Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I mean, yeah, the Eagles have played a weak schedule.

The might lose to the Rams as well.

I predicted the reaction to a loss in Seattle would be people declaring that the Eagles are frauds. But if that's so obvious now, why weren't those people more open with their views before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

I predicted the reaction to a loss in Seattle would be people declaring that the Eagles are frauds. But if that's so obvious now, why weren't those people more open with their views before the game?
    Yet no uproar over new Englandís soft schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

I think itís more how they lost in Seattle as opposed to that they lost.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I give the Seahawks and especially Wilson credit. I also think that game was closer than the score suggests. We lost, either way, but it wasn't like we got dominated.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I give the Seahawks and especially Wilson credit. I also think that game was closer than the score suggests. We lost, either way, but it wasn't like we got dominated.
    The Eagles offense pretty much got dominated by the Seahawks defense, didn't they? And was without Sherman and Chancellor. It will be interesting to see if Wade Phillips and the Rams can do the same in LA on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The Eagles offense pretty much got dominated by the Seahawks defense, didn't they? And was without Sherman and Chancellor. It will be interesting to see if Wade Phillips and the Rams can do the same in LA on Sunday.
    I don't think so. We could have easily scored more touchdowns, just things out of character happened (Wentz fumbling at the goal line, Alshon holding call that negated a run to the one yard line). More times than not, we score in those instances (as evident with us being a top 2 scoring offense). By no means was it a dominating performance, especially in the second half.

I think we fair even better against the Rams because Goff isn't going to be scrambling 30 yards backwards and then throwing bombs down the field like Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I don't think so. I've seen the Eagles play a lot of sloppy halves this year; it's just the first time they stiched two of those together for a whole game.

It was a close, one-possession game way into the third quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    No, the Eagles offense mostly defeated themselves. Wentz badly underthrew a pass to a wide-open Agholor in the first half that resulted in an incompletion, otherwise the drive would have resulted in a FG or TD. Wentz's fumble out of the end zone should have been a TD as well. The following drive was a Seahawks TD. At that point in the game the score would have been 13-17 or 17-17 if not for those two mistakes. The offense was able to run the ball on the Seahawks defense, but that's obviously irrelevant down two possessions.

Our biggest strength is the DL and Russell Wilson's scrambling ability almost completely negated that. Our LBs and CBs aren't that great in coverage overall and Seattle's receivers (WR/RB/TE) running around for several seconds exposed that.

Potentially, against the Rams, the DL has the ability to shut down Gurley and put pressure on Goff. But I think the game is a coin flip: 50-50 chance as to who will win.

PSD 30 for 30: What if I told you that the Eagles could lose a game and still be a SB contender?

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    PSD 30 for 30: What if I told you that the Eagles could lose a game and still be a SB contender?
    I think they're too inexperienced to be considered a true Super Bowl contender this year. Up and coming team, but I think a year or two from now is when they really become a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I think they're too inexperienced to be considered a true Super Bowl contender this year. Up and coming team, but I think a year or two from now is when they really become a threat.
    I'll buy some of that. Wouldn't surprise me if we suffered the same fate as Dallas did last year, granted we are an excellent home team, particularly since Doug has been here. I fear New Orleans, severely.

I'll buy some of that. Wouldn't surprise me if we suffered the same fate as Dallas did last year, granted we are an excellent home team, particularly since Doug has been here. I fear New Orleans, severely.
    I was expecting to lose in the playoffs even when the Eagles hype train was going at full speed.

Howie will probably spend most of the remaining cap on keeping a few more free agents in Philly, like Nigel Bradham. With Hicks healthy, Jones finally playing (I'm thinking nickel CB at first) and Barnett in his second year, the defense would probably be just as good next year as this year. On offense, it will be interesting to see if Peters and Sproles attempt comebacks. Maybe we'll extend Blount. Everybody else is signed through 2018.

So we'll have another shot next year regardless of what happens this season. (Unless Gronkowski decapitates Wentz in the Super Bowl or something similarly tragic.) [I'm not saying the Eagles will play in the Super Bowl, but that's the only scenario in which Wentz could meet that thug Gronkowski.]

I don't think so. We could have easily scored more touchdowns, just things out of character happened (Wentz fumbling at the goal line, Alshon holding call that negated a run to the one yard line). More times than not, we score in those instances (as evident with us being a top 2 scoring offense). By no means was it a dominating performance, especially in the second half.

I think we fair even better against the Rams because Goff isn't going to be scrambling 30 yards backwards and then throwing bombs down the field like Wilson.
    I was listening to them argue about this on the radio 1 guy made a good point he said maybe with weaker competition you don't have to hold or the lesser defender isn't gonna poke that ball away on the GL.

But that's why they say you improve by playing better teams. That loss didn't really make me say..well thank God the eagles stink. The Hawks defense did bang them around but it's not like you can point to a certain weakness in Philly that caused it like a CB getting killed all day or Wentz sucking. The LT didn't have his best day but it's not like Philly layed a egg. It was a good game, yes Seattle looked like a better team but only on that day.

That being said I hope the lose big in LA and the mental stress of that causes a loss at NY..lol...come on who in they right mind does not want to see a NYE game in Philly for the division with Zeke playing.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    That being said I hope the lose big in LA and the mental stress of that causes a loss at NY..lol...come on who in they right mind does not want to see a NYE game in Philly for the division with Zeke playing.
    That's usually how it goes (historically) when it's Birds vs. Boys in Week 17. Lol. Of course, I could always go for another 44-6 ( ) but I want that first round bye.

I think that when a receiver drops a pass and the ball pops up and gets intercepted (which happened last night), they shouldn't count it as an INT on the quarterback's stats. It should just be counted as a "team INT" in a separate stat (especially if the ball is thrown right to the WR/TE/RB).

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast