Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    Lauri is solid though. Him and Lavine are great starting points for a rebuild. What we need most is a long athletic scoring SF to slide between Lavine and Lauri.

    PG / Lavine / Porter Jr. / Lauri / C

    I think we should stock pile picks, and start drafting athletes with those extra picks with the hope that we can find a diamond in the rough. We need to stay bottom 5 one more year and draft the more elite available PG or C in the 2019 draft. If we land Porter Jr. our goal should be to build a bench through the draft, and in Porter's 3rd year go out and sign a good PG and/or C.

    With that formula we could be a legit team in 4 years.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,337
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lauri is solid though. Him and Lavine are great starting points for a rebuild. What we need most is a long athletic scoring SF to slide between Lavine and Lauri.

    PG / Lavine / Porter Jr. / Lauri / C

    I think we should stock pile picks, and start drafting athletes with those extra picks with the hope that we can find a diamond in the rough. We need to stay bottom 5 one more year and draft the more elite available PG or C in the 2019 draft. If we land Porter Jr. our goal should be to build a bench through the draft, and in Porter's 3rd year go out and sign a good PG and/or C.

    With that formula we could be a legit team in 4 years.
    I dont disagree. I think ideally Lauri is a 3rd or 4th option but he is a nice building block i agree. i just disagree with shammy that he is going to be this 18 ppg scorer. we suck but our offense is not running through him at all. he is kinda playing in the system and taking shots when he gets them. unless he starts becoming more agressive and creating his own shots mid season i just dont see a way he averages alot of shots a game.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Anyone have a guess for what hell average per game this rookie season?

    Im guessing 18/8 in 30 minutes a game, 58ts% 105 ORtg 22usg%
    That seems fair. I wonder what impact, if any, Niko will have on his minutes once his face heals.

    I wouldn't put it past Hoiberg to randomly start Niko for no reason at all.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont disagree. I think ideally Lauri is a 3rd or 4th option but he is a nice building block i agree. i just disagree with shammy that he is going to be this 18 ppg scorer. we suck but our offense is not running through him at all. he is kinda playing in the system and taking shots when he gets them. unless he starts becoming more agressive and creating his own shots mid season i just dont see a way he averages alot of shots a game.
    I think that will come as the year goes. He's only played 5 games so far and has been really good. It's not like he's going to get worse as the season progresses. I can't see us benching the guy we traded Jimmy Butler for either after the start he's had. The PR nightmare we would face putting Niko/Bobby in over the future would turn off more fans than not. His shot is the real deal.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It's not like he's going to get worse as the season progresses.
    Why as fans do we think this way. With this front office and especially with out terrible coaching staff, they can absolutely make him worse. Niko has gotten worse, Snell got worse, Doug got worse, Zipster seems to have regressed. I hope you are correct, but I feel the team will let Lauri down and that is why I would fire Hoilberg ASAP, gut the coaching staff and start new.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,149
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Why as fans do we think this way. With this front office and especially with out terrible coaching staff, they can absolutely make him worse. Niko has gotten worse, Snell got worse, Doug got worse, Zipster seems to have regressed. I hope you are correct, but I feel the team will let Lauri down and that is why I would fire Hoilberg ASAP, gut the coaching staff and start new.
    Thats not true. Niko hasnt gotten worse, he just still isnt where he needs to be. Snell is what he is and that is a 3&D guy. Zipser is playing the exact same which is bad. Doug just isnt good. Morrison 2.0.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    Yeah man you are listing guys that weren't nearly as touted. McDermott had red flags all over him. No one was happy about passing on Harris and losing a pick for him. Getting him had to do with the front office. Him getting worse was him just sucking.

    Zipser was a 2nd round pick. He was a solid role player last year off the bench, vs. 2nd units. Now he's facing the best players in the game extended minutes. Snell was also a hated pick as well as Teague. Niko was a late pick so comparing him to Lauri isn't fair. The expectations with him were based solely off of people making assumptions about his euro play. No one really new what to expect.

    Lauri has the tag as slow white big man, who's a stretch 4, but it's pretty evident he has more to his game. And if you watched him in college last year, you would have seen this. He didn't do anything but raise his value in Euro Basket this summer, and it has carried over somewhat early so far.

    Jimmy Butler didn't get worse with us. He left at his high point. Robin Lopez hasn't been worse with us than before. We just have a lot of **** players.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,509
    Lauri looks good. More excited to see Lavine, because I hate defense.lol

    Either Laurie is 6-9 or Lopez is the tallest human in the world. Not that it really matters

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,021
    Man Lauri Freaking Markkanen

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,219
    Through six games: 17.2/9.3 shooting 39.5% from three taking 7.2 a game; efg% of 55.9%, ts% of 59.8%, 110 ORtg, 14.5trb% with an impressive 24.6% defensive rebound percentage. (In reference, Noah's career drb% with the Bulls was 23.0%).


    Per 36 Lauri is averaging 19/10



  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Through six games: 17.2/9.3 shooting 39.5% from three taking 7.2 a game; efg% of 55.9%, ts% of 59.8%, 110 ORtg, 14.5trb% with an impressive 24.6% defensive rebound percentage. (In reference, Noah's career drb% with the Bulls was 23.0%).


    Per 36 Lauri is averaging 19/10
    Pair him with Ayton.

    Or you can draft Porter and sign Cousins.

    Tell Boogie we'll put his name in the rafters with Jordan and Pippen if he brings us a championship.

    He can go into the Hall of Fame as a Bull.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    your expecting a ton from him if you expect this. again, he isnt going to get looks like a #2 option, you can call him a #2 because of how ****** this team is. but he isnt. he isnt going to get the shot necessarily to get him those points. barring hitting a rediculous % on threes a few nights. (see cleveland game) Even so. if he does become this #2 option you think he will. he will be easy to shut down because right now. his main asset is as a 3pt shooter. and if left unguarded he will rain down. but teams will catch on to this. and stop letting him just pop out for 3 pointers, he is seriously lacking elsewhere in terms of ability to create his own shot. To think that a 20 year old that really cant create his own shot yet is going to average 18 ppg is ridiculous. im not saying he cant be that good. but he is really raw to expect that of him. and unfortunately for you he does not seem to have that demand of the ball demeanor that would be required to get him those shots necessary at this point to make him a high PPG scorer. he is going to play within the offense and watch alot as some of our scrubs force shots.
    Yes, I am expecting a ton. He's going to get the second most looks on this team, that is a certainty. And he's scoring extremely efficiently. The guy is clearly a consistent 40% three point shooter, and he's taking nearly 7 a game. He hits his free throws, and he runs at the rim.

    He isn't strictly a 3 point shooter like you say he is. Just because his main asset is 3 point shooting doesn't mean he is easy to stop. He's a rookie, he will have periods where he won't be able to figure out how other teams are defending him. That is definitely gonna happen, and I don't disagree, However, the guy is a scoring machine no matter where he is on the court.



    Also, you can right off Portis and Niko if you want. but as long as they are here they will get playing time. one because he has some future and 1 because we paid him a **** ton and want to try and move him. and both are strictly 4s. so unless we can move somebody i expect his minutes to decrease. unless you start him at center. which then move lopez.
    Seems clear to me that the FO has given up on Mirotic, and he has given up on the team. There is no chance in hell he is an integral part of this team moving forward. The team had money to spend to reach the salary cap floor, and he is non-guaranteed next year IIRC.

    Portis is nothing special. If you think Lauri's minutes are gonna decrease because of those two guys on a team whose future revolved around the Butler deal (i.e. Lauri) then you are probably in the minority.

    [/quote]
    there is also a major flaw in your logic that every team has a #2 option scoring 18 ppg. and that is that right now. we dont have 1 averaging even 16 a game. so there is a clear flaw in that logic that just because we have ****** players around him he will average bigger points. [/quote]

    We don't have one because we have 4 non-scorers on the court most of the time. When Lavine returns, it will be easier to have the floor open up for Markannen and the offense will be easier to manipulate with Lavine running the offense compared to what we currently have.

    I mean, he is averaging 11 shots per game right now. and that number is bound to decrease once you get Lavine taking likely 20 a game. and both niko and portis taking some of his looks per game. i just dont see him averaging 18 points per game this early at all. unless stupid teams just chose to leave him open at the 3pt line all day.

    There are less than 10 guys taking 20 shots a game in the league. You think Lavine will be one of them? I sure don't. Even if he does, the shots he takes will not come away from Lauri's. The people on the team that will be shooting less will be Lopez, Holiday, Valentine, Grant, etc.

    Just to show where Lavine's shots will come from:

    Robin Lopez - currently taking a career high of 13 a game, 4 above his second season high
    Justin Holiday - currently taking a career high of 15 a game, over 8 above his second season high


    This team is bad. and he may be our 2nd best player. but that does not mean he will play like our 2nd best player. TBH. I would expect niko in limited minutes (15-20 a game) to shoot more shots than Mark would playing 30. and while not good. its the truth. I just dont see a way that he does. and its not like we will run offense through him like a typical #2 you claim would average 18 ppg. he is far to young for that and needs to develop a ton before that is even a viable option.
    Again I doubt Niko plays frugally if at all with the Bulls this year.

    there is a major diference between mark as your #2 and say Paul george or Klay thompson.

    If you need another example. our team is somewhat similar to the Knicks back when porzingis was a rok. Melo is going to take a ton of the shots. same with lavine here. both porzingis and Mark are both probably the 2nd most skilled and gifted players on the court. but porzingis did not automatically average 18 ppg because of this. you know what he did average...... right about my little quote of 15. its a pretty real number for a raw rok. unless you are running major offense through him like we saw the 76ers do with okafor.
    There is nobody on this team that will take the same amount of shots as Melo. And Porzingis' rookie year doesn't compare to what Lauri has done so far. Lauri is strictly a far better shooter than Porzingis has ever been. He's a far more efficient guy (60.3ts%, 111 ORtg, 57.0efg%, 42.6 3pt%) compared to Kristaps when he was a rookie (51.8ts%, 103 ORtg, 46.7efg%, 33.3 3pt%)

    honestly though, you say he will be our 2nd best player, and im supposing you mean to lavine (because lets be honest that the only real player we have) But would that not make him right now our #1 option. should he not be running the offense and getting a majority of the shots. I think we can both agree right now that he is clearly the most tallented guy out on that floor for us. so why isnt he getting the shots.

    right now. he is 3rd on our team behind both Holiday (15) and Lopez (12) and barely above other guys like denzel ( 10) grant (9) and dunn (9) not to mention niko shoots about 9 shots a game in 24 minutes. and bobby who average 6 in 15 minutes. I mean. just considering who is taking all the shots. i dont see how Mark gets up enough shots unless.... hypothetically he starts jacking them.
    The thing is though, he doesn't need that many shots to score 18 a game man. He's sitting around 12fga per game right now and averaging just under 17ppg. And it's only been a few weeks since the league started.

    He's averaging 1.34 points per field goal attempt right now. Meaning, he has to go from 12.3fga he's currently at to 13.4 attempts a game to reach that 18 point mark.


    It's not as unlikely as you think man.



  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,490
    Lauri needs more shots. He should be getting 15 a game until Lavine comes back.

    Fred needs to put in the effort to run more stuff for Lauri.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Lauri needs more shots. He should be getting 15 a game until Lavine comes back.

    Fred needs to put in the effort to run more stuff for Lauri.
    Idk I don't want him to force it. I like him letting the game come to him right now. It will help him figure it out quicker

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Lauri needs more shots. He should be getting 15 a game until Lavine comes back.

    Fred needs to put in the effort to run more stuff for Lauri.
    This would require Fred to actually coach which goes completely against his philosophy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •