Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301

    Bills vs Raiders game day thread

    Itís gonna be a sloppy day out there today. Letís hope we continue to catch the ball.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Going to be a tough game in coverage with Gaines and Poyer out. If Sharice Wright doesnít step up his game, Carr will throw all over us.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    With all the refs on the field, not one saw that the Raider fell and it wasnít offensive pass interference. Looks obvious the refs will have an agenda in this game.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,626
    This could be a huge win. The coaching is so much better than rex.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,402
    Just need to win 2/3 now and this could be the year.

    I don't believe this brand of football is sustainable across seasons, but I'm enjoying this season. 49ers with Kaepernick enjoyed success for a couple years and made it to a Super Bowl playing this way...hopefully the Bills can do the same.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Just need to win 2/3 now and this could be the year.

    I don't believe this brand of football is sustainable across seasons, but I'm enjoying this season. 49ers with Kaepernick enjoyed success for a couple years and made it to a Super Bowl playing this way...hopefully the Bills can do the same.
    Kap was a playmaker when he had talent around him.

    The amazing thing about this season is how they've shipped out a huge chunk of the talent and are winning still. Imagine what we could do with some more weapons.

    I worry that they won't draft a QB in the first round though. Should be an interesting off-season. After the success this year, spending all that cap space and 2X1sts and 2◊2nds we will have a lot of momentum coming into next season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    This is a different team than we are accustomed to. Our WR's are finally catching balls, defense is playing mean and were not missing field goals. For the last three years, none of this was the case.

    The weirdest moment of the game was when Tate caught the ball and converted a 3rd down, while the Bills are up 20-7 in the 3rd qtr, and on the sidelines, the team celebrated that play as if it was the game winning TD catch. When teams come together like that, other players strive to make a play to feel the same embrace.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    This is a different team than we are accustomed to. Our WR's are finally catching balls, defense is playing mean and were not missing field goals. For the last three years, none of this was the case.

    The weirdest moment of the game was when Tate caught the ball and converted a 3rd down, while the Bills are up 20-7 in the 3rd qtr, and on the sidelines, the team celebrated that play as if it was the game winning TD catch. When teams come together like that, other players strive to make a play to feel the same embrace.
    I totally agree that was a big moment for me too. Really saw where this team is at mentally right now. At first i thought there was a fight breaking out... the rex effect.
    They're a pretty loveable bunch right now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,402
    I think it's coaching more than anything right now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,626
    Easily the most impressive Bills season ive seen given the level of talent on the roster.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    The Coaching is definitely a big part of it. McDermott is bringing in his type of people and getting rid of the under deserving players our former regime bowed down to. This translates into having a team of guys that fight every single play, rather than taking plays off as we seen in the past.

    But because I call it as I see it, I have to say, the only problem I see for this coach is time clock management. Poor clock management in both games we lost this year. We absolutely would have beaten Carolina if it weren't for his blunders in the first half and at the end of the game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,402
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The Coaching is definitely a big part of it. McDermott is bringing in his type of people and getting rid of the under deserving players our former regime bowed down to. This translates into having a team of guys that fight every single play, rather than taking plays off as we seen in the past.

    But because I call it as I see it, I have to say, the only problem I see for this coach is time clock management. Poor clock management in both games we lost this year. We absolutely would have beaten Carolina if it weren't for his blunders in the first half and at the end of the game.
    He's a rookie coach. He'll learn.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He's a rookie coach. He'll learn.
    He is a rookie coach, but like I said, I call them as I see them. I don't ignore anything. I am not a fan that ignores the bad, just because we are 5-2. Plus, you would think that his presence on the field, throughout his career in coaching, would have taught him some awareness on the sidelines of clock management and being a rookie coach means nothing. He still has been a coach. He still has been on the sidelines during crucial games in his career. He should still have a lot more awareness than he has shown.

    We also cant forget how lucky he is, that after calling a Time Out in Atlanta, he then sent 10 players on the field. If he would have done that, and then Ryan throws a TD pass to win it, perception would be a lot different, as that would be 3 losses that you can directly pin on the coach. There should be no doubt for anyone, that he directly cost us the game with Carolina and Cinci.

    But with that said, you have to weigh the good vs the bad so far this year with McDermott. And the results show, that overall, the good he has brought to this team far out weighs the bad. But my point is, there has been some bad.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,626
    I've seen billachek mismanage the clock. I'm not worried about his clock management at all he will learn. That's one of the things I liked about him coming in. The guy absorbs football knowledge. I love the way he thinks the game. If at the end of the season we look back and see that clock management is the area he needs to improve, I full expect him to do so.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I've seen billachek mismanage the clock. I'm not worried about his clock management at all he will learn. That's one of the things I liked about him coming in. The guy absorbs football knowledge. I love the way he thinks the game. If at the end of the season we look back and see that clock management is the area he needs to improve, I full expect him to do so.
    I have never seen Bellichick mismanage anything, so I am not sure what your talking about. I hate NE, but the sad fact is, there is not a coach on this planet, that knows the rule book as perfectly as he does.

    Plus, Last year, they only lost 2 games, once to us, and once to Seattle. mis management of the game clock had nothing to do with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •