Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will you watch Olympic hockey without NHL players?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will you watch Olympic hockey without NHL players?

Simple question, do you plan to watch Olympic hockey without NHL players?

Absolutely, I'm actually more excited to watch this year then in years past. I want to see some of these unknowns and young kids show what they can do on the biggest stage in the world. NHL guys would be nice, but its just feels like a more competitive all-star game when a handful of countries are stacked with NHL superstars.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

A competitive all star game is the best kind of hockey. In my opinion at least. I'll watch but it won't be nearly as good as it would be with them. I'm of the opinion every NHL season with the Olympics should be adjusted to fit it into the schedule. Just another reason I hate the owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    A competitive all star game is the best kind of hockey. In my opinion at least. I'll watch but it won't be nearly as good as it would be with them. I'm of the opinion every NHL season with the Olympics should be adjusted to fit it into the schedule. Just another reason I hate the owners.

Ya, to each their own. Was never a fan of potentially losing a player to injury because of something that happened in the Olympics. I also think that the non-superstars make for a better story i.e. The Miracle on Ice
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

I'm looking forward to it. Guilty pleasure of mine is watching the Spengler Cup with all the AHL and European guys playing. Add in college players and I think this will be a lot of fun.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Hockey is the only winter olympic sport I care about, so I might as well watch it again.

Iím actually really pumped for it. Tbh I think this will be better for the long term future of hockey as much as people disagree. This could create legitimate buzz around some of the prospects and the NHL draft, causing people to begin following certain players.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Russia will have Ilya Kovalchuk, Pavel Datsyuk, along with Slava Voynov and Andrei Markov on the backend. Perhaps the four best players in this tournament.

I'm pretty pumped. Could see a few guys from Canada use this to get back into the NHL. I'm curious if they go for unsigned NHL free agents like Jarome Iginla and Dennis Wideman.

NHL season schedule should be adjusted from July to January

Yes but it wonít be nearly as good.

Iíd rather Canada just send their World Jr. team. Iím going to be extremely annoyed seeing Mason Raymond, Derek Roy, Rene Bourque, Wojtek Wolski and Gilbert Brule out there as top players.

I'll be watching casually instead of obsessively.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Yes but it wonít be nearly as good.

Iíd rather Canada just send their World Jr. team. Iím going to be extremely annoyed seeing Mason Raymond, Derek Roy, Rene Bourque, Wojtek Wolski and Gilbert Brule out there as top players.
    Mason Raymond dominates the WJC. Seriously. He's a professional player for a reason.

All of those guys are professional players. Thanks for the info. Still donít care to see them playing for my country at this point in their careers.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 11-02-2017 at 08:38 PM.

i've never watched olympic hockey for the americans and nothing will change by not having a u.s. team. hockey's still the greatest sport in the world.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I am glad...the NHL guys already get high level exposure....isn't the Olympics supposed to be for amateur sports anyways. This will be like it used to be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast