats are universally recognized as the most essential lift for building overall strength and this jerk Guerrero wants him to use bands and do reiki instead.

Unless something changes it's likely BB is gone at season's end. I seriously hope Brady didn't ask Kraft to move JG explicitly. If so, the QB and owner will be laying in this mess for the next few seasons -- coaching staff likely gutted with Foxboro turning into some Jazzercise club with TB laughing all the way to the bank.

Belichick is entirely consistent with the way he's been, Kraft and TB simply sold out.
    I agree with a lot here. But Gronk does get hurt a lot. My advice from a distance would have been work on getting full range motion on his lifts and do lots of deep stretching. Gronk's frame and natural strength are amazing. Just pushing for more strength isn't his answer. He seems to be healthier this year for what its worth.

I'm certified in Reiki, which is sort of a joke. However other things are not: cranio-sacral, rolfing, shiatsu, chiro, etc.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345