Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744159

Read this.

"He's first in steals per 100 possessions and second in deflections per 36 minutes (both stats minimum five games games), according to NBA.com. "

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744159

Read this.

"He's first in steals per 100 possessions and second in deflections per 36 minutes (both stats minimum five games games), according to NBA.com. "
    I thought that was a great article. Thanks for the share

Frank is going to be just fine. I understand why people may have their concerns of how tentative he has been, but really that's all about his high basketball IQ. He has skills on offense he needs to work on and he's aware of that, he's just not forcing the issue. Sometimes too passive, for sure, but that will come when he's more comfortable and adjusted to the NBA game vs the foreign one.

Regardless of how much credit you want to give him individually, the fact of the matter is that our offense has been far superior with him on the court.

On
    ORating - 114.0
    eFG% - .564
    AST% - 62.1%

Off
    ORating - 107.3
    eFG% - .508
    AST% - 54.9%

The great thing about Frank is that he understands the value of the simple play. He doesn't over dribble, he's not concerned about padding his assists as he gets them all completely in the flow of the game and he already has a fairly good feel on how to feed each player despite not having a whole lot of time with them on the court to build chemistry.

Skills can be worked on plenty, but the things that make Frank so promising cannot. People need to be a lot more patient with the development process, especially with a raw prospect.

Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 6.8 PPG in his rookie season at age 19. He shot .414 from the field, played 24.6 MPG and started just 23 of 77 games. Like Giannis was, Frank is still weak, unsure of his skills and has offensive skills he needs to refine to unlock his talent on that end. If Frank has a rookie season similar to Giannis don't be shocked or think his career is over.

Just to put something in perspective.

The Greek Freak averaged 7ppg, 4rebs and 2 assists in 25 minutes per game as a 19 year old rookie.

Freak and Frank have the same wing span and Frank is probably a better shooter than the Freak right now. Freak grew from 6'9" to 6'11" in 3 years and is dominating everybody because of his length.

My point is Frank is still a kid. In 2 years I think he will be a better all around Pg than Ball, DSJ, Fox and Fultz just because his IQ is so high for his age and he is probably not done growing.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Frank is going to be just fine. I understand why people may have their concerns of how tentative he has been, but really that's all about his high basketball IQ. He has skills on offense he needs to work on and he's aware of that, he's just not forcing the issue. Sometimes too passive, for sure, but that will come when he's more comfortable and adjusted to the NBA game vs the foreign one.

Regardless of how much credit you want to give him individually, the fact of the matter is that our offense has been far superior with him on the court.

On
    ORating - 114.0
    eFG% - .564
    AST% - 62.1%

Off
    ORating - 107.3
    eFG% - .508
    AST% - 54.9%

The great thing about Frank is that he understands the value of the simple play. He doesn't over dribble, he's not concerned about padding his assists as he gets them all completely in the flow of the game and he already has a fairly good feel on how to feed each player despite not having a whole lot of time with them on the court to build chemistry.

Skills can be worked on plenty, but the things that make Frank so promising cannot. People need to be a lot more patient with the development process, especially with a raw prospect.

Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 6.8 PPG in his rookie season at age 19. He shot .414 from the field, played 24.6 MPG and started just 23 of 77 games. Like Giannis was, Frank is still weak, unsure of his skills and has offensive skills he needs to refine to unlock his talent on that end. If Frank has a rookie season similar to Giannis don't be shocked or think his career is over.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Just to put something in perspective.

The Greek Freak averaged 7ppg, 4rebs and 2 assists in 25 minutes per game as a 19 year old rookie.

Freak and Frank have the same wing span and Frank is probably a better shooter than the Freak right now. Freak grew from 6'9" to 6'11" in 3 years and is dominating everybody because of his length.

My point is Frank is still a kid. In 2 years I think he will be a better all around Pg than Ball, DSJ, Fox and Fultz just because his IQ is so high for his age and he is probably not done growing.
    Yup. PG is hardest position on NBA floor. Yet we want to rush him. Why, because we are wowwed about everyone else on athletism. But IQ is also another way to beat teams, ask CP3.

On
    ORating - 114.0
    eFG% - .564
    AST% - 62.1%

Off
    ORating - 107.3
    eFG% - .508
    AST% - 54.9%

This is fantastic post.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

On
    ORating - 114.0
    eFG% - .564
    AST% - 62.1%

Off
    ORating - 107.3
    eFG% - .508
    AST% - 54.9%

Great post but the bolded is fantastic and so very true. It's hard for us to acknowledge the beauty of that simplicity. It doesn't jump out at you. IT doesn't wow you. It just sits there quietly and makes everything slow down and easy.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

We just need him to get more aggressive on offense. He definitely runs the offense well for a 19 year old and thatís promising. I think with experience and confidence he can learn to choose his spots on when to penetrate and set up his teammates. Heís a smart enough player to understand it but it will come with time. I also wanted to make another point... every time heís on the court we just look like we are playing better. He doesnít do stuff that fills up the stat sheet but he makes the right play which is something you donít see in 19 year olds. Huge plus.

I wonder if the age of the posters has to do with how they view Frank?
    Teddy, Foxhound, OldSchool, Heartofstarks, Geer091, Briingbackoakley, Cheetos, Colinskik, Kyubi256 are you guys around 40 or older ?
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-15-2017 at 09:06 AM.

How does my age have to do with my out look of Frank? And no I'm not 40 or over. Frank is a young stud in the making. Film and gym rat. With one of the highest bball iqs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    How does my age have to do with my out look of Frank? And no I'm not 40 or over. Frank is a young stud in the making. Film and gym rat. With one of the highest bball iqs in the game.

Frank's style of play isn't flashy and I was curious if patience to see him grow was more of an older mentality
    Patience. That's why i was wondering.
    I see my nephews and why they like players, it's all about the flash. Frank is not that.
    I was just curious and my presumption was incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder if the age of the posters has to do with how they view Frank?
    Teddy, Foxhound, OldSchool, Heartofstarks, Geer091, Briingbackoakley, Cheetos, Colinskik, Kyubi256 are you guys around 40 or older ?
    Kink I am one of the oldest here, and don't think age has to do with it:

I am a fan of Frank's but any time a team goes against the draft board he will be compared for years and tied to that player........that is just how it goes, if Knick fans like it or not.

Here is something I learned many years ago, if you have to constantly defend something then there is a legit something to defend.

As many have said you can't make a decision today or even next year for that matter, not a soul thought KP would be this good in year three, not good as tops in the league, that is off the charts. And Towns was easily the better player no comparison.

So all we can do now is hope for a repeat, because to be honest today Frank is not the better player and I see Smith each game improving, but he is also putting up numbers on a really bad team.

I also read posts from guys that have been around here awhile and it's ok to be a bit skeptical as well, I remember this guy Toney Douglas.........I remember this forum, I remember how he was the steal of the draft, he was a trade with the Lakers and we got him at #29.
    He came out blazing with defense and had trouble driving and shooting, sound familiar?

In year two I'll never forget this because it was my brothers B-day in 2010 and he dropped 30 points, well you could imagine the game thread, all the posts how he was better than the guys chosen in the top 10.

I also remember sitting right behind the scorers table and right in front of Mike D, he was in a full court press all by himself and the other pg simply gave up the ball and said "I can't do a damn thing against him" and watched Mike's face almost explode with laughter.

My point Knick fans have always overrated their players, then when time comes bash them.

Shumpert comes to mind as another Defensive Gem who Knick fans thought was the next superstar, the next great thing, I remember I was all in on trading him for a first but we didn't and I got bashed.
    Well we got a second in the end and he does not look good at all recently.

My point- this debate will gone on and on, and Knick fans just have to accept it, and the constant defending? That will happen all by itself with how Frank and the team plays as a unit.

You know who I see early on, is Michael Ray Richardson, he was a steal machine and made the all defensive team and had some nice offense games and teamed with Sugar Ray.

Kind of our Frank and Jr tandem, and having a KP and Kanter is not a terrible thing.

So sit back and enjoy the ride time will be the tell all, but if its constant defending, that's not enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Frank's style of play isn't flashy and I was curious if patience to see him grow was more of an older mentality
    Patience. That's why i was wondering.
    I see my nephews and why they like players, it's all about the flash. Frank is not that.
    I was just curious and my presumption was incorrect.
    Oh ok. I think there is merit to that take. My nephew is the same way lol. The dunkers to him are the best players in the league. I just believe in all my years of watching basketball, 25+years a lot of these flashy guys rely way to much on that. They just use that to get by. However its the high IQ guys who know how to play the game that seem to stick.

I'm big on Frank because he is so instinctual, and natural. He doesn't force anything. I do not see Dennis Smith as the better player at all. I don't see any PG in that draft as the better player. I think I was one of the first guys to pine for Frank. This was way before we drafted him. Does that make me better, obviously not. I just believe he will be a very good lead guard, for a long time. Will he put up 25+ points a game yearly? I do not believe so. I see more of a 14ppg, 10 apg, 5rpg, 3spg guy who is 1st team all defense and a 3 or 4 time DOP. Someone who makes the entire team better the moment he steps on the floor. I see the perfect compliment to KP. Lets also take into account he's a gym, and film rat. He will always be one of the hardest working guys in the league.

I think Dennis Smith is a good player. I just see Frank as a more impactful player, and therefore the better player. If Frank wasn't there i'd have taken Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Kink I am one of the oldest here, and don't think age has to do with it:

I am a fan of Frank's but any time a team goes against the draft board he will be compared for years and tied to that player........that is just how it goes, if Knick fans like it or not.

Here is something I learned many years ago, if you have to constantly defend something then there is a legit something to defend.

As many have said you can't make a decision today or even next year for that matter, not a soul thought KP would be this good in year three, not good as tops in the league, that is off the charts. And Towns was easily the better player no comparison.

So all we can do now is hope for a repeat, because to be honest today Frank is not the better player and I see Smith each game improving, but he is also putting up numbers on a really bad team.

I also read posts from guys that have been around here awhile and it's ok to be a bit skeptical as well, I remember this guy Toney Douglas.........I remember this forum, I remember how he was the steal of the draft, he was a trade with the Lakers and we got him at #29.
    He came out blazing with defense and had trouble driving and shooting, sound familiar?

In year two I'll never forget this because it was my brothers B-day in 2010 and he dropped 30 points, well you could imagine the game thread, all the posts how he was better than the guys chosen in the top 10.

I also remember sitting right behind the scorers table and right in front of Mike D, he was in a full court press all by himself and the other pg simply gave up the ball and said "I can't do a damn thing against him" and watched Mike's face almost explode with laughter.

My point Knick fans have always overrated their players, then when time comes bash them.

Shumpert comes to mind as another Defensive Gem who Knick fans thought was the next superstar, the next great thing, I remember I was all in on trading him for a first but we didn't and I got bashed.
    Well we got a second in the end and he does not look good at all recently.

My point- this debate will gone on and on, and Knick fans just have to accept it, and the constant defending? That will happen all by itself with how Frank and the team plays as a unit.

You know who I see early on, is Michael Ray Richardson, he was a steal machine and made the all defensive team and had some nice offense games and teamed with Sugar Ray.

Kind of our Frank and Jr tandem, and having a KP and Kanter is not a terrible thing.

So sit back and enjoy the ride time will be the tell all, but if its constant defending, that's not enjoyment.
    I understand the points you made, but Frank and Douglas are not close at all. Douglas was undersized, 24 at the time he was drafted, and lacked a willingness to get better. He was exactly what we got. Frank is so much more projectable and already better than Douglas ever was. You know that right? Shumps injury really robbed him of a better career too, and unfortunately was brought into a bad environment mentally.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast