Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Damn. That is tough. One thing we can all agree on though, is it wouldn’t be watchable.
    Theoretically the 49ers are much better, even without Jimmy, assuming you think he is good when every other BB backup has eventually busted.

Hyde and Garcon alone are higher talent players than most of the Browns roster.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Aaron Hernandez's CTE was unusually severe, doctor says

McKee and her team have examined more than 100 former NFL players' brains for the neurodegenerative disease, formally named chronic traumatic encephalopathy, and found Hernandez's case to be significant.

"This is the first case that we've seen that kind of damage in such a young individual," she said, adding that the type of brain damage observed is usually seen in someone 20 years older.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/health...cte/index.html

Football's impact upon personal health is tragic. Will athletes stop choosing football and start choosing soccer - yeah yeah you can get a concussion from soccer too. But will athletes switch? What other sport stands to gain the most?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Aaron Hernandez's CTE was unusually severe, doctor says

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/health...cte/index.html

Football's impact upon personal health is tragic. Will athletes stop choosing football and start choosing soccer - yeah yeah you can get a concussion from soccer too. But will athletes switch? What other sport stands to gain the most?
    What are the 300+ pound guys supposed to do? Soccer isn't an option for them.

I was just reading another site about coaching candidates for 018 and someone mentioned Tom Sula

hahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Is Deion Sanders really upset Tony Romo said he didn't like to tackle? I mean, it's the truth.

Giants have the upper hand now in the QB draft over the 49ers after they get Jimmy.

Could say it isn't that bad for the 49ers because the Giants will take a QB and they don't need one.

However, they forgot how if they had the #1 or #2 pick, they could have traded it to someone looking to jump over the Giants in draft order. Big miss there for the franchise.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Giants have the upper hand now in the QB draft over the 49ers after they get Jimmy.

Could say it isn't that bad for the 49ers because the Giants will take a QB and they don't need one.

However, they forgot how if they had the #1 or #2 pick, they could have traded it to someone looking to jump over the Giants in draft order. Big miss there for the franchise.
    I think they still have a decent enough shot at doing just that. Plus, maybe they want a guy like Barkley. So now them letting the Giants ahead of them, they don't have to worry about Barkley getting taken in the case the Giants would take a QB.

Plenty of teams still may want to move up. Jets, Cards, Dolphins, maybe even Chargers may want to jump in front of the Broncos (if they don't believe in Lynch). There are also 6 more games left to play. Giants could still win a couple more games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Giants could still win a couple more games.
    Remaining games:

- Chiefs
    - Redskins
    - Raiders
    - Cowboys
    - Eagles
    - Cardinals
    - Redskins

You think the Giants are going to win 2 or more of these games? ROFL. Without their top two WRs, their top two defensive players and with the team in open revolt against the coach.

It is actually more likely that the Browns win 2 and the Giants end up with the #1 pick.

Remaining games:

- Jags
    - Bengals
    - Chargers
    - Packers
    - Ravens
    - Bears
    - Steelers

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Remaining games:

- Chiefs
    - Redskins
    - Raiders
    - Cowboys
    - Eagles
    - Cardinals
    - Redskins

You think the Giants are going to win 2 or more of these games? ROFL. Without their top two WRs, their top two defensive players and with the team in open revolt against the coach.

It is actually more likely that the Browns win 2 and the Giants end up with the #1 pick.

Remaining games:

- Jags
    - Bengals
    - Chargers
    - Packers
    - Ravens
    - Bears
    - Steelers
    I hope they do. We own the tie breaker over them and we need to get a top QB.

The Saints could have won that game in Buffalo by running the ball on every play.

I never took the phrase "next man up" too seriously. The Cowboys had the next man up at left tackle (replacing Tyron Smith) and they gave up six sacks to pretty much a nobody.

That challenge made by John Fox that reversed the call in favor of the Packers was so comical, you would expect it to happen to Craig T. Nelson's character on the sitcom "Coach" -- or the Browns.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 11-13-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The Saints could have won that game in Buffalo by running the ball on every play.

I never took the phrase "next man up" too seriously. The Cowboys had the next man up at left tackle (replacing Tyron Smith) and they gave up six sacks to pretty much a nobody.

That challenge made by John Fox that reversed the call in favor of the Packers was so comical, you would expect it to happen to Craig T. Nelson's character on the sitcom "Coach" -- or the Browns.
    Adrian Clayborne is a bit more than a nobody....

PROCESSING

Here's something that wouldn't have appeared in the 2016 Random Thoughts thread:

The president of the United States is tweeting about what Marshawn Lynch does before a game.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    The Eagles look pretty good this year but not better than the 04' team. I think this team will come back down to earth a little on the 3 road games....Rams- Seahawks-Giants. Lose at home in the wild card game.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    The Eagles look pretty good this year but not better than the 04' team. I think this team will come back down to earth a little on the 3 road games....Rams- Seahawks-Giants. Lose at home in the wild card game.
    How are the Eagles even playing a wild card game if they're probably get the 1 or 2 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    How are the Eagles even playing a wild card game if they're probably get the 1 or 2 seed?
    Probably an alt account of the guy who told me the Cowboys are going to win the division.

-Scott van Pelt

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast