Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 247
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,145
    Quote Originally Posted by fl2018 View Post
    Offer from the Cardinals according to Phil Rogers is Reyes, Alcantara, Aledmys Diaz, and Grichuk. Marlins need to take that and run. Would be an incredible start to the rebuild.
    jesus christ

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Hanley would be a straight salary dump that would maybe get them something at the deadline... they could either take him or give up some more money and I would think they’d prefer to actually take him. Dee Gordon would probably play at second (Pedroia is likely to miss a chunk of the year)... then he can move to SS part time... Bogaerts wasn’t good defensively last year either. Between the DH position, and injuries they could make it work. He essentially play the same role that Nunez played at the end of the year except better defensively lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't understand, Dee Gordon when he played as the dodgers SS was THE WORST defender in the league, it isn't a matter of being bad, he was worse than Jeter was, and he did it in less games. He was awful there.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    20,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    You don't understand, Dee Gordon when he played as the dodgers SS was THE WORST defender in the league, it isn't a matter of being bad, he was worse than Jeter was, and he did it in less games. He was awful there.
    Nunez was widely seen among the worst as well lol. I’m not saying he’d play there a lot, but they could probably make it work


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Nunez was widely seen among the worst as well lol. I’m not saying he’d play there a lot, but they could probably make it work


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me put it this way, Dee Gordon was so atrocious defensively that when the dodgers acquired Hanley Ramirez they actively chose to start him at SS instead of shifting him to 2nd or 3rd. The dodgers IMPROVED defensively at SS when they put Hanley Rameriez there.
    His problem was never his glove or range(clearly not his range) his problem was his throws, he was so bad, he made so many throwing errors even on routine throws, that's why he's succeed at 2nd base. Because he doesn't need to make the same throws (distance or speed) at 2nd, so his range and glove play up.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    11,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Let me put it this way, Dee Gordon was so atrocious defensively that when the dodgers acquired Hanley Ramirez they actively chose to start him at SS instead of shifting him to 2nd or 3rd. The dodgers IMPROVED defensively at SS when they put Hanley Rameriez there.
    His problem was never his glove or range(clearly not his range) his problem was his throws, he was so bad, he made so many throwing errors even on routine throws, that's why he's succeed at 2nd base. Because he doesn't need to make the same throws (distance or speed) at 2nd, so his range and glove play up.
    The same happened with Mark Grudzielanek. He was horrible at SS and then when we moved him to 2B he became a better fielder.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    20,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Let me put it this way, Dee Gordon was so atrocious defensively that when the dodgers acquired Hanley Ramirez they actively chose to start him at SS instead of shifting him to 2nd or 3rd. The dodgers IMPROVED defensively at SS when they put Hanley Rameriez there.
    His problem was never his glove or range(clearly not his range) his problem was his throws, he was so bad, he made so many throwing errors even on routine throws, that's why he's succeed at 2nd base. Because he doesn't need to make the same throws (distance or speed) at 2nd, so his range and glove play up.
    Lol no I get it... I know he was awful, it would be a temporary thing though. Pedroia will eventually injure his way out of the lineup lol...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by fl2018 View Post
    Offer from the Cardinals according to Phil Rogers is Reyes, Alcantara, Aledmys Diaz, and Grichuk. Marlins need to take that and run. Would be an incredible start to the rebuild.
    That isn’t the cardinal offer… St. Louis fans would absolutely lose their minds if Reyes was included with Alcantara... That is unless the Marlins are picking up a large chunk of the salary.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    At the moment, at my computer
    Posts
    12,235
    Cardinals really want Stanton, but will he waive the no-trade clause to them? He's specified that he likes the coasts best.

    Red Sox will check in on him but I think they'll opt not to take on his contract and would rather sign JD Martinez or Jay Bruce

    Phillies have no chance of getting him because he'll never trade their no trade clause for them, and I don't think the Marlins want to trade him in division. Same goes for mets.

    That leaves the 2 NL west teams as being the most likely contenders -- Giants and dodgers. Dodgers have more to offer the marlins, but I think the Giants will want Stanton more.




  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,060
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Cardinals really want Stanton, but will he waive the no-trade clause to them? He's specified that he likes the coasts best.

    Red Sox will check in on him but I think they'll opt not to take on his contract and would rather sign JD Martinez or Jay Bruce

    Phillies have no chance of getting him because he'll never trade their no trade clause for them, and I don't think the Marlins want to trade him in division. Same goes for mets.

    That leaves the 2 NL west teams as being the most likely contenders -- Giants and dodgers. Dodgers have more to offer the marlins, but I think the Giants will want Stanton more.
    He may prefer California but STL is prob the best fit given he wants to win, and STL are always contenders. If the Cubs dont improve that pitching staff that NL Central is very much winnable.

    He will waive his nrc for anyone. He wants out of Miami. I wouldnt say the Phillies have "no chance" bc they were one of the four teams Miami has talked to. So obviously they have schance if they offer a compelling package and convince Stanton. Still dont think Miami trades him within NL East.

    I agree i think Red Sox will land JD.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    38,910
    Now reports say Stanton doesn't look likely to accept a trade to BOS or STL and the price for Stanton is "shockingly high"

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,584
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    They should. The question with the Cardinals has never been what they could offer. Its if Stanton likes St Louis. The City, not the Cards themselves.

    As for Boston, i'm thinking he might be playing games with Boras. Think about it. JD realistically has 3 teams who are interested. Red Sox, Cards, and D-Backs. Maybe the Giants but I think they might be a little hesitant. The D-Backs are rumored as well to pass on Martinez's high price, theCards would get Stanton, so that means Boston would be the only ones left.


    He doesn't want to go to Boston either

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,691
    It's pretty obvious Stanton wants to end up on the West coast. He was born and raised in California. The Marlins have every right to ask for the moon. The problem for them is they need competition on the trade market to bring up Stanton's price. If they are limited to the Giants and Dodgers, they're screwed.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,993
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's pretty obvious Stanton wants to end up on the West coast. He was born and raised in California. The Marlins have every right to ask for the moon. The problem for them is they need competition on the trade market to bring up Stanton's price. If they are limited to the Giants and Dodgers, they're screwed.
    At this point, wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 team deal then to facilitate a trade out west.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    29,076
    The Giants have nothing to offer. Sucks for the Marlins.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,115
    It sounds like they're not taking a discounted price for the other team taking on all the salary. This could get ugly for whoever trades for him, at least for their farm system anyhow.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •