Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Talent is important. Not saying it isn't. But your telling me having a good Red Sox and Yankees team is bad for baseball? I understand its not what it used to be. But if you can get a talented Sox and Yankees team it only helps.
    I think getting a rather unknown or unpopular team to gain popularity (via a big time international FA) would be good for baseball too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I wonder how quickly a trade will happen. The November GM meetings this coming week don’t usually bring much action, especially compared to the winter meetings, but I feel like the offseason plans of several teams revolve around stanton. At the same time though, any deal will be very complicated

If the Cards include one of Reyes, Flaherty, or Weaver along with a lesser pitching prospect and an OF, that deal will get done so long as G waives his NTC.

IF the Sox give up one of Benintendi/Devers and Eddy Rodriguez, that deal will get done. I think the Sox deal would include a guy like Bour too. That would make a ton of sense.

Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi
    Sources: In Giancarlo Stanton trade talks, #Marlins have had preliminary communication with #RedSox, #STLCards, #SFGiants, #Phillies. Talks expected to intensify at GM Meetings next week. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Boston is kind of a surprise here. Many of people expected them to go the FA route. I don't think they are the favorites. I think there three most valuable pieces to trade would be Bogaerts, Bradley, and Chavis. They could be the wild card though. Why? Because its Dave ******* Dombrowski. Dealer Dave. How many times have we seen this guy make crazy moves.
    Stanton would rake in Boston. God I hope he doesn't wind up there.

Quote Originally Posted by fl2018 View Post
    If the Cards include one of Reyes, Flaherty, or Weaver along with a lesser pitching prospect and an OF, that deal will get done so long as G waives his NTC.

IF the Sox give up one of Benintendi/Devers and Eddy Rodriguez, that deal will get done. I think the Sox deal would include a guy like Bour too. That would make a ton of sense.
    Sorry man but Benny or Devers arn't going anywhere and i doubt Bour will be included. JBJ and Eddy will likely be the main pieces from the main roster but i got some good news. Also probably going in a potential deal is Michael Chavis. The kid is going to be good. The problem is he has no where to go because Devers is in the way. Jay Groome could go. Although it wouldn't surprise me if DD trys to keep him and sub him with Bryan Mata.

Physical Description: Tall, projectable frame. Very skinny at present with a high waist and long limbs. Needs to add strength and physically mature, but has room to grow.

Mechanics: Throws from a three-quarters arm slot with a low-effort delivery. Mechanics work. Quick arm. Deliberate back, then whips arm forward.

Fastball: 89-92 mph. Tops out at 93 mph. Heavy pitch with late sink. Will show cut at lower velocities. In the early stages of developing command and control. Could add more velocity as he fills out his frame. Potential plus offering in the future.

Curveball: 76-77 mph. 11-to-5 break and two-plane movement. When he snaps it off, pitch will show depth.

Changeup: 82-83 mph. Inconsistent pitch. Deceptive arm speed. Has shown in flashes the ability to turn it over with late fade away from left-handed hitters.

Career Notes: Impressed at 2016 Fall Instructional League. Fit description of unnamed player whom Red Sox declined to include in trade talks during 2016-17 offseason.

Summation: Long way to go developmentally, but an intriguing arm. Has the profile of a potential starting pitcher, as he already shows the beginnings of a three-pitch mix and has a projectable frame. Physical development will be key given how skinny he is at present. High-risk prospect with a low floor, but has some upside.
    http://www.soxprospects.com/players/mata-bryan.htm

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Changeup: 55 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45
    Mata was eligible to sign out of Venezuela in July 2015 but didn't find any takers until the Red Sox offered him a $25,000 bonus six months later. He fared well in his pro debut in the Rookie-level Dominican Summer League, striking out 61 in as many regular-season innings and spinning six shutout frames in the playoffs.

Mata already works in the low 90s and hits 94 mph with late life on his fastball. Given his arm speed and projectable frame, he projects to develop a plus heater. He presently shows more feel for his changeup than his curveball, and both could develop into solid secondary offerings if they become more consistent and he adds some power to his breaking ball.

Making his U.S. debut ahead of schedule and at a higher level than expected when he reported to low Class A in May, Mata is already generating some momentum. He also impressed during instructional league and is one of the more intriguing starting pitching prospects in Boston's system. With his stuff, pitchability and physique, he easily profiles as a No. 4 starter and could grow into more than that.
    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=bos

PAPI SMASH!

Sorry man but Benny or Devers arn't going anywhere and i doubt Bour will be included. JBJ and Eddy will likely be the main pieces from the main roster but i got some good news. Also probably going in a potential deal is Michael Chavis. The kid is going to be good. The problem is he has no where to go because Devers is in the way. Jay Groome could go. Although it wouldn't surprise me if DD trys to keep him and sub him with Bryan Mata.

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/mata-bryan.htm

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=bos
    we'll see. Dombrowski has an m.o.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    This sentiment that Chavis has nowhere to play is false imo. He or Devers could easily wind up at 1B or even LF (Benny moves to right)... I think any deal with the Sox might actually include Gordon too...

Stanton
    Gordon
    Some money (not a ton)

For

Hanley
    Bogaerts
    JBJ
    Eddy Rodriguez
    B level Prospect (San Travis?)
    High ceiling A ball guy

Lol, marlins would then go to the dodgers or cardinals and move on from the sox if thats their offer. Hanley makes no sense for the marlins nor would they want him back here. Bogaerts is a free agent in 2 years, JBJ makes some sense but only as a guy they would flip.

I doubt the marlins make a trade with the Sox if it doesnt include one of Devers or Benintendi. We'll see though.

This sentiment that Chavis has nowhere to play is false imo. He or Devers could easily wind up at 1B or even LF (Benny moves to right)... I think any deal with the Sox might actually include Gordon too...

Stanton
    Gordon
    Some money (not a ton)

For

Hanley
    Bogaerts
    JBJ
    Eddy Rodriguez
    High ceiling A ball guy

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post

Stanton
    Gordon
    Some money (not a ton)

For

Hanley
    Bogaerts
    JBJ
    Eddy Rodriguez
    High ceiling A ball guy

What would you guys do with Dee Gordon? He was one of the worst SS in the league when he played there for the Dodgers, (though he's a legit defensive 2b)

And I'm not sure what the Marlins are supposed to do with Hanley at this point.

For Boston to get Stanton, they may need a 3rd team to get in there to make it all work.

Offer from the Cardinals according to Phil Rogers is Reyes, Alcantara, Aledmys Diaz, and Grichuk. Marlins need to take that and run. Would be an incredible start to the rebuild.

Offer from the Cardinals according to Phil Rogers is Reyes, Alcantara, Aledmys Diaz, and Grichuk. Marlins need to take that and run. Would be an incredible start to the rebuild.
    They should. The question with the Cardinals has never been what they could offer. Its if Stanton likes St Louis. The City, not the Cards themselves.

As for Boston, i'm thinking he might be playing games with Boras. Think about it. JD realistically has 3 teams who are interested. Red Sox, Cards, and D-Backs. Maybe the Giants but I think they might be a little hesitant. The D-Backs are rumored as well to pass on Martinez's high price, theCards would get Stanton, so that means Boston would be the only ones left.

PAPI SMASH!

Where do you see that? Would be a hell of a haul for Miami if STL also takes a good portion of thet contract

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Where do you see that? Would be a hell of a haul for Miami if STL also takes a good portion of thet contract
    it was on MLB network. I think it was more of a type of deal he could see happening rather than any reported offer, but still and informed opinion on what a potential deal could be. Im telling you guys, youre underrating the potential haul miami will get. They will get at least one top prospect +. They will throw in a little bit of money after the opt out but they will get something really quality for stanton to start the rebuild.

If we can get Reyes, one of STL's mlb ready OF's like Bader, and then another lower quality pitching prospect we will accept that in a second.

I dont think Stanton's NTC will be a huge issue. He can always opt out in a few years, STL is a great baseball town, and the marlins could always strong arm him and say we will just keep you and you can stay here during a massive rebuild, which he has already said he doesnt want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    What would you guys do with Dee Gordon? He was one of the worst SS in the league when he played there for the Dodgers, (though he's a legit defensive 2b)

And I'm not sure what the Marlins are supposed to do with Hanley at this point.
    Hanley would be a straight salary dump that would maybe get them something at the deadline... they could either take him or give up some more money and I would think they’d prefer to actually take him. Dee Gordon would probably play at second (Pedroia is likely to miss a chunk of the year)... then he can move to SS part time... Bogaerts wasn’t good defensively last year either. Between the DH position, and injuries they could make it work. He essentially play the same role that Nunez played at the end of the year except better defensively lol.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast