Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

When will Kuzma finally become our starting pf

Seriously, im ready for this sooner rather than later. Nance is good and everything.. but he's no kuzma. We should start him now, especially now that randle seems to have found a home as our back up center

yes Lakers should start him, becasue he is such a good scorer, fits well with lonzo

It's not about who starts. It's about who closes games.

Andre iguodala and manu ginobili are great examples.

Our issue isnít PFs. I think they have all played well.

Lopez has been a real disappointment and if he is gonna shoot 28% from 3 I donít see the point in having him in because he certainly doesnít help on defense and he isnít good in the pick n roll.

Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Our issue isnít PFs. I think they have all played well.

Lopez has been a real disappointment and if he is gonna shoot 28% from 3 I donít see the point in having him in because he certainly doesnít help on defense and he isnít good in the pick n roll.
    The coaching is the problem and the fact that is is a new team in the make. We do not have a real back up pg to help Lonso when he struggles and help the team to win more games. We need a better back up pg and better coaching. But I admit that they need time and two superstars that will possible come to,the rescue next season.
    Hey Thunder is struggling with three super stars so is Cleveland and Boston. Is not the end of the world, but I hope Lakers find a decent back up pg soon!

Yes the starting lineup is a problem, we always either come out of the 1st or 3rd quarter getting whooped because we don't have any offense.

I would start Kuzma, but our best lineup is Lonzo-KCP-Ingram-Kuzma-Randle. But I guess Brook 'captain slow' Lopez will be starting anyway.

I'm very excited about Kuzma, but I would not start him for awhile. He's young and is going to have ups and downs, Larry has been solid and with Larry you get what you get every night and can count on that. We are 5 games in and people on here are already talking bout significant changes, this has to play our a little longer before anyone knows what works best.

For the record although Larry starts he only plays 21 mins and Kuzma is averaging 28. In less mins though Larry is averaging 1.5 more boards than Kuzma and has blocked 3 shots compared to none by Kuzma, Larry leads our team in dunks and offensive rebounding and is a solid defender. He had that late block at the rim to seal a victory for us. Larry is the better defender at this point. Despite Kuzma shooting 52% from the field Nance is 13% better (yes Nance is shooting 65% from the field) and Nance and Kuzma score about the same points per min on the floor. Kuzma has a lot of potential, but he's so young. Nance knows and embraces his role as well as anyone on our team... since coming into the league only once has Nance missed 8 shots and only once has he missed 7 shots in a game, other than those two games he has never missed more than 6 shots in a game so he'll never go out there and go 3-15 or something, that's not his game he will not take that many shots unless they are dropping... Kuzma has missed 9 shots in a game already this year... obviously they play different games and this isn't a knock on Kuzma, I'm just stating that I think Nance is very solid. Kuzma runs the floor well but as we can see it's much harder to connect on these full court passes in the NBA vs. summer league. Also Kuzma is only shooting 23% from behind the arc.

I know this isn't a post knocking Nance rather than it is promoting Kuzma, but between this post and the one about KCP I think fans need to be more patient because I think Nance and KCP are probably our two best defenders and are both good for our team. Maybe we just aren't good enough yet? We just need to be patient, I want to see wins as much as anybody, but it's not about this year. It's about building a good system and good fundamentals and I think Larry fits that better right now. My comment about maybe not being good enough right stems from if you assess our team top to bottom I think we have performed decent at most positions 1-5 for what our expectations should be. I think team defence has been our weakest link. We are on a pace to win 32-33 games, you like to think that we will improve as the season progresses as we have a lot of young players and 3 rookies playing significant mins and lots of new pieces... so I'm happy with what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Yes the starting lineup is a problem, we always either come out of the 1st or 3rd quarter getting whooped because we don't have any offense.

I would start Kuzma, but our best lineup is Lonzo-KCP-Ingram-Kuzma-Randle. But I guess Brook 'captain slow' Lopez will be starting anyway.
    Don't forget that our starting line up also matches up against the opposing teams starting line up as well. This is where not having any stars hurts us, but that isn't changing this year. The only team we have played this year that don't clearly have more talent than us in the starting 5 is Phoenix and we won the 1st and 3rd quarters against them by a total of 14 points. Making changes to our starting line up I don't think is going to produce better results.

He needs to start. If Lopez isn't hitting just shots we have no shooting in our starting lineup. The starting and second unit are two unbalance in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thegerman View Post
    need a back up point guard, who can shoot
    Too late for that.

need a back up point guard, who can shoot

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    The coaching is the problem and the fact that is is a new team in the make. We do not have a real back up pg to help Lonso when he struggles and help the team to win more games. We need a better back up pg and better coaching. But I admit that they need time and two superstars that will possible come to,the rescue next season.
    Hey Thunder is struggling with three super stars so is Cleveland and Boston. Is not the end of the world, but I hope Lakers find a decent back up pg soon!
    And we still won't have a backup pg because our cap will be tied up to the two superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    He needs to start. If Lopez isn't hitting just shots we have no shooting in our starting lineup. The starting and second unit are two unbalance in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Kuzma is only hitting 23% of his shots behind the arc, that doesn't solve any issues. I don't think that will improve our shooting. He shot just 30% in college in his 3 years. I think in summer league and preseason he showed that he can and will improve on that, but I don't think that will be the case his rookie year. BI is only shooting 27% behind the arc, that's someone we need to step up. I also think Brook's % will go up as the season progresses. This is where it being so early in the year we can't overreact.. Lopez is 5/18 behind the arc, if he hits 2 in a row to start next game he's shooting 35% which is where he was at last year, maybe he doesn't hit his first two tonight but has a game were he hits 4-5, it balances out. He have too small of a sample size to look at. I agree that shooting has killed us this year, but percentages are averages and you don't get the same night in night out, if it were 20+ games in it's different, but if we get hot for a few games those percentages balance out. If I guy shoots 40% behind the arc that doesn't mean every 10 shots 4 go in every time, you have good stretches and bad and we are young with 4 new starters this year if you can't Larry so it'll take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    And we still won't have a backup pg because our cap will be tied up to the two superstars.
    Yeah backup PG is a big problem for us. I would be happy with one max FA and then improve at the 5 and bring in a solid back up PG. It depends a bit on how players develop though because at this point we have a lot of talent in lots of different positions, but we need guys to take the next step. I think the 3 is one of our weakest links right now just based on performance, I love BI and think he's going to be great but he needs to shoot better and be more consistent. So if we can have a few guys like BI step up to solidify those spots for our team then we will have a better idea of where we are strong and weak... right now any assessment is really just based on potential.

An interesting stat on Brook Lopez... last year he added the 3 pt game and hit all those 3's and made his first all star appearance, but his overall fg % was the worst of his career, his scoring average didn't really change from what he did in the past and his rebounding numbers were the lowest of his career except the year he only played 5 games. It's funny how what people perceive as an all star, you can make the argument that he was worse last year, yet because he's hitting 3's he's an all star. I'm not knocking Brook, I just found that interesting when looking at his stats.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast