Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

So as we continue to follow our young Knickerbocker's career, I'm starting to see something that makes me feel and think that we got ourselves a bonafide POTENTIAL future star on our hands.

To me his game reminds me of the following players in terms of when they came into the league and how they matured:

1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. George Hill
    3. Shaun Livingston
    4. Mike Conley
    5. Jrue Holiday

So you're probably looking at the list and saying how in the world do you compare him to Kawhi or Livingston...

It looks like Frank is a tremendous 2-way player that plays a balanced game and his defense doesn't take away from his offensive game. He's also a creative passer and excellent defender due to his size with solid dribble. All of those guys posses aspects of this. I STRONGLY believe that under the right mentoring, he could experience the gains made by Kawhi at the highest and Conley at a slower pace OR level out to be Shaun Livingston.

So essentially no matter what his floor is a HIGH functioning role player (Livingston), his ceiling is a borderline top 10 player (Kawhi) and more than likely a future semi all star PG (Conley/Holiday)
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

I think it's unfair to say he has Kawhi ceiling who is a top 3 player right now.

My personal opinion is that there's a very high chance, lets say 70%, that Frank ends up something like a Batum type of player. Just a solid wing player who contributes everywhere as a defender, secondary playmaker, and spot up shooter. Certainly a nice piece to have for years, but I would be very surprised if he becomes a legit cornerstone piece like KP. And this isn't a knock on Frank, it's just extremely difficult drafting someone like that, especially at 8.

Get vibes of Andre Miller. Quiet game, fundamental, team based. Not gonna light you up, but can be more than effective. Would be nice if he ever develops that post game, has size.

Or maybe I'm just hoping for that, always loved Millers game. Wished he would have been a Knick at some point.

As PC just said, tough finding a game changing franchise cornerstone at 8. Hasn't been many of them. Funny enough, guess who was an 8 pick..Andre Miller

I see him as george hill on offense and beverly on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I think it's unfair to say he has Kawhi ceiling who is a top 3 player right now.

My personal opinion is that there's a very high chance, lets say 70%, that Frank ends up something like a Batum type of player. Just a solid wing player who contributes everywhere as a defender, secondary playmaker, and spot up shooter. Certainly a nice piece to have for years, but I would be very surprised if he becomes a legit cornerstone piece like KP. And this isn't a knock on Frank, it's just extremely difficult drafting someone like that, especially at 8.
    Agree. I see more of a secondary playmaker than a primary one. A guy who creates from the wings and not the top of the key. I think he'll eventually become a knock down shooter from everywhere on the court off the dribble or stationary.

- Shutdown wing OR PG defender with ultra-high defensive IQ
    - Knockdown shooter who can pull up off the dribble, floaters etc.
    - Great passer and pick and roll playmaker
    - Might have Brandon-Roy like sneaky ability to get to his spots on offense without having amazing downhill footspeed.

Early on, no one thought Kawhi had the type of offensive ability that he's shown to have. Right now I don't think Frank is a go-to scorer but I think he can be a 15ppg guy combined with his other attributes is a complete stud and straight up winning player. Maybe he surprised like Kawhi did.

Too early to tell, but so far so good.

I see him as the next Frank Ntilikina.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I see him as the next Frank Ntilikina.
    I see him as the first.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    I see him as the first.
    WHo's Frank Ntliikina? Never heard of him. Who's he like?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    So essentially no matter what his floor is a HIGH functioning role player (Livingston), his ceiling is a borderline top 10 player (Kawhi) and more than likely a future semi all star PG (Conley/Holiday)

I love this line and I have zero problem if that's what he is. Of course, I hope he's better than that but there are worse things than to have your number 8 pick turn into a solid PG who can distribute the ball, make those around him better and play high caliber D.

I like Frank but i wouldn't put his ceiling anywhere right now. Don't fence him in!

Haven't seen much dsj stats posted much lately what happen did he get injured?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Haven't seen much dsj stats posted much lately what happen did he get injured?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    He had a really nice game the other night. 12 pos -8 assists -6 RB.
    I think that when he has in the vicinity of 20 points, people will get excited and angry. But 12-8 is pedestrian...
    I guess he just didn't score enough because that is all that matters.

I keep saying Nicolas Batum maybe with higher motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

First time I saw him vs the nets I got a george hill vibe. Not a star, but very valuable player who helps you win

Batum is another intersting name

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast