Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It sounds like they're not taking a discounted price for the other team taking on all the salary. This could get ugly for whoever trades for him, at least for their farm system anyhow.
    If the Marlins aren't eating (much) salary and are expecting great prospect haul, Stanton is not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Buster Olney ✔@Buster_ESPN
    Some rival execs view the Marlins' prospect asking price for Giancarlo Stanton as shockingly high and somewhat out of touch with reality, and not discounted nearly enough given the whopping $295 million he's owed (with the forthcoming out clause after the 2020 season).

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Sox arn't out, but not the #1 choice. Giants are but have a weak farm system.
    The Red Sox may not be Giancarlo Stantonís No. 1 choice, but he hasnít ruled out them or anyone else as a potential destination at this point, a person with knowledge of Stantonís thinking told NBC Sports Boston on Tuesday.

The Marlins slugger, a bona fide star, is said to have a ďcompletelyĒ open mind about teams interested to trade for him, and is actively trying to be thoughtful about the process ó one he ultimately controls because of a full no-trade clause.

Coming off a 59-homer season, Stanton has been linked to the Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals and Phillies this offseason as the Marlins look to shed the $295 million he could be potentially paid over the next 10 years.

The Boston Herald reported that it was one sourceís understanding that Stanton will not accept a trade to Boston or St. Louis.

Itís only human nature to have preferences, and Stanton does. Thereís an industry belief he would love to go to San Francisco, where heíd be close to home. He grew up in Southern California. But, for the right reasons, Stanton can be persuaded to go most anywhere.

The Red Sox may wind up bowing out of the Stanton sweepstakes for other reasons, ultimately, such as the cost in prospects and dollars, rather than Stantonís preferences.
    http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-...-open-mind?amp

PAPI SMASH!

Even if Stanton won't go to BOS or STL, Miami is still going to drag them through the water to get the most from another team.

This is very annoying as a fan haha

Can't wait for the Dodgers to swoop in last minute and get Stanton after SF, Boston, StL have been working hard on a deal. Oh an let's not forget those mystery teams that Rosenthal, Heyman etc are huge fans of.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    At this point, wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 team deal then to facilitate a trade out west.
    Same. I have a hard time believing the Giants would be willing to take on Stanton's contract without unloading one of like Cueto/ Samardzija and/or Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Can't wait for the Dodgers to swoop in last minute and get Stanton after SF, Boston, StL have been working hard on a deal. Oh an let's not forget those mystery teams that Rosenthal, Heyman etc are huge fans of.
    Guessing this is sarcasm but...
    @Feinsand
    The Dodgers are indeed in the mix for Giancarlo Stanton, according to a source.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Guessing this is sarcasm but...
    @Feinsand
    The Dodgers are indeed in the mix for Giancarlo Stanton, according to a source.
    I saw that, came back here to post that. Ah, baseball offseason. I want to ignore everything but hard to do so.

@NBC10_Joe
    A source tells me that the #RedSox are still very much in play for Giancarlo Stanton. In fact the only reason that he was not hot on Boston right away is because of the cold weather. His top choice is the Dodgers, then the Giants after that if they can put together a contender.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    If the Marlins aren't eating (much) salary and are expecting great prospect haul, Stanton is not going anywhere.
    they'll eat a little bit of salary and get a nice haul of prospects relatively speaking. Ozuna is the guy who is going to net us the most prospects this offseason. They just need to try and squeeze out as much as humanly possible for stanton.

The Dodgers sound like the clear favorite imo. They can part with a guy like Verdugo or Pederson + a couple of lower level, solid ceiling guys and pay that contract no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @NBC10_Joe
    A source tells me that the #RedSox are still very much in play for Giancarlo Stanton. In fact the only reason that he was not hot on Boston right away is because of the cold weather. His top choice is the Dodgers, then the Giants after that if they can put together a contender.
    They cannot!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Dodgers sound like the clear favorite imo. They can part with a guy like Verdugo or Pederson + a couple of lower level, solid ceiling guys and pay that contract no problem.
    Yeah, they could trade Toles, and either Verdugo or Yasiel Diaz (legit Cuban centerfielder) plus a pitcher like Mitch White, and some reliefe prospects. I wonder if they can get Adrian to agree to be traded there to off set the contracts for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Can they though? I know they have **** you money but arenít they right up against the leagues debt service rule? I think itís a ******** rule, but they have to get down to 200 mill from like
    230, which they have money dropping off but Stanton puts them back up above
    Where they were by himself.

Miamiís not taking a bunch of bad contracts back what so ever, so it is a LITTLE more
    Complex than theyíre loaded and can have whatever they want. Otherwise my giants would be totally ****ed lol. I still wonít count those *******s out though.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Yeah, they could trade Toles, and either Verdugo or Yasiel Diaz (legit Cuban centerfielder) plus a pitcher like Mitch White, and some reliefe prospects. I wonder if they can get Adrian to agree to be traded there to off set the contracts for a year.
    I bet money Miami is not taking a single bad contract back. At least NOTHING like
    Gonzo, even if itís one season.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast