Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I have never seen Bellichick mismanage anything, so I am not sure what your talking about. I hate NE, but the sad fact is, there is not a coach on this planet, that knows the rule book as perfectly as he does.

    Plus, Last year, they only lost 2 games, once to us, and once to Seattle. mis management of the game clock had nothing to do with it.
    tf are you even talking about here?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    tf are you even talking about here?
    You said u seen bellichick mismanage the game clock. That is false. You never saw that. As i said, he lost two games last year and neither were due to whatever mismanagement of the game clock you claim you have witnessed.

    In buffalo, mcdermot personally cost us two games with his mismanagement of the game clock, is my point. Your point then was that bellichick also has made that mistake, but that is untrue.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,633
    If you're going to compare the two then you have to go back to Bellichick's Rookie season with the Browns.

    Also you can mismanage the clock and still win.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,307
    Yeah ok. And with that logic, Marv Levy was horrible because of his start in KC.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Yeah ok. And with that logic, Marv Levy was horrible because of his start in KC.
    His point completely went over your head. Stop for a second and try to understand what people are posting.

    He simply is saying since McDermott is a rookie head coach, compare him to those guys when they just started, not what they are now since their experiences clearly helped them improve. I don't see the issue with that at all. The whole reason I pointed out that he was a rookie was to say he can get better and let's see where he goes from here, not to ignore his flaws. He's not perfect, but this isn't the same thing as Rex Ryan being a head coach for eight seasons and still not being able to properly manage the clock.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Yeah ok. And with that logic, Marv Levy was horrible because of his start in KC.
    I think you're reinforcing my point tbh. Mcd's rookie season has been more successful than those all time greats. Possibly with less talent than either of them started with.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    His point completely went over your head. Stop for a second and try to understand what people are posting.

    He simply is saying since McDermott is a rookie head coach, compare him to those guys when they just started, not what they are now since their experiences clearly helped them improve. I don't see the issue with that at all. The whole reason I pointed out that he was a rookie was to say he can get better and let's see where he goes from here, not to ignore his flaws. He's not perfect, but this isn't the same thing as Rex Ryan being a head coach for eight seasons and still not being able to properly manage the clock.
    You are missing the point. All I clearly said is being a "rookie" head coach is just an excuse that you guys want to make to exclude him from any adversity.

    The bottom line is, he has coached for many years. He should absolutely know, that during the first half of Carolina, down 6-0, 1st down with 2 timeouts left, at the 50 with 1:27 left, you call a time out, run a couple plays trying to get into FG range and try to kick a field goal. You don't save your timeouts, let the clock drop 40 seconds, then run a draw play to close out the half.

    Then in the 2nd half, down by 6, you don't save a time out at the opponents 40 yard line with 55 seconds left. Then run a play with only 13 seconds left. Down by a field goal, yes, perhaps save the timeout to use it to bring out the FG team. But down by 6 and needing a TD, he should know better.

    In Cinci, same thing. Before the end of half, he saves his timeouts and the clock expires, costing us 3 points. If we had that 3 points, on the final drive, down by 1, Tyrod doesn't have to hurry up and rush everything because of needing a TD. He could have relaxed, took his time, knowing he just needed to get into our kickers FG range.

    Like I said, I like McDermott. but i'm not going to pretend he is doing better than he is. Got to stop cheerleading and call them how you see them. Big mistake with the play clock in Carolina, followed by doing it again a couple weeks later is not a good sign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •