Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fultz out indefinitely

PROCESSING

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3105366/

This article, though quite scholarly, does a great job in breaking down what the injury is and why it's an issue.

Common in doing actions with hands above shoulders, the muscle that balances the shoulder blade to shoulder joint in any above the head motion is strained in the functional version of the injury (What Fultz has). It's incredibly painful and can cause instability to the joint.

Knowing this, everything that's been going on 100% makes sense.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    we all knew this was likely. just get healthy and come back when 10000%
    Iíll up you one. We all knew this was certain. Lol. **** you bryan!

we all knew this was likely. just get healthy and come back when 10000%

As I said in the Roster forum, good news is that its a relatively simple fix. Strengthen the weak muscles. Not uncommon, not a major deal, but it certainly wasnt going to get better without PT.

I'd say in about a month he is back on the court. 8 weeks max.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    As I said in the Roster forum, good news is that its a relatively simple fix. Strengthen the weak muscles. Not uncommon, not a major deal, but it certainly wasnt going to get better without PT.

I'd say in about a month he is back on the court. 8 weeks max.
    From what I've read (armchair doctoring here) it sounds like it's fatigue possibly from practicing a shot and the muscles in the shoulder weren't strong enough to handle all of that. Fair to say or unfair?

I'm kinda basing this off the fact I've had major ankle problems and making my legs stronger has prevented reconstructive surgery for about 17 years now.

PROCESSING

yea we all expected this but i am more mad we made him play through it when we didnt have to... this organization is really *** backwards that they cant be trusted... but you colangelo is soooooooooo much better than hinkie... what a slimy ***

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea we all expected this but i am more mad we made him play through it when we didnt have to... this organization is really *** backwards that they cant be trusted... but you colangelo is soooooooooo much better than hinkie... what a slimy ***
    I warned when we gotvhim that there wouldnít be more information. There would be more talking and more lies. And the fact that he tried to throw markelle under bus is despicable. **** that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Fultz insisted in playing through it.
    Right, because the players make the decisions about playing?

Talk about agendas.

PROCESSING

The teams pay the players, they tell them what they can do.

From what I've read (armchair doctoring here) it sounds like it's fatigue possibly from practicing a shot and the muscles in the shoulder weren't strong enough to handle all of that. Fair to say or unfair?

I'm kinda basing this off the fact I've had major ankle problems and making my legs stronger has prevented reconstructive surgery for about 17 years now.
    In simple terms, yeah, thatís pretty much it. Basically his shoulder muscles are getting overworked due to the stabilizing muscles of the scapula not being strong enough.

This could be due to him changing his shot. It also could be that, now that heís a pro basketball player, heís working out and shooting more than he has ever before. So he started getting soreness in his shoulder, didnít understand why, so he changed his shot to try and compensate and have a pain free motion.

Also explains why a cortisone shot wouldnít really work. It would reduce the inflammation, but thatís not really the issue. The issue is heís weak (not overall but in certain areas) so if the weakness isnít addressed, the problem wonít resolve.

So itís best to keep him off the court for now, go through his PT to get stronger, basically educate his body to recognize those muscles and use them effectively and efficiently.

Once he feels better, that shooting motion should disappear, because his original shooting motion shouldnít hurt anymore. At max Iíd say 8 weeks, more likely somewhere in the 3-6 week range.

From now on heíll likely just have a routine to go through in warmups with his shoulders to keep them strong and make sure this doesnít happen again.

I do remember yíall of him putting on 15 or 20 lbs after summer league and pics of him having the guns out during training.

ďHe only works the glamour muscles.Ē
    ~Dennis Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    The teams pay the players, they tell them what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Right, because the players make the decisions about playing?

Talk about agendas.
    It's literally what his agent said.

PROCESSING

So? Heís 19 years old. How about the adults act like adults? If heís not ready, shut him down. Itís really indefensible.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast