Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Do we have a problem with police brutality / violence in the US of A?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely. It's a problem

    14 70.00%
  • No. Police are doing their job the best they can

    6 30.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 129
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Well I agree.

    Never said there was, yet. We don't have all the facts. Assumptions are dangerous.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about? The jury heard ALL the facts and they found him not guilty. The only one making an assumption is you. That police corruption exists, so it must exist here.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,129
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    What are you talking about? The jury heard ALL the facts and they found him not guilty. The only one making an assumption is you. That police corruption exists, so it must exist here.
    We aren't talking about the same here. I'm taking about the cop that made the dude crawl on his hands and knees before running him down like something out of Contra. What incident are you talking about? [emoji848]

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    We aren't talking about the same here. I'm taking about the cop that made the dude crawl on his hands and knees before running him down like something out of Contra. What incident are you talking about? [emoji848]

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    The same one. 1:30 minute video. Cop acted like an idiot. Jury heard all the facts and found him not guilty of murder. You assume thereís police corruption but have no actual facts or evidence of it in this case. What am I missing?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    25,632
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The same one. 1:30 minute video. Cop acted like an idiot. Jury heard all the facts and found him not guilty of murder. You assume thereís police corruption but have no actual facts or evidence of it in this case. What am I missing?
    FWIW, having served for 4 months on a grand jury in Massachusetts, all 20 of us took our responsibilities very seriously. Cant speak for every jury but when the stakes are high I think 9 of 10 or better people genuinely try to apply the law fairly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,129
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The same one. 1:30 minute video. Cop acted like an idiot. Jury heard all the facts and found him not guilty of murder. You assume thereís police corruption but have no actual facts or evidence of it in this case. What am I missing?
    I never said there was police corruption with this particular incident lol.

    My point was that corruption in police departments in the US happens.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I agree this cop was an idiot. But saying he should be convicted of murder only based on one minute and 30 secs is not what this countryís legal system is based on. Without looking into it previously, Iím sure there was other evidence and testimony as part of the trial for the jury to find him not guilty.

    I also donít disagree that cops having a bad day can lead to someone losing their lives but the same can be said for a few professions, including doctors. More people die from doctors having a bad day than cops except those cases are settled by malpractice suits. Iím not saying I donít sympathize with the victim here but thereís a reason juries find it difficult to convict cops. Thatís the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    The reason they find it difficult is because of influence and corruption.

    How can you compare medical malpractice to dumping rounds out of an automatic weapon into a defenseless person on the ground? Just lol. Of course one is settled by a suit and the other goes to trial.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I never said there was police corruption with this particular incident lol.

    My point was that corruption in police departments in the US happens.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Above is the first thing you said to me regarding this case. It was in response to my comment regarding this case. Again, the only one making an assumption is you.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    FWIW, having served for 4 months on a grand jury in Massachusetts, all 20 of us took our responsibilities very seriously. Cant speak for every jury but when the stakes are high I think 9 of 10 or better people genuinely try to apply the law fairly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Most jurors take their responsibility seriously. They may not get it right 100% of the time but they are the ones who hear all the evidence and are best suited to make those decisions.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,033
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The same one. 1:30 minute video. Cop acted like an idiot. Jury heard all the facts and found him not guilty of murder. You assume thereís police corruption but have no actual facts or evidence of it in this case. What am I missing?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...208-story.html

    this video?

    The cop got away with murder. That is murder dude.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...208-story.html

    this video?

    The cop got away with murder. That is murder dude.
    Yes that video. The jury, who heard all of the evidence, disagreed and acquitted the cop. That is fact.

    We can sit here and debate that video, but our opinions donít matter. Itís like Star Wars fans arguing over TLJ.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,129
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Above is the first thing you said to me regarding this case. It was in response to my comment regarding this case. Again, the only one making an assumption is you.
    Ok well this is a convo that seems to have gone over a week, you'll have to excuse me for not being on top of what feels like several discussions at once.

    My first post, I say something about corruption, maybe relating to a lack of evidence at the time.

    I only watched the video that day, and haven't followed up at all on the aftermath.

    Corruption in law enforcement exists. In this particular situation? I don't know for certain.

    I've maintained two constant ideas here and won't backtrack on them:

    1. Police corruption is absolutely a thing.

    2. That cop murdered a defenseless man on his hands and knees.


    If you have a problem with either of those two statements, I'll be here defending them.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,354
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes that video. The jury, who heard all of the evidence, disagreed and acquitted the cop. That is fact.

    We can sit here and debate that video, but our opinions donít matter. Itís like Star Wars fans arguing over TLJ.
    Why are you acting like that is definitive? You are aware that hundreds and thousands of cases are overturned correct?

    Is your argument that a juries decision is infallible and correct every time?

    In regards to the video, it's painfully obvious the suspect was trying to comply with the instructions of the officer and was noticeably terrified. The officer deciding to shoot him there seems pretty F-d up.
    Last edited by valade16; 01-02-2018 at 03:49 PM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,129
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes that video. The jury, who heard all of the evidence, disagreed and acquitted the cop. That is fact.

    We can sit here and debate that video, but our opinions donít matter. Itís like Star Wars fans arguing over TLJ.
    Who cares about the judge decision here (here being, the acknowledgement of this being a murderous act.)

    Just because you get acquitted by law doesn't make it not murder. There just wasn't enough for a conviction.

    Don't confuse legal / illegal with right / wrong.

    We murdered many people over OIF and OEF. I would know. Just because we as soldiers were protected by (shady) government officials and the Geneva convention, doesn't make it not murder.

    I've asked this question to peoples face before and never get a response worth contemplating: what separates men like me from men like the guy who shot up the theater during the Batman movie? The flag on my shoulder? Don't be naive. If the victims were innocent, and the pleasure or fulfillment was the same, there is no difference. That's something I will toil with internally all my life. One man's patriot is another man's terrorist and vica versa.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,033
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes that video. The jury, who heard all of the evidence, disagreed and acquitted the cop. That is fact.

    We can sit here and debate that video, but our opinions donít matter. Itís like Star Wars fans arguing over TLJ.
    the jury is wrong. The ****ing cop murdered him. Convictions are overturned every day.

    When police are allowed to walk after committing acts like that, it's no wonder people lose more faith in cops by the day.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the jury is wrong. The ****ing cop murdered him. Convictions are overturned every day.

    When police are allowed to walk after committing acts like that, it's no wonder people lose more faith in cops by the day.
    Well said. Good post.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk


    #Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,749
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why are you acting like that is definitive? You are aware that hundreds and thousands of cases are overturned correct?

    Is your argument that a juries decision is infallible and correct every time?

    In regards to the video, it's painfully obvious the suspect was trying to comply with the instructions of the officer and was noticeably terrified. The officer deciding to shoot him there seems pretty F-d up.
    Itís funny how juries are only wrong when you seem to think they are wrong. Yes, on occasion, juries get it wrong. But in most cases they get it right.

    My point is, that the jury is more well informed and unbiased than anyone, especially on this forum, to make a decision and they did. Their decision may not be infallible but it certainly carries enough weight that this dude cannot be tried for murder again.

    Nothing is painfully obvious in the video, hence 12 complete strangers disagreeing with your outlook.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •