Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Marlins to trade Stanton, Gordon, Prado

The Marlins have identified a “preferred path” to paring the team’s slate of player contracts for the 2018 season down to $90MM, according to a report from Barry Jackson and Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. Specifically, the club would like to move the contract of star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton along with those of infielders Dee Gordon and Martin Prado.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...don-prado.html
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Cashman wouldn't dare.... would he?

Please Cards, get involved here.

I like Girsch's moves so far, maybe something gets done?

I broke down Stanton's trade value as +50-75$M. That is worthy of two top 100 prospects, one in the top 50. I argue that's what it would realistically take to land him (with some other moving parts most likely - like if the option is picked up).

I still think the Cubs are the team to land Stanton though.

Gordon and Prado aren't as interesting. I do think Ziegler gets moved, and could be a nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

I broke down Stanton's trade value as +50-75$M. That is worthy of two top 100 prospects, one in the top 50. I argue that's what it would realistically take to land him (with some other moving parts most likely - like if the option is picked up).

Gordon and Prado aren't as interesting. I do think Ziegler gets moved, and could be a nice find.
    Feel like your surplus is a little high but he's impossible to project because he just hasn't been consistently amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Feel like your surplus is a little high but he's impossible to project because he just hasn't been consistently amazing.
    Agreed.

The Cubs would be better off keeping their younger players and waiting another year and signing Harper instead.

lol he won't cost two top 100 prospects

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I know the angels showed interest in Gordon at the deadline.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marcell Ozuna gets traded since he has only 2 years left and will get expensive in arbitration.

I can't see the Cubs landing Stanton and taking on that big contract when they already have Heywards huge contract and in a few years will have to pony up serious $ for Bryant and maybe Rizzo. Also if Cubs can afford to do so, they'll likely invest in Harper next year.

I see Cardinals landing Stanton, they have the payroll and young talent to get it done.

Giancarlo Stanton and the statue to the Giants for Lou Seal. You heard it here first.

I wish the Mets had the minor league prospects, money or the balls to trade for Stanton. Sadly they have none of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Giancarlo Stanton and the statue to the Giants for Lou Seal. You heard it here first.
    But wouldn't that leave the Krazy Krabb as the mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    But wouldn't that leave the Krazy Krabb as the mascot?
    So be it for Stanton.

If you take Prado’s full contract with Stanton, a team might be able to give up less than for Stanton alone.

If teams wouldn't even claim Stanton out of fear they just got straight assigned his contract IDK why people now think teams will actually give up value for him. Maybe if MIA offset those financial concerns by eating some money but that defeats their purpose of moving him.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast