Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Seems like Cards and Giants are the top two landing spots from what Nightengale has said.
    Sorry man, but as far as i'm concerned when it conmed down to biggest of all the major baseball writers, Nightengale is lowest man on the totem pole. 2 years ago, 2 nights before we acquired him, Nightengale said we were out on David Price.He also said we were out on Chris Sale the day before we acquired him. Not saying he isn't reliable, but out of Rosenthal,Buster, Heyman, and a few others he is probably least reliabe

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Sorry man, but as far as i'm concerned when it conmed down to biggest of all the major baseball writers, Nightengale is lowest man on the totem pole. 2 years ago, 2 nights before we acquired him, Nightengale said we were out on David Price.He also said we were out on Chris Sale the day before we acquired him. Not saying he isn't reliable, but out of Rosenthal,Buster, Heyman, and a few others he is probably least reliabe
    Oh I agree.

And even with the Giants being involved I'd still see them landing Stanton as unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Not gonna lie, I really want the Cards to land Stanton. I want him and his contract on our team.

Cardinals will be making some sort of a move before November 20th 40 man deadline. They have too many players they need to protect and have been burned the last two years by the Padres snagging players they didn't want to lose. Moz even made a comment to expect a 3 for 1 or 2 for 1 trade prior to that date. You don't usually get quotes like that from executives.

A 3 for 1 for Stanton by the then would be incredible!

Right now, I see 42 players for the Cards that they would want to protect/carry for their 40. So I am curious what they will do.
    If Stanton is acquired is Piscotty or Grichuk more likely to be dealt for pitching help? Acquiring Stanton doesn't seem like a Cardinal move though. Lengthy injury history combined with a massive contract. Seems like the kind of high risk move St Louis tends to avoid.

Acquiring Yelich seems like a Cardinal move. OBP steady and durable, with a high overall floor. Very little risk involved in acquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Question:

If Jose Hernandez is still alive, do the Marlins still have this fire sale?
    Florida would still have a terrible TV contract, and a fanbase that wouldn't show up to games, so they likely still lose a lot of money in 2017. So yes, the fire sale still likely occurs.
    LVP Heyward Club:

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    You 184 million dollar moron!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Heyward is trash and everyone here knows it, even Bibbers

But those type of "steady" moves have led to the Cards not having a guy in the middle of the order. They haven't had that kind of middle of the order bat since Pujols, and Stanton would be the guy to put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Question:

If Jose Hernandez is still alive, do the Marlins still have this fire sale?
    They would probably be looking to trade him too if he was still alive. At this point he would have been 1 year away from FA and there is no way they would have paid him 200+million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Oh I agree.

And even with the Giants being involved I'd still see them landing Stanton as unlikely.
    There's always Jason Heyward!

I think unless there is a 5th or 6th team in this, it looks like it will come down to 2 teams. The Sox and the Cards. Now there are 2 factors for each teams. For the Cards its Stanton's no trade clause. The Cards have the pieces, they even have a good team. Its the city of St Louis that is the burning question. Does Stanton want to live there in the mid west. Then there is Boston. The factor for them is Miami's "No Trade Clause". Stanton could block St Louis if he doesn't like the city or really wants to go to the Red Sox, but if Miami doesn't like the players they get, they can just reject the deal and the are back to square one.

PAPI SMASH!

According to a Major League source, talks between the Red Sox and Marlins involving a trade for the slugger “may be heating up.”

“They’re definitely in play,” the source said of the Red Sox, who are at least exploring the possibility of acquiring the Majors’ reigning home run king.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...184112096.html
    There goes Dealer Dave again.

PAPI SMASH!

No offense to Cubs and Cards, who are a great rivalry, but if i'm Major League Baseball i want Stanton to go to Boston. Stanton vs Judge, Sale vs Otani, Betts vs Sanchez. Hopefully Chapman returns to form and we can get a true Kimbrel vs Chapman showdown.

PAPI SMASH!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Betts vs Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    Betts vs Sanchez?
    Yeah i know that one is pushing it. Betts is the Sox next best player then i looked on the Yankees and its either him or Didi.Although if you go to the season after this one it could be Betts vs Harper.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Baseball should just focus on marketability over talent now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Baseball should just focus on marketability over talent now.

Talent is important. Not saying it isn't. But your telling me having a good Red Sox and Yankees team is bad for baseball? I understand its not what it used to be. But if you can get a talented Sox and Yankees team it only helps.

PAPI SMASH!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast