Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Comparing stats between a passrushing OLB and a DT relegated to NT is not really fair. Im sure Von would agree.

Outside of Suh, Sapp and Co. there is a very limited number of DT that have put up 10 sacks. Our entire Dline fell apart when Rex got here but prior it was DOMINANT. best line in the league. Comparable to the Dline that won the Giants their first recent championship. If we had a better qb than orton then that would have been the year. The fit along with all of the other things you mentioned turned him into a roleplayer. He reminds me of hanesworth. The guy needs to be in a 4-3 and be relied on to pressure the QB. i doubt he ever gets 10 sacks again because as mentioned that is a historic number for a DT, but i bet he assumes a bigger and better-suited-to-him role in Jax.
    Ask Ajaji, Leveon Bell, and the back up running backs we faced last year, if they were ever worried about Marcel on Defense when running for 200yards each game against us. Teams were running 250 rushing yards a game last couple seasons against us and all of them came right up the gut straight past him. He truly had 1 good year and that hype carried over for a long time from fans and media. Its the same crap with Gilmore. He was horrible. Absolutely horrendous. Yet every game, the media talked about him as if he was awesome. NE is still pretending he is in concussion protocol so they don't have to play him. But he had 1 or 2 good seasons here, and that hype lives on.

It would be a lie if anyone here could say, they remember a single thing Marcel has done the past two seasons on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Ask Ajaji, Leveon Bell, and the back up running backs we faced last year, if they were ever worried about Marcel on Defense when running for 200yards each game against us. Teams were running 250 rushing yards a game last couple seasons against us and all of them came right up the gut straight past him. He truly had 1 good year and that hype carried over for a long time from fans and media. Its the same crap with Gilmore. He was horrible. Absolutely horrendous. Yet every game, the media talked about him as if he was awesome. NE is still pretending he is in concussion protocol so they don't have to play him. But he had 1 or 2 good seasons here, and that hype lives on.

It would be a lie if anyone here could say, they remember a single thing Marcel has done the past two seasons on defense.
    so you agree it was a bad idea to try and convert a pass rushing DT into a NT?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    so you agree it was a bad idea to try and convert a pass rushing DT into a NT?
    Im not sure your point. He couldnt sack the QB the last four season. He couldnt create a push against the offensive lineman who faced him. And when it came to making a tackle, RBs brushed him off like he wasnt even there. Tgis year Mcdermott came in and saw first hand that he was horrible and they barely played him. It amazes me to here tyat anyone saw anything but disappointment when watching him play. As i said, our coach knew it, enough said about his so called greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Im not sure your point. He couldnt sack the QB the last four season. He couldnt create a push against the offensive lineman who faced him. And when it came to making a tackle, RBs brushed him off like he wasnt even there. Tgis year Mcdermott came in and saw first hand that he was horrible and they barely played him. It amazes me to here tyat anyone saw anything but disappointment when watching him play. As i said, our coach knew it, enough said about his so called greatness.
    No one is calling him great (seems your only opposing what you hear on the radio and not what we are actually saying). If he was great then he would have still been a dominant NT. But notice how 4 years ago his play fell off and also 4 years ago they switched from 4-3 to 3-4 and he went from a pass rushing DT to Muscle NT? That's why scheme and fit are so important on D, and why we have improved with less defensive talent overall this season. You have to be put in a position to play to your strengths in this league. You can't have a Posession WR running flys and expect success. Even Revis at his best - put him in zone and report back to me on his historic season.

His job was to hold down the defensive line and win at his position. He couldn't do it. He wasn't strong enough. He got his money, stopped hitting the weight room. He had 3 tackles yesterday, should have had 10. Marrone only brought him in because he is living in the past and they have the very worse run defense in the league. They think he is a run stuffer, as we know is not the case. As Rex Ryan said yesterday on the air, the only thing he saw Marcell stuff while he was the coach, was his pockets.

Cool. So we all are in agreement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12