Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,225

    The Official Lauri Markkanen Thread

    All things Lauri go here! Comps, play evaluation, highlights/lowlights, discussion about his trade acquisition, etc.


    So far, I've only watched a little bit of him but I am genuinely excited about Bulls basketball. He's one of the smoothest shooters in the league, and is incredibly smart when it comes to scoring. All of his shots are either at the rim or behind the arc. Through 5 games he has a 60.0ts%. The rest of his offensive efficiency will come along (turnovers, passing).

    He's bigger/stronger/more aggressive than I thought. His ball-handling leaves a lot to be desired, but that is expected from a 7 footer



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,257
    Whatís up Sham God!!

    I really like what Iíve seen from Lauri Legend. I canít wait until he gets stronger. Heís much more athletic than I expected both offensively and defensively. He hedges really well on the pick and roll. Once he gets confidence in his game on this level and get use to how to use his abilities. Heís going to be sick. He could really benefit from working on his handle and his strength. Heís really good now because he has an elite skill in his shooting. That makes you a good player. He can become elite if he can develop another elite skill or perfect his weaknesses on the court. So his ball handling and post game improves and heís elite. I believe the sky is the limit for this kid. He can be as good as he want to be. Put it this way. He has the potential to become better than Jimmy Butler. Not saying heís better than JB but if you place jimmys work ethic and desire for the game inside of Lauri heíll be a perennial all star at least

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,408
    Feels like a new thread for the sake of it. Lauri. Is half of what is talked about in the other forums cause everyone else sucks so bad

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,225
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Whatís up Sham God!!

    I really like what Iíve seen from Lauri Legend. I canít wait until he gets stronger. Heís much more athletic than I expected both offensively and defensively. He hedges really well on the pick and roll. Once he gets confidence in his game on this level and get use to how to use his abilities. Heís going to be sick. He could really benefit from working on his handle and his strength. Heís really good now because he has an elite skill in his shooting. That makes you a good player. He can become elite if he can develop another elite skill or perfect his weaknesses on the court. So his ball handling and post game improves and heís elite. I believe the sky is the limit for this kid. He can be as good as he want to be. Put it this way. He has the potential to become better than Jimmy Butler. Not saying heís better than JB but if you place jimmys work ethic and desire for the game inside of Lauri heíll be a perennial all star at least
    Whats goin on man?!

    And yeah, i agree. Hes faster than i expected. Maybe hes quicker and can actually play the PF for his whole career as opposed to being too slow for that permanent role.

    Hes been an average rebounder for the PF position, and thats with him being on the perimeter as much as he has been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Feels like a new thread for the sake of it. Lauri. Is half of what is talked about in the other forums cause everyone else sucks so bad
    Cool, totally agree about your points about Laurie. Like, we are in total agreement on how good he will become...



    This thread can be for those who dont care to sift thru the miserable game thread that involves all the banter about Dunn vs Grant vs Holiday vs Garbage.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,296
    He has 1 month experience, he is 20 years old and he is already better and smarter than Niko.

    Not much of a presentation card for him though... being compared to Niko i mean

    Really smooth shot and very quick for a 7ft. I have high hopes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,716
    I agree, he is the most exciting part of the team right now. When LaVine comes back it should open up more for Lauri too. Like against the Cavs they were able to just focus their entire defense on him in the second half and it slowed him down significantly. With LaVine, they won't be able to do that I imagine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,375
    Most exciting thread we have had in awhile. Yes, Lauri is the only bright spot in the current trash roster.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    24,319
    He's been better then I thought. Only reason right now to even watch games.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,225
    Anyone have a guess for what hell average per game this rookie season?

    Im guessing 18/8 in 30 minutes a game, 58ts% 105 ORtg 22usg%

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Anyone have a guess for what hell average per game this rookie season?

    Im guessing 18/8 in 30 minutes a game, 58ts% 105 ORtg 22usg%
    No. Lol. 15 a game is gonna probably be right. We won't run enough through him for that. And once Lavine comes back it will get worse.

    And if Portis niko stay around it will eat his minutes too. This isn't the 76ers who ran everything through okafor.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    No. Lol. 15 a game is gonna probably be right. We won't run enough through him for that. And once Lavine comes back it will get worse.

    And if Portis niko stay around it will eat his minutes too. This isn't the 76ers who ran everything through okafor.
    When you have someone who is clearly ahead of Niko and Portis in only 5 NBA games, it is obvious those guys wont cut into his playing time. And even if Lauri is a 2nd option nect to Lavine it doesnt mean he wont be tagged for upper teens in ppg.

    Nearly every 2nd option in the league gets that many touches, and many of them arent as efficient as Lauri already is

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    When you have someone who is clearly ahead of Niko and Portis in only 5 NBA games, it is obvious those guys wont cut into his playing time. And even if Lauri is a 2nd option nect to Lavine it doesnt mean he wont be tagged for upper teens in ppg.

    Nearly every 2nd option in the league gets that many touches, and many of them arent as efficient as Lauri already is
    your expecting a ton from him if you expect this. again, he isnt going to get looks like a #2 option, you can call him a #2 because of how ****** this team is. but he isnt. he isnt going to get the shot necessarily to get him those points. barring hitting a rediculous % on threes a few nights. (see cleveland game) Even so. if he does become this #2 option you think he will. he will be easy to shut down because right now. his main asset is as a 3pt shooter. and if left unguarded he will rain down. but teams will catch on to this. and stop letting him just pop out for 3 pointers, he is seriously lacking elsewhere in terms of ability to create his own shot. To think that a 20 year old that really cant create his own shot yet is going to average 18 ppg is ridiculous. im not saying he cant be that good. but he is really raw to expect that of him. and unfortunately for you he does not seem to have that demand of the ball demeanor that would be required to get him those shots necessary at this point to make him a high PPG scorer. he is going to play within the offense and watch alot as some of our scrubs force shots.

    Also, you can right off Portis and Niko if you want. but as long as they are here they will get playing time. one because he has some future and 1 because we paid him a **** ton and want to try and move him. and both are strictly 4s. so unless we can move somebody i expect his minutes to decrease. unless you start him at center. which then move lopez.

    there is also a major flaw in your logic that every team has a #2 option scoring 18 ppg. and that is that right now. we dont have 1 averaging even 16 a game. so there is a clear flaw in that logic that just because we have ****** players around him he will average bigger points.

    I mean, he is averaging 11 shots per game right now. and that number is bound to decrease once you get Lavine taking likely 20 a game. and both niko and portis taking some of his looks per game. i just dont see him averaging 18 points per game this early at all. unless stupid teams just chose to leave him open at the 3pt line all day.

    This team is bad. and he may be our 2nd best player. but that does not mean he will play like our 2nd best player. TBH. I would expect niko in limited minutes (15-20 a game) to shoot more shots than Mark would playing 30. and while not good. its the truth. I just dont see a way that he does. and its not like we will run offense through him like a typical #2 you claim would average 18 ppg. he is far to young for that and needs to develop a ton before that is even a viable option.

    there is a major diference between mark as your #2 and say Paul george or Klay thompson.

    If you need another example. our team is somewhat similar to the Knicks back when porzingis was a rok. Melo is going to take a ton of the shots. same with lavine here. both porzingis and Mark are both probably the 2nd most skilled and gifted players on the court. but porzingis did not automatically average 18 ppg because of this. you know what he did average...... right about my little quote of 15. its a pretty real number for a raw rok. unless you are running major offense through him like we saw the 76ers do with okafor.

    honestly though, you say he will be our 2nd best player, and im supposing you mean to lavine (because lets be honest that the only real player we have) But would that not make him right now our #1 option. should he not be running the offense and getting a majority of the shots. I think we can both agree right now that he is clearly the most tallented guy out on that floor for us. so why isnt he getting the shots.

    right now. he is 3rd on our team behind both Holiday (15) and Lopez (12) and barely above other guys like denzel ( 10) grant (9) and dunn (9) not to mention niko shoots about 9 shots a game in 24 minutes. and bobby who average 6 in 15 minutes. I mean. just considering who is taking all the shots. i dont see how Mark gets up enough shots unless.... hypothetically he starts jacking them.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-31-2017 at 01:25 AM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,047
    It'd be great if we trade Rolo mid season. If he plays well, we can potentially steal a 1st from a team desperate to improve their playoff outlook. That and the fact that it will help us lose.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,408
    Just for reference where i see our shot count falling. we are averaging around 85 shots per game this year. and were averaging 87 last year with a much better team.

    Dunn ( 10 )
    Lavine ( 18) ( i think he is going to shoot alot this year. maybe too much)
    Zipser (6)
    Mark (10)
    Lopez ( 12)

    Grant (5)
    Holiday ( 10)
    Denzel (8)
    Niko ( 8 )
    Portis ( 6)

    even with this count which i consider relatively realistic. Im at 93 shots per game. which seems unrealistic to me (last year most shots per game team had 89 in detroit) . so somebody is loosing a few and i just dont see how Mark gets that many more shots. especially when you have all these young guys looking for theirs like Dunn, Grant Lavine. Holiday Denzel and Niko (who is more just a shot jacker but you get my point)

    Feel free to explain to me shammy how Mark is going to average near 15 shots a game that would be necessary in order to make him that 18 ppg guy. cause i just dont see it. I think lavine is going to be really heavy shooter in this system. everyone else will get a handful of shots. and Mark will just have to live unless he can somehow shot he can have offense run through him. which as of yet i have not seen. and again, its not like Mark is taking most of the shots now. he is living with what he gets. and thats kinda how i expect the season to go.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,408
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It'd be great if we trade Rolo mid season. If he plays well, we can potentially steal a 1st from a team desperate to improve their playoff outlook. That and the fact that it will help us lose.
    i agree. i would trade alot of guys on this team. Rolo. portis and Niko. even holiday who is showing some bright signs but really is not part of the future as long as lavine is here.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •