Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Florida Fires Jim McElwain

https://www.si.com/college-football/...in-coach-fired

Florida fans can speak to this more than I can but I am a bit surprised given he got them to the SEC title game twice.

sharking news

College Football is the most fickle business. Literally 1 down year is all it takes to be shown the door.

My buddy, who runs one of the more prominent gator news cites, just told me chip kelly to UF is a done deal (no word on when the official announcement will be made but it's done)

If nothing else Chip will bring an exciting look to Florida.

I was just reading Chip to UCLA lol

I never know what to do with these rumors, I thought Florida supposedly wanted Frost

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I was just reading Chip to UCLA lol

I never know what to do with these rumors, I thought Florida supposedly wanted Frost
    Frost was always the #2 option if chip fell through

My friend just texted me to say that the ucla opening has thrown a wrench in the verbal agreement... he still thinks it ends up happening for UF but says chip wants to at least consider a prominent west coast job like the bruins

florida flew out their administration including the president to new hampshire and didnt get chip to sign. not good news for them

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    My buddy, who runs one of the more prominent gator news cites, just told me chip kelly to UF is a done deal (no word on when the official announcement will be made but it's done)
    is your friend Thomas Goldkamp?

Quote Originally Posted by KB24PG16 View Post
    is your friend Thomas Goldkamp?
    No, but similar level of prominence

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    College Football is the most fickle business. Literally 1 down year is all it takes to be shown the door.
    He's trash.

All I want is someone who can field an offense that can score A touchdown. Like just one. It feels like we have more on defense this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    He's trash.

All I want is someone who can field an offense that can score A touchdown. Like just one. It feels like we have more on defense this year.
    Yup. Offense has been garbage. His recruiting has been trash too. Defense has taken a step back and their incoming defensive recruiting class is garbage.

florida is a dumpster fire now, I expect Matt Corral to de-commit soon. that ad scott stricklin deserves to be fired

Quote Originally Posted by KB24PG16 View Post
    florida is a dumpster fire now, I expect Matt Corral to de-commit soon. that ad scott stricklin deserves to be fired
    You seem to be dreaming, and also forgetting that Stricklin just got hired.

Mac wasn't as bad of a coach as he gets made fun of for by UF fans now but he's not good enough to be in the SEC. Not a good recruiter, bad interpersonal skills, and his management style left a lot to be desired. It was clear nobody on the roster could run his/Nuss's offense but nobody ever tweaked it and Nuss got a lot of blame I feel like Mac should have gotten. Nuss is clearly not that great of a playcaller but it makes it a hell of a lot worse than teams know your QBs cannot make intermediate throws, cannot move beyond his hot read, and cannot check out of a play.

It was clear Shannon isn't an SEC caliber d-coordinator but he just went with him anyway. It was a miracle the D was as good as it was this year considering the injuries and the fact that they played a base nickel D basically every play regardless of situation. The suspensions didn't help but the team sucked in all 3 phases this year and it didn't look like it was getting better. The fact that Mac hyped this junk all offseason probably made the fall even more steep.

Mac is fine at Colorado State. Maybe even at a school like Arizona State or a low-end Big 10 school like Purdue. But he can't hack it at a major program and definitely not in the SEC.