Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    didn't read anyone else yet. I like him. He can be a difference maker defensively. Guys feed of it. He has great court vision and awareness. always in the right place. He needs to adjust to NBA officiating. if he develops into the kind of player we want him to be I think he will be known as a defender and get less BS fouls then most but he needs to adjust. He has to tighten his handle big time. I think if he does his decision making and feel will allow him to find some lanes for himself. he also needs to become a shooter. He looks confident and he knows what shots he should take and when to move the ball but he has to become a shooter. I don't think he is going to be a James Harden break you down guy so he has knock down shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Get vibes of Andre Miller. Quiet game, fundamental, team based. Not gonna light you up, but can be more than effective. Would be nice if he ever develops that post game, has size.

Or maybe I'm just hoping for that, always loved Millers game. Wished he would have been a Knick at some point.

As PC just said, tough finding a game changing franchise cornerstone at 8. Hasn't been many of them. Funny enough, guess who was an 8 pick..Andre Miller
    he he had miller handle I think he'd be real good. Miller didn't shake anyone but he was never shook. I remember Shump trying to pick up full on him and Miller clamly brought the ball down the floor. Got right where he wanted to go. Dude couldn't shake you but had a great handle

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I see him as george hill on offense and beverly on defense.
    Love it

So far I'm not impressed but I also didn't expect much. Hoping I'm wrong.

Haven't seen much from Frank except for a few flashes which is good. It'll take some time. Just glad we got Jarrett Jack to hold it down and mentor the kid. I think we got a pretty good squad. Just need to ditch a few pieces (Ahem, Noah. *cough*cough*)

IT'S ON NOW...

He struggled yesterday which you expect. If turns into George Hill with elite defense thatís an all star guard.

And for the DSJ lovers (notice you guys havenít updated and remind us how great he is) has been bad averaging 11pts on 39% FG horrible defender and is already experiencing knee issues.

Derrick Rose lite

Handle can be worked on... worst case though Frank is tall enough and def long enough to play SG or SF... especially as he gets bigger and stronger. He's a smart player, good defender, unselfish, great character guy, and his shot looks pretty good.

DSJ has been trash and if KP becomes the absolute mid-post force that he's showing to be do we really want to pair him with a ball dominant erratic PG? Frank seems like a great piece to mold around KP's post game.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    So far I'm not impressed but I also didn't expect much. Hoping I'm wrong.
    If you aren't at all impressed, I am guessing you like more offensive players who score?
    Because Frank's d has been very impressive. He admittedly wasn't great last night but it was his first back to back and he sill isn't fully recovered from his injury. (His injury is most likely completely healed but his stamina isn't close to being where it needs to be)
    He sees the court very well. He makes very crisp passes.

If those things aren't impressive, what kinds of things would impress you?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    DSJ has been trash and if KP becomes the absolute mid-post force that he's showing to be do we really want to pair him with a ball dominant erratic PG? Frank seems like a great piece to mold around KP's post game.
    It's posts like these...

Everyone says Frank is only 19, be patient.

Smith has flashed more than almost any rookie outside of Tatum, Fox and Markkenen, is starting and is averaging 11 and 6 and he's trash?

Compare that to what Frank is doing at the same age. There is such a double standard just because Frank is in a Knicks uniform. Everyone in Dallas is pleased with him and for good reason, yet from the outside looking in we look at some numbers and say he's trash. What do you think people think of Frank then?

Smith has played 6 games this season:

16/10/3 50%

10/1/6 27%

19/5/1 66%

9/9/3 28%

12/8/2 41%

2/1/3 14% (only played 17 min in a blowout loss)

What more do you expect from a rookie 19 year old? If Frank flashed that much, we would all be ecstatic. Smith's only issue seems to be consistency, which is what most rookies go through.

I can't say Frank can't break down a defense, but we can call one of the better rookies in the league trash...smh.

No one has brought him up because it's beating a dead horse, but posts like these is just encouraging people to keep it going.

The reason why you would pair him with DSJ is so he can have help...another person that can break down a defense that is just as good of a passer. You're basically saying let KP do all the work and just have some shooters around him. That won't work.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-31-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's posts like these...

Smith has flashed more than almost any rookie outside of Tatum, Fox and Markkenen, is starting and is averaging 11 and 6 and he's trash?

Compare that to what Frank is doing at the same age. There is such a double standard just because Frank is in a Knicks uniform. Everyone in Dallas is pleased with him and for good reason, yet from the outside looking in we look at some numbers and say he's trash. What do you think people think of Frank then?
    I thought the game before last was DSJ's best. 12-8-6 is a very respectable line for any PG much more so for a rookie. He was bad last night but so was Frank. I think the difference is Frank plays D even when his O isn't good. DSJ doesn't

As you said, they are both 19, so they need time but I think Frank's development will take longer. Smith is what he is, a dynamic scorer who can also pass the ball. He's an exciting player. We still have no clue what Frank will become. We only know he's very smart. He sees the court well and he plays di with effort and skill

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I thought the game before last was DSJ's best. 12-8-6 is a very respectable line for any PG much more so for a rookie. He was bad last night but so was Frank. I think the difference is Frank plays D even when his O isn't good. DSJ doesn't

As you said, they are both 19, so they need time but I think Frank's development will take longer. Smith is what he is, a dynamic scorer who can also pass the ball. He's an exciting player. We still have no clue what Frank will become. We only know he's very smart. He sees the court well and he plays di with effort and skill
    Exactly...we can't sit here and baby Frank and then turn around and criticize another rookie that's clearly been better. That makes no sense. He's averaging 11/6/3. Lol that's better than George Hill's career numbers (sorry for continuing to bring him up, just think it's funny that some would be happy with that outcome). He will get better, just like Frank will.

Also, when exactly has Frank's O been good? I think we're talking about two guys that are developed more than others their age on different sides of the ball and that need work on the other end.

I doubt any of us have actually caught a Mavs game to say exactly how bad Smith has been on defense. Just let them be right now. I think we all know who will end up being the better player this year, there's no need to keep bringing it up...but posts like that are exactly why some people keep doing it.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-31-2017 at 12:13 PM.

im not down on DSJ.. but i'm not down on Frank either... both should be very good, albeit different players. Frank's skillset seems more unique though.

Frank is a pretty unique player. His defense is already borderline elite and he shows good composure on the offensive end. His shot is sound as is his decision making. In order to be a difference maker he will have to start creating off the dribble, though. If he can sort that out, that can raise his ceiling from solid starter to potential star.

I don't want to hijack this thread with a DSJ vs Frank talk. What I will say in that regard is DSJ overtime could become a defensive liability. He's definitely not trash but I think Frank's ceiling is higher and there's more value because he's a more than capable defender and a steady player on offense.

Anyways, I look forward to year 3 Frank. I think we will really be rethinking how the draft shook out and recognize how lucky we were to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's posts like these...

Smith has played 6 games this season:

16/10/3 50%

10/1/6 27%

19/5/1 66%

9/9/3 28%

12/8/2 41%

2/1/3 14% (only played 17 min in a blowout loss)

What more do you expect from a rookie 19 year old? If Frank flashed that much, we would all be ecstatic. Smith's only issue seems to be consistency, which is what most rookies go through.

I can't say Frank can't break down a defense, but we can call one of the better rookies in the league trash...smh.

No one has brought him up because it's beating a dead horse, but posts like these is just encouraging people to keep it going.

The reason why you would pair him with DSJ is so he can have help...another person that can break down a defense that is just as good of a passer. You're basically saying let KP do all the work and just have some shooters around him. That won't work.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast