Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy G Traded

Jimmy G Traded

Pats trade Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for a second round pick

Wow, terrible. They could've acquired more last off-season, plus whatever they just gained they'll spend that (and then some) on TB's replacement.

I know the contract is an issue, but the most coveted asset in pro football and they get basically a late first rounder. Maybe there's another shoe to drop, but I don't understand this one.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985:31950643
    Wow, terrible. They could've acquired more last off-season, plus whatever they just gained they'll spend that (and then some) on TB's replacement.

I know the contract is an issue, but the most coveted asset in pro football and they get basically a late first rounder. Maybe there's another shoe to drop, but I don't understand this one.

Apparently they were only offered a 2nd rd pick for him in the offseason, so could they have gotten more for him not really becayse they were not offered more, and we were not going to franchise him so we would have gotten a late late rd compensation pick him

BB could have gotten more before/at the last draft. I think a few people here were way over the top, but a late 1st and a 3rd would have been easy. They also could have kept if not a replacement for Tom a guy that could be back-up until his first contract was over. We lost him, and lost value on the picks.

Add that to the awful signings this off season and what looked like a good shot at TB winning one more title looks like rebuilding is on the way much faster than expected after the signings were done.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Got mixed emotions on this, but in shock for sure.

Hoyer might be the back-up.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Apparently they were only offered a 2nd rd pick for him in the offseason, so could they have gotten more for him not really becayse they were not offered more, and we were not going to franchise him so we would have gotten a late late rd compensation pick him
    To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if JG flamed out in San Francisco. But I thought the kid showed promise under Belichick/McDaniels. Half of this league has total junk under center, the other ~35% ridiculously overpriced QB contracts (the underrated franchise killer IMO). I was hoping Jimmy on a reasonable extension would've been a nice sweet spot for this team -- unless he's seeking top 10 money.

Let's face it, there are no Pats dynasties had they not drafted TB in the 6th round and had some flexibility with his contract. So there is something to cost control at QB.... But who knows what kinda capital they'll spend just to find someone serviceable.

I'm in a state of shock and awe...

The pick should be good because the Niners suck but now the Pats have to use that pick or another valuable one on a QB next year unless they plan on becoming the Jets when Brady retires.

BB ready to retire?

The Niners might squeeze out some wins with Jimmy and lower the value of the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post

The pick should be good because the Niners suck but now the Pats have to use that pick or another valuable one on a QB next year unless they plan on becoming the Jets when Brady retires.

BB ready to retire?
    Bro, the Jets? Cmon mannnnnnn!

I donít like the move, but trust Bill. Coach has never been shy on moving on, he has to feel Brady has good time left. I highly doubt he uses that pick on a QB with the holes in this defense either. Maybe he has his eye on somebody thatís coming out this year, who knows. I doubt this is last move we make in the next 24hrs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy:31950824
    null

Only makes sense if another trade is planned

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    Bro, the Jets? Cmon mannnnnnn!

I donít like the move, but trust Bill. Coach has never been shy on moving on, he has to feel Brady has good time left. I highly doubt he uses that pick on a QB with the holes in this defense either. Maybe he has his eye on somebody thatís coming out this year, who knows. I doubt this is last move we make in the next 24hrs either.
    Dude, they'll suck when Brady retires...like the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post

BB ready to retire?
    Hard to imagine the Krafts letting that happen without a contingency plan.

Can't rule out Don Yee's hand in this: behind the scenes he and NC are negotiating, then Yee, to protect his two clients, floats out that JG is deserving of top 10 money in this QB starved league. The Pats then determine that an overpriced quarterback is almost just as dangerous as having no quarterback at all -- move on.

Or, to Curran's point: it's possible that the miscalculation was the overall talent level of this team. Had they been stacked and on their way to 15-1, the team could conceivably support two QB's next off-season. But not with all these holes.
    Last edited by elements1985; 10-30-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Great move for SanFran. I'll be watching them more from now on. Hopefully he can be a good player for them.

As for compensation, we don't know what was offered earlier in the offseason, just some rumors.

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 3h

Heard Browns made small offers for JG during this season but nothing near as good as 49ers. And they were not involved today
    This frees up salary for other areas like being able to afford Butler.

Brady's successor will be needed in the next draft or the one after that.

I'm glad we chose Brady even though Jimmy could be great for SF for the next decade+. Ride him out until he retires or gets Bledsoe'd.

Hoyer is likely coming back. Perfect timing to get him up to speed with our bye week here. Or, sign Kaep.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Great move for SanFran. I'll be watching them more from now on. Hopefully he can be a good player for them.

As for compensation, we don't know what was offered earlier in the offseason, just some rumors.

This frees up salary for other areas like being able to afford Butler.

Brady's successor will be needed in the next draft or the one after that.

I'm glad we chose Brady even though Jimmy could be great for SF for the next decade+. Ride him out until he retires or gets Bledsoe'd.

Hoyer is likely coming back. Perfect timing to get him up to speed with our bye week here. Or, sign Kaep.

I have doubts they sign Butler because he's had his butt handed to him a number of times this year and Bademosi will be cheaper next year and is on the rise, and Rowe is starter material. Gilmore will be here for the foreseeable future in all likelihood.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast