Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    But you said "win championships" ... are you saying the Cavs used Bogut in 2016?
    He gets hurt and they lose......hmmmmph.

I'm mostly just ****ing around but yeah, that Gobert video was weak compared to some of the stuff Bogut and Green were doing then. And the Jazz don't have the snipers that GS did.

As an OKC fan, no one has more right to complain than us. Westbrook and Melo got the two most bogus calls. That wasn't the reason we lost but I could not believe it was even a question about a flagrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    He gets hurt and they lose......hmmmmph.

I'm mostly just ****ing around but yeah, that Gobert video was weak compared to some of the stuff Bogut and Green were doing then. And the Jazz don't have the snipers that GS did.
    I'm ****ing around too. The problem isn't just Bogut/Green ... the rule is broken, but I guess either it's not a priority to fix or the NBA hasn't figured out how to fix it yet.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    As an OKC fan, no one has more right to complain than us. Westbrook and Melo got the two most bogus calls. That wasn't the reason we lost but I could not believe it was even a question about a flagrant.
    Just curious if you have some statistical support of that position?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Has the NBA fixed the stupid rule where it is technically legal to "illegally" screen a defender if you're not facing your own basket? I still see players doing it and it's such a dumb tactic. A screen should be called when it's illegal, period.

Has the NBA fixed the stupid rule where it is technically legal to "illegally" screen a defender if you're not facing your own basket? I still see players doing it and it's such a dumb tactic. A screen should be called when it's illegal, period.
    Nope. That's a big part of the issue with the rule.

Just curious if you have some statistical support of that position?
    Don't need statistics. The video of the two flagrant fouls were probably the worst calls I've seen this season. Melo ejected for what is a common foul and RWB called for a flagrant when it should be a foul on the other team.

Don't need statistics. The video of the two flagrant fouls were probably the worst calls I've seen this season. Melo ejected for what is a common foul and RWB called for a flagrant when it should be a foul on the other team.
    I agree the Melo call should not have been a flagrant 2, but they are trying to call all head contact as a flagrant this year. Curry got a flagrant that never would have been before too.

Kidd got fined $15K bickering about refs last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Kidd got fined $15K bickering about refs last few games.
    I think the bickering is up because the refs are calling things they haven't called for years, but are still missing other calls. I've seen 4 coaches lose their minds over missed travel calls.

wow this spurs bucks (11.10.17) game soo many bad calls lol and i am a lakers fan with no money on the line...just trying to enjoy a good ball game but refs non calls super inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by M.L.G.A. View Post
    wow this spurs bucks (11.10.17) game soo many bad calls lol and i am a lakers fan with no money on the line...just trying to enjoy a good ball game but refs non calls super inconsistent
    The missed call on Henson when Manu initiated contact. The missed contact on Giannis earlier I checked quarter. And the missed hit in Middleton. Probably a few the spurs way. But dear God.

Just trying to make PSD Great Again one post at a time.

If you can find video clips to post it would help for those of us that didn't see the game.

If you can find video clips to post it would help for those of us that didn't see the game.
    Yeah I was awatching the game and don't know how/where to pull them

Just trying to make PSD Great Again one post at a time.

refs not ready for season

The refs weren't ready for the season, and the league isn't keeping up with the players either. Carmelo was 'swiped' in the face, before he drove to the hoop, and knew he'd be met at the rim so went in to meet contact. His elbow did not touch the head or face...weak refs and league protecting their 'reputations,' and sacrificing the players.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast