Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I'm with you man, love me some Charlie Ward. I hope Frank ends up considerably better than him though for our current Knicks' benefit.
    Yeah if he improves his handle and takes advantage of his size. He also needs to grow mentally because I believe even right now at 19 he's better than he's actually playing. At the very least he can be a charlie ward type. We just have to hope he reaches his full potential and becomes more because we need him to be a building block along with KP.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Yeah if he improves his handle and takes advantage of his size. He also needs to grow mentally because I believe even right now at 19 he's better than he's actually playing. At the very least he can be a charlie ward type. We just have to hope he reaches his full potential and becomes more because we need him to be a building block along with KP.
    1000%. I believe he will be though. The penetration/aggressiveness is the only element he really needs to add (which we're already seeing the ability there, he's doing it more), but everywhere else he really is damn good. His defense is suffocating. I basically expect him to end up the best defensive PG in the entire league at this point, he's already a serious problem for the opponent on that end in month 3 of his career.

I love Heisman winner, Charlie Ward. He's an incredible all-around athlete and was a steady force during some good Knicks seasons. That being said, I pray that's just Frank's starting point. I think the composure, bball IQ and defense is similar to Ward. But you can't deny the height and arm length are a huge advantage. He's picking the pockets of elite PGs right now. His D potential is huge. He's whipping assists all over the court. He has a solid touch from the 3. I mean, he's got a very well-rounded game thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Do you think Smith Jr. is going to be better in the long-run, or does Frank have a chance?
    Personally it will depend on the rosters each will play with. I think for now Frank's defense is great and what we've missed on the perimeter for how long.

With KP, Timmy and a good SF Frank could be great for this club.

If Smith turns out to be an allstar and his team loses like a Marbury then we've been there Done that already.

I like what Dallas coach said about Frank and the best line Knicks made a great pick, not sure what that says about his pick?

couple posts I read I believe fair I fair, if we say Frank is 19 and can't judge him yet same goes for a 20 year old/

To say Smith will never play defense or be a ball dominating pg at this stage, well its premature.

Again everything depends on the roster you play with. If Dirk was 28 years old i'll tell you the ball will go through him.

What we saw was Smith eat up Jack for a few minutes there where Jack could not keep up, nothing special there lol, but he's done it against much better this year.

People act like one guy went 8 and the other 28, they went consecutive and both have major upsides.

I remember when everyone would compare Clyde and the Pearl when he was a Bullet, and they were two totally different players.......And I see Frank more the Clyde type, not flashy, and Smith more the Pearl Type, would it be bad having either on your team? The answer is obvious and no.

The Knicks should actually ask Clyde to work with Frank and teach him his post up and turn around and pump fakes, and how to drive and kick without being lightning fast.

BTW, yes I did get to watch back in the day Pearl on the Bullets vs Clyde and the Knicks and the Bullets beating the Knicks in the playoffs then the next year getting the Pearl which helped the Knicks win there second ring.

Still today I don't feel there were two teams who played each other in the playoffs who were exactly the same and each position was an amazing matchup, and I mean each position, it was amazing.

I hope someday soon fans here will feel the same thing I did when I was really young, I was that 10 year old who would put a transiter radio under my pillow for the west coast games so my parents would think I was sleeping and I'd listen to the game to the last second.

Google it lol, because most won't even know what that radio was........

Tim MacMahon
    ESPN Staff Writer

Dennis Smith Jr. on fellow rookie PG Frank Ntilikina: "He's a really good defender. He found his niche early in the league. It ain't nothing but respect on my end for him."

Can't get a much better compliment from a peer.

The best way to describe Frank is he has a high floor. He basically can be no worse than a rotation role player 3&d guard.

It's very clear that he has a long term future in the NBA even if he doesn't develop beyond what he is now. He can clearly give you 20 mins a night of stifling D and outside shooting. Any kind of improvement he shows beyond that will make him a borderline allstar.

DSJ on the other hand unfortunately has to pan out as a star because he doesn't have other intangibles to fall back on. He's not a plus defender. Think of it like Nate Robinson... He had to become out of this world on offense in order to be playable. Not saying their equal but when you think about it as a reference its a good one..

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    couple posts I read I believe fair I fair, if we say Frank is 19 and can't judge him yet same goes for a 20 year old/

To say Smith will never play defense or be a ball dominating pg at this stage, well its premature.

Again everything depends on the roster you play with. If Dirk was 28 years old i'll tell you the ball will go through him.

What we saw was Smith eat up Jack for a few minutes there where Jack could not keep up, nothing special there lol, but he's done it against much better this year.

People act like one guy went 8 and the other 28, they went consecutive and both have major upsides.

I remember when everyone would compare Clyde and the Pearl when he was a Bullet, and they were two totally different players.......And I see Frank more the Clyde type, not flashy, and Smith more the Pearl Type, would it be bad having either on your team? The answer is obvious and no.

The Knicks should actually ask Clyde to work with Frank and teach him his post up and turn around and pump fakes, and how to drive and kick without being lightning fast.

BTW, yes I did get to watch back in the day Pearl on the Bullets vs Clyde and the Knicks and the Bullets beating the Knicks in the playoffs then the next year getting the Pearl which helped the Knicks win there second ring.

Still today I don't feel there were two teams who played each other in the playoffs who were exactly the same and each position was an amazing matchup, and I mean each position, it was amazing.

I hope someday soon fans here will feel the same thing I did when I was really young, I was that 10 year old who would put a transiter radio under my pillow for the west coast games so my parents would think I was sleeping and I'd listen to the game to the last second.

Honestly because he naturally looks to pass and defer to his teammates, I'd pay Allen Iverson whatever he wants to be Frank's tutor and mentor. All Frank needs is that drive to literally destroy his opponent. Iverson could provide that imo.

I think what we forget with this debate is that few questioned DSJr's ability. At least not me. I stated and stand by this.
    DSjr has huge upside, but we could not rile the dice on his knees. He may have a long healthy career. But if we drafted him and his knee went in the next 3 or 4 years we would be stuck and terribly bad for a long time.

wonder how many here if Ball dropped would flip out if Knicks still took Frank?

Ian Begley
    ESPN Staff Writer

Before it was determined that they would pick 8th in the 2017 draft, members of the Knicks organization had concerns about selecting Lonzo Ball because of the potential for off-court drama with his father. Lavar Ball's latest comments about Luke Walton are the kind of thing the Knicks executives were worried about.

Ian Begley
    ESPN Staff Writer

Before it was determined that they would pick 8th in the 2017 draft, members of the Knicks organization had concerns about selecting Lonzo Ball because of the potential for off-court drama with his father. Lavar Ball's latest comments about Luke Walton are the kind of thing the Knicks executives were worried about.
    haha I love Frank but if Ball was there I would've been upset at not taking him. The drama is bad but I still personally have a lot of faith in Lonzo.

Ian Begley
    ESPN Staff Writer

It would've been worse than DSJ...

Ian Begley
    ESPN Staff Writer

I'm not sure our organization is well-run enough to handle that kind of tomfoolery. Not even kidding.

Lamar's gonna be a good player. I don't believe he'll be good enough to be worth the trouble, though. At least not for organizations that have weak leadership, like ours.

Absolutely cannot stand Lavar. He's the Trump of the NBA, constantly screaming for attention at every turn. ESPN gives him way too much air time. It's hard to draft 1-3 sometimes, because there are the players you "must" select or you look foolish as an organization. Lonzo may pan out to be great but I'm not even that sold on his skills. And you have the Lavar baggage for the rest of his career. Super annoying.

I hope someday soon fans here will feel the same thing I did when I was really young, I was that 10 year old who would put a transister radio under my pillow for the west coast games so my parents would think I was sleeping and I'd listen to the game to the last second.

Great image, man. I love that. I'm not old enough to have caught those championship years but they sound sweet.

Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast