Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Martellus Bennett to Retire at Conclusion of 2017 season?

Martellus Bennett posted this on Instagram,

After conversations with my family I'm pretty sure these next eight games will be the conclusion of my NFL career," Bennett wrote. "To everyone that has poured themselves and time into my life and career. These next games are for you. Thank you.

RIP Gene Wilder

I have no thoughts on this. He hasn't been enough part of the passing game to care too much. Hell of a run blocker though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

I think it surprised me a bit because he signed a 3 year contract. If he was only on a 1 year deal and his future wasn't looking bright then I could see him calling it quits.

Not that players haven't done that it just seemed like a weird time to consider it.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think it surprised me a bit because he signed a 3 year contract. If he was only on a 1 year deal and his future wasn't looking bright then I could see him calling it quits.

Not that players haven't done that it just seemed like a weird time to consider it.
    Could easily change his mind too, who knows.

Yea, I'm not too upset if he actually does it. I was really excited about him before the season, but he's been disappointing. You can tell he's sort of losing a step. He's still an effective blocker and is probably an average tight end these days.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, I'm not too upset if he actually does it. I was really excited about him before the season, but he's been disappointing. You can tell he's sort of losing a step. He's still an effective blocker and is probably an average tight end these days.
    He looks so damn slow it's not even funny.

He was never extraordinarily fast, but it's gotten pretty bad. He's always been a contested catch type of guy, but now he's dropping those too. Kind of have to wonder if his heart wasn't completely in it to start the season and that could be part of his struggles or if the fact that he's struggling is making him consider hanging it up.

He has a lot of stuff going on outside of football, so it's not surprising that he'd be the type of guy who might retire early. Usually it's the guys he only know football and are almot scared of life outside of football that try to hang on forever. Bennett never really seemed like that type of guy, but it is a little surprising that he's hanging it up at 30, assuming he doesn't change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He was never extraordinarily fast, but it's gotten pretty bad. He's always been a contested catch type of guy, but now he's dropping those too. Kind of have to wonder if his heart wasn't completely in it to start the season and that could be part of his struggles or if the fact that he's struggling is making him consider hanging it up.

He has a lot of stuff going on outside of football, so it's not surprising that he'd be the type of guy who might retire early. Usually it's the guys he only know football and are almot scared of life outside of football that try to hang on forever. Bennett never really seemed like that type of guy, but it is a little surprising that he's hanging it up at 30, assuming he doesn't change his mind.
    I've been wondering if he's not really healthy anymore. He looks so different.

He won't retire yet. I really don't think so.

Might have to look for a TE pretty early in next years draft unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I've been wondering if he's not really healthy anymore. He looks so different.

He won't retire yet. I really don't think so.
    I don't know. He's earned over $30 mill in his career. He has a ring. He has interests outside of football. I think he's managed to avoid major injury. It wouldn't surprise me if he's done.

Do we save all of the 8 mil cap hit that he has for the next 2 years? That would be really good actually. Sucks to lose him as a player i guess tho, but he hasnt done much

At this point, itís whatever. He certainly hasnít been worth his contract thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just looks really slow. He isn't doing much for this offense in the passing game right now. The team needs a TE that can stretch the field vertically in the seams not a better blocking Richard Rodgers.

it looks like he is running in mud for whatever reason... like he is slow as ****.

Trade him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast