Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Well what do ya know....Ozuna traded.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Scott Boras calls the Marlins a "pawn shop" and takes shots at Derek Jeter- http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...come-pawn-shop

He does have a point about ownership vetting, but sadly, all of the MLB owners who approved this deal were looking out for the value of their own franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Scott Boras calls the Marlins a "pawn shop" and takes shots at Derek Jeter- http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...come-pawn-shop

He does have a point about ownership vetting, but sadly, all of the MLB owners who approved this deal were looking out for the value of their own franchises.
    He probably got tipped off on the Ozuna deal before his comments? Anyways, it seems like "Build Around Bour" mode now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well what do ya know....Ozuna traded.
    Strange. I could have sworn he wasnít being dealt this winter.

Everything is topsy turvy; I feel faint.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post

I canít stand Boras but he certainly has a point. Marlins are being operated like a business just trying to raise the value of the franchise rather than be competitive, itís stupid. Whatís also stupid is how they got approved in the first place if they canít afford ****. I saw a tweet before that Jeter and co are penny pinching yet Mark cuban canít grt approved to own a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I canít stand Boras but he certainly has a point. Marlins are being operated like a business just trying to raise the value of the franchise rather than be competitive, itís stupid. Whatís also stupid is how they got approved in the first place if they canít afford ****. I saw a tweet before that Jeter and co are penny pinching yet Mark cuban canít grt approved to own a team.
    Cuban would have to take money out of his pocket to fund a winner in Miami. If MLB ever allows him to own a team (they won't), I'm sure he would want a franchise that is profitable and he wouldnt need to his own funds to win games.

It wouldn't have mattered much anyway. Whether it was Jeter's ownership group or Loria, they were both going to dump payroll at some point.

The media needs to stop paying attention to Boras. Does the Marlins firesale really affect his bottom line? No he's just being a greedy prick.

Now its being reported Realmuto wants to be traded as well. Wonder how long it takes before Yelich demands a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    First of all, Boras' opinion means nothing to anybody in the game of baseball. Especially the owners. Second.....baseball is a business first, and a sport second. Making money trumps winning. Do all owners want to win? Of course they do. Are they going to lose money to do it? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    First of all, Boras' opinion means nothing to anybody in the game of baseball. Especially the owners. Second.....baseball is a business first, and a sport second. Making money trumps winning. Do all owners want to win? Of course they do. Are they going to lose money to do it? Not a chance.
    Yup. I've said it before: E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is always about money. And that is certainly not only restricted to baseball/sports.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Could a salary floor minimum help mandate the Marlins to spend some $ and at least be like the Arizona Coyotes of the MLB? In other words, they have some expensive contracts, a good deal of talent, still position themselves to try to be competitive, and have moves that actually worked out? Coyotes got Raanta, Stepan, and Hjalmarsson all last year for those who pay attention to the NHL.

Marlins can give stupid contracts to get around a salary floor, but it forces them to spend $ at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Could a salary floor minimum help mandate the Marlins to spend some $ and at least be like the Arizona Coyotes of the MLB? In other words, they have some expensive contracts, a good deal of talent, still position themselves to try to be competitive, and have moves that actually worked out? Coyotes got Raanta, Stepan, and Hjalmarsson all last year for those who pay attention to the NHL.

Marlins can give stupid contracts to get around a salary floor, but it forces them to spend $ at least.
    Why would you want them to waste money on bad players just to reach an arbitrary floor and delay or make their rebuild harder?

They should be investing every dollar into debt service and ammy signings and development.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061